Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ebola outbreak - not serious enough

Ebola has broken out again, and like the bird avian flu, it looks like no one has beentaking it seriously at least not till now, which might be too late if an infected person had travelled in the last month. 4 days ago iis when the British cabinet met to discuss the issue that has been going on for 6 months. A couple I know flew back to England from Sierra Leone last week and the week before, not a single check for the illness, they could easily have been carriers , not an ounce of precaustion.

You better start trusting God, because it's nothing short of a miracle that the outbreak hasn't gone global by now, seeing that this has been going on since the beginning of this year. I observe people put far too much confidence in their knoweldge and ability, but if they only knew how lucky they've been that some of the bad stuff that has happened has not been catastrophic.. they'll stop trying to blame everyone including God, be grateful for life, and get off their romp to do something more about it.

If you live in Europe or the U.S, what would you do if Ebola has already been passed by infected people entering last week and the week before via commercial airlines, before qurantine measures were taken.

oh and btw, if you live in the UK, it's only in the last few days that they started screening. Anyone remembers Avian flue? the bird flu - trust me, it's a miracle that a contagion catastrophe hasn't caused pandemic yet. - Funnily i only just recently watched Dawm of the Planet of the Apes

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Ebola has broken out again, and like the bird avian flu, it looks like no one has beentaking it seriously at least not till now, which might be too late if an infected person had travelled in the last month. 4 days ago iis when the British cabinet met to discuss the issue that has been going on for 6 months. A couple I know flew back to England from Sierra Leone last week and the week before, not a single check for the illness, they could easily have been carriers , not an ounce of precaustion.

You better start trusting God, because it's nothing short of a miracle that the outbreak hasn't gone global by now, seeing that this has been going on since the beginning of this year. I observe people put far too much confidence in their knoweldge and ability, but if they only knew how lucky they've been that some of the bad stuff that has happened has not been catastrophic.. they'll stop trying to blame everyone including God, be grateful for life, and get off their romp to do something more about it.

If you live in Europe or the U.S, what would you do if Ebola has already been passed by infected people entering last week and the week before via commercial airlines, before qurantine measures were taken.

oh and btw, if you live in the UK, it's only in the last few days that they started screening. Anyone remembers Avian flue? the bird flu - trust me, it's a miracle that a contagion catastrophe hasn't caused pandemic yet. - Funnily i only just recently watched Dawm of the Planet of the Apes

I live so far out of the way I'm not really concerned atm.

like the street banner in Christopolis - Liberia wrote - EBOLA IS REAL, take it seriously.. no one is, not even MMO-champion.. but if it was about gays, or Jesus or Israel or Obama - this would be 2 pages long by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I live so far out of the way I'm not really concerned atm.
    the virus could be already in the west you know, no one was screening for the sickness until a few days ago, and they've had it there for months now, and they don't screen, neither do the airlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    like the street banner in Christopolis - Liberia wrote - EBOLA IS REAL, take it seriously.. no one is, not even MMO-champion.. but if it was about gays, or Jesus or Israel or Obama - this would be 2 pages long by now.

You mean like this thread, that is already 15 pages?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ebola-outbreak

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

the virus could be already in the west you know, no one was screening for the sickness until a few days ago, and they've had it there for months now, and they don't screen, neither do the airlines.
    What the fuck do you expect the common man to do? I can't tell my boss "I'm not going into work, Ebola is in Sierra Leone and Lagos, sorry brah" and I certainly can't shut down my local airport.

Stop buying into the completely fucking irrational panic. There's nothing you can do.

10+ Year Old Account

As I said I live so far out of the way I'm not concerned atm.

Not very observant are you?

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ebola outbreak is all over the news every day in Canada. We have plenty of doctors over there helping to fight it too.

One thing that's actually pretty sad is that in some of the infected areas in Sierra Leone the locals have never seen westerners before and think that they brought the virus. Emergency aid teams are being accused of being cannibals that take loved ones away to their tents, harvest their organs, and then dispose of the bodies which they are never seen again. It's a very tough language and communication barrier to overcome.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2014-08-01 at 05:44 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not incredibly concerned since it isn't airborne. If needed, I can work from home and interact with the public at a minimal frequency until it all blows over.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's a very tough language and communication barrier to overcome.
    Even though I'm a medical professional, I only have one comment to that: <Spock> They are dying <Kirk> Let them die.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

There's already a thread about this, that's why. Why am I not taking it seriously? Well I don't expect to find many Africans around where I live let alone any that have come here recently from Sierra Leone. There's not a lot we can do apart from lock up the infected and wait for them to die, and then burn the container. It's truly horrible but what the fuck do you expect people to do? Stop buying into fearmongering. It's on the news all the time anyway.

Some uneducated folk in a shitty country far away is dying. Whatever am I supposed to do? The same thing all westerners do every second of every day as this always happens just by different means - ignore it, or try and help. In this case, there's nothing you can really do to help, so back to ignoring it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Even though I'm a medical professional, I only have one comment to that: <Spock> They are dying <Kirk> Let them die.
    Unfortunately this is the only real option. Once it has manifested the survival rate is very very low. People should be quarantined with it and then the bodies immediately cremated

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You mean like this thread, that is already 15 pages?

meh .. i looked for the topic, didn't see it on the first page, but you're right, they should close this one b/c there is another one up, i'll reply to it in a less provocative post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    Unfortunately this is the only real option. Once it has manifested the survival rate is very very low. People should be quarantined with it and then the bodies immediately cremated
    What's kind of surprising is that in this outbreak the survival rate has been significantly higher than it usually is for ebola - something like a 60% death rate instead of a 90% one.

I'm not sure the medical aid has much to do with that because of the nature of ebola, but it's maybe just a very slightly less fatal strain.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Not incredibly concerned since I don't live in a fucked up third world country like Africa. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how I feel about this issue.

Deleted
    But seriously - what most people don't actually realise is that there is already a vaccine (actually more than one) for Ebola in the works. Yes, it's experimental but it has been proven to work on animals already.

If the Ebola spreads into Europe or USA you can bet your left nipple that suddenly we'd have the resources needed to combat the disease.

So why aren't we making it happen? Because these are poor countries and as companies would put it "It's not economically viable".
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2014-08-01 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Not incredibly concerned since I don't live in a fucked up third world country like Africa. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how I feel about this issue.
    TIL, Africa is a Country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Atlanta and they are bringing an Ebola patient INTENTIONALLY to Emory hospital downtown. This does not make me feel at ease at all...sure a cure is needed but god damnit why my city.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    TIL, Africa is a Country.
    Thank you for the morning chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I live in Atlanta and they are bringing an Ebola patient INTENTIONALLY to Emory hospital downtown. This does not make me feel at ease at all...sure a cure is needed but god damnit why my city.
    oh shit, Atlanta you say?!