Staff vs 1h/Shield

I am an elemental shaman looking for the answer on whether or not to use a staff or a 1h/shield combo. I currently use the 1h/shield combo, but during a previous raid with my guild, i coin rolled the Gaze of Arrogance (H). I currently use the Kardis' Scepter (WF) and Norushens Enigmatic Barrier (H). according to askmrrobot.com, the Gaze of Arrogance is ranked higher than the Scepter. Is this simply because of the ilvl increase?

Here is my armory, feel free to give any feedback. I do ask if you do give feedback, please provide a reason and proof for your answer/theory on which weapons i should be using. thanks for the advice!

Still wont let me post links, so please look up Koracks on KT server. will try to keep him in elemental for the time being.

If you're using the 5.4 default build that AskMrRobot suggests (which you are) and you follow its optimization suggestions (which you're not doing ATM) then you'll end up losing 0.46% mastery and gaining 2.50% haste by swapping to GoA(H) before you upgrade it which makes it better.

1h + oh is better when the 2 hand is from same item level. if the staff has higher ilvl use it. it also does not have spirit on it which is nice if you already have enough spirit.

Deleted
    Its a somewhat minor point, but a shield also provides armor, which - especially in heroic mode raiding - can actually be pretty useful. Its not something that can be completely ignored by any stretch.