Guardians of the Galaxy/Avengers crossover

So I read that they're talking about doing a crossover with Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. I would much rather see xmen crossover with avengers but I suppose this could be just as good. I've been told it will be Avengers 3. What do you guys think?

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/dream...l-likely-meet/

This should just be in the MCU thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoTG was amazing. One of the very best movies I've seen this year.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

X-Men and Spider-Man IPs won't be in the Avenger-esque movies because they're owned by different companies. You'll see the Avengers and Guardians team up when they do the Thanos movie I bet. Though the rumor was that the Hulk would be joining future Guardian movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    X-Men and Spider-Man IPs won't be in the Avenger-esque movies because they're owned by different companies. You'll see the Avengers and Guardians team up when they do the Thanos movie I bet. Though the rumor was that the Hulk would be joining future Guardian movie.
    I'm awaree of property ownerships with the different marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    That rumor has been squashed sooo many times. James Gunn does not want hulk in his movies.

It is weird tho that Marvel can get Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in their movie Age of Ultron but cant get spider man. Apparently there is a grey area between Fox and Marvels characters that allows anyone that is an avenger to be used in film. Guess that same loop hole does not apply with sony?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    That rumor has been squashed sooo many times. James Gunn does not want hulk in his movies.

It is weird tho that Marvel can get Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in their movie Age of Ultron but cant get spider man. Apparently there is a grey area between Fox and Marvels characters that allows anyone that is an avenger to be used in film. Guess that same loop hole does not apply with sony?
    Would imagine because they specifically sold Spiderman, while Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch weren't specific sales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

Marvel owns the rights for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch outside of there X-Men storylines, whereas Fox owns them in there Marvel Storylines. Same as Spiderman, technically Marvel could make a Spiderman TV show, as they own the rights for every Marvel character in TV Shows, just not movie rights.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's already a crossover because Thanos is in both story lines, they're in the same universe, dealing with The Infinity Stones. They both have the same enemy. They just have not met yet. Thor's story line does actually have ac have to cross with them though, since Sif did meet the collector, as did the Guardians of the Galaxy. It's all speculation, but for movie wise, it'd probably be best to keep them separate and just have avenger cameos in Guardians, and keep guardians out of the avenger's movies. Might work when they start killing off heroes, just imagine how old they main avengers will be when Avenger's 4 comes out...(3 is not the end)