660. This poll is closed
  • Spare life

329 49.85%
  • Kill

331 50.15%
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So many internet tough guys.....

He made the choice of trying to kill somebody, so he knew the risks he was taking.
    Last edited by MinTDH; 2014-08-04 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Compassion and mercy are two things that I hold very close, This probably does not need to be said but it does not come from any religious
    upbringing or context.

In my eyes, This situation would count as revenge and people who can't refrain from revenge are weak minded human beings.

Once, when I was 12 years old I was attacked by a group of teenagers maybe a couple of years my older with metal bars -They tried their hardest to take my life and very close to succeeded but there has been no point in my life were I have wished them death.

For all the people giving off the persona off ''If you cross me, you will fucking die! (and i'll enjoy it)'', you are truly the pathetic ones.
    You just the nail on the head in regards to all and I mean all of the bad about killing someone in such situation and unlike most goody two-shoes you're not sugar coating this at all.

And while I'm one of those who would kill in such a situation and the one of those your dis'sing in your post. I'm not mad about because I feel your saying this, In fact you're pointed the enormous flaws someone I would have. your not saying that killing is bad it's cuz it's bad and having the stupid fear of doing one thing bad and being "tainted" by it as well as being stuck up about their "good" morals. but because you give a reason for it and how it would look on the individual who thinks: hey you pissed me off time to die. while I'm neutral about this and would kill or spare if I had to in such a situation based on the threat or the reasons behind the attack. you pretty much made me think twice about it all.

I've been trying to say here that killing for a good AND necessary reason is a must If, and repeat IF.THERE. IS. NO. OTHER. OPTION. but it must be for that and that reason alone, not kill liberally like it's the best solution all the time. Killing should at all cost be a last resort and killing for low reasons is something that does piss me off greatly and while I sound like one who think that should be more crimes punishable by death, your misunderstand me here. what I would like to see is less stigmatizing of Justifiable Homicide and of people who do not to see it is an evil act. But an Extreme act that like others can and in most case do get way out of hand if one is not careful.

And while we are opposites here. I'll say this for the last time. I'm not mad about your post and unlike what you would expect form someone like me. I am kinda grateful for see your post since I see it as constructive Criticism towards my own views and such criticism are harsh but necessary guide and learning experiences at times. I too despite contradicting my self Value mercy and compassion but to Violate the sanctity of life I feel there must punishment for those who kill and harm others. Not for revenge, but to show that there are consequence for such actions and protect other. Also I respect your post because you sound like a person who is strong and pacifistic and not a pretentious ass who may act "good" but would throw their morals away like It was nothing of real value.
    Last edited by Goradan; 2014-08-04 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill them for sure, doesn't matter how sorry they were, I wouldn't stop until I killed them or they killed me.

Mercy and or 2nd chances are for the weak in a do or die situation.

Spare their life, despite the probably that they will attempt legal action because our legal system is fucked up and it is possible for that to happen. That said if someone tries to kill me they are not likely to live through it, I have to pull my gun Im going to shoot to kill. I hope it never happens but if I have to use lethal force Im going for the kill, period.

Gotta love the "if you kill someone who tried to kill you, then you're the psycho" in here

would really depend on how everything went down. Some schmuck tried something funny with a random grabbed object? meh...

something overly complex that was planned? I might feel a need to put them down.

Id probably ask them "how do i know if i let you go you wont come back for me?" then if i had their gun (assuming thats what they tried to kill me with) id probably put a bullet in each knee and and let them live.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I wouldt kill em, id put em in a wheelchair, for life and that is even worse then being killed
    It really isn't worse than being dead.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I wonder how many of you would really have the balls to kill someone. I think that most of you probably wouldn't even be able to perform an emergency tracheotomy or something.
    Hah, few years ago I've had my hand sewn together after a very nasty cut and I was watching the entire operation when he cut off, cleaned and sewn the big wound together.
    It was fascinating to see your own bones and nerves and stuff in there first time experience.
    Wish I would had filmed it to show friends and family how it looked.

Anyway, would love to see someone do a major operation in the future, it's very interesting to see everything alive in there, dead bodies insides is not the same..

But sure I guess I could slit somebody's throat if I had to, I mean if in my own home ofc, I wouldn't want to go for murder myself.
    You really need to kill the person who tried to kill you, he might want to try it again after he's out of prison, you will only get one chance.

Afraid of killing someone? lol no not at all, just a knife/gun and a sensitive human neck and game over, ez pz

I'd leave them with a crippling injury that they'd have to deal with for the rest of their lives.
    /Internet tough guy out
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2014-08-04 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I'd leave them with a crippling injury that they'd have to deal with for the rest of their lives.
    /Internet tough guy out
    I think that's a fair compromise..just cap their knee, don't need to kill em
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    A lot of would-be murderers in this thread.

Honestly, it's a hard question to answer, as I'd have adrenaline pumping and would be in a completely different state of mind then I am now, pondering this question. I don't think I would, but I am not too sure about that.

However, if someone attempted to kill a family member or my husband, I am pretty sure I would react with vengeance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I wonder...do the people that would kill them not care about the fact that they most likely would end up in prison for committing murder?
    I mean, sure, you could try to argue for self-defence, but it's not very likely that you would get away with it...is it really worth it to spend at least a LOT of years in jail just to get revenge?
    How would they know it wasn't in self-defense? They have to prove it was murder, while you can claim self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    How would they know it wasn't in self-defense? They have to prove it was murder, while you can claim self-defense.
    If you just detained the attempted murderer, there would be pretty much zero risk of you getting into trouble, but if you killed him, you run the risk of potential evidence coming up, like a neighbor heard a plea of life. Unlikely though that you would get into trouble though if they do not hear or witness it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    If you just detained the attempted murderer, there would be pretty much zero risk of you getting into trouble, but if you killed him, you run the risk of potential evidence coming up, like a neighbor heard a plea of life. Unlikely though that you would get into trouble though if they do not hear or witness it.
    Let's say I put a stun gun to his chest, how would they tell he wasn't fighting back and it had no effect on his willingness to fight until his heart stopped?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd spare them, but I'd also call the police and have them arrested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Peforming an emergency tracheotomy is wildly different from killing someone.
    Oh yeah. Strawberry icecream is also wildy different from mango, and is also very different from road tar.

!!!