Deleted

Calling all resto druids!

Hey, im a resto druid of predominantly PvE experience and have only skimmed the surface of PvP back in cataclysm. Anyway clearing 14/14h every wednesday is starting to take its toll and im looking for something else to get into. Just asking for some friendly advice about PvP as a healer in general.

As i said my main char is a resto druid with a few off pieces of pvp gear gained from celestials over the weeks since launch. Is it easy enough to play and do well as a healer in PvP (Random BG's and maybe 2's at some point when i have gear?) or will i just end up getting bored cos people see a healer and nuke?

Lastly, any tips for resto druid PvP or even a upto date guide to link me too? I've had a browse around but haven't come across anything too helpful tbh.

Many thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Here's a basic PvP guide for Rdruids. Keep in mind that atm rdruid meta-game revolves around Soul of the Forest: it's op, it's easy to use, and it's what makes druid so great atm.

As i said my main char is a resto druid with a few off pieces of pvp gear gained from celestials over the weeks since launch. Is it easy enough to play and do well as a healer in PvP (Random BG's and maybe 2's at some point when i have gear?) or will i just end up getting bored cos people see a healer and nuke?
    Most people in bgs are fulled geared, so expect to be trained really hard. If you know the basics of pvp and adjust to the fact that you can easily get 3 shotted by things like monks/rogues, you can still get away for the most part: I didn't have many problems capping a druid in 483 gear, but if you got no previous pvp experience it might be hard considering the amount of CC going around.

Regarding tips: You don't mention 3v3 (which is the most balanced form of PvP there is), so not much advice can be given, because in bgs/rbgs you heal like a PvE druid would, and in 2v2, well, expect long matches until someone drops dead due dampening. Still, I posted some advice to this 2k rdruid in this thread: many tips can actually be used for 2v2 as well, and since the OP includes Vods (which I also comment on), you can grab some valuable information regarding positioning (which is one of important starting-stone of arena). Any another specific doubts you might have, just ask away !

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    Here's a basic PvP guide for Rdruids. Keep in mind that atm rdruid meta-game revolves around Soul of the Forest: it's op, it's easy to use, and it's what makes druid so great atm
    All three talents in that tier are strong for various reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallien View Post
    For resto, roots, roots for days
    Force of nature doesn't root for resto druids...Soul of the Forest all the way, there's no comparison with the other 2 talents, except maybe against something like triple dps or other situations where the rdruid is going to be clearly trained the whole game.
    Last edited by mmocac141d2a8a; 2014-08-04 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    What's good about Force of nature?
    Heals while you're being cc'd/trained, low cd.

Deleted
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    For example the enemy warr uses on use + proc trinket + bladestorm + bloodbath = instantly use barkskin if you can't blink away, no matter what hp you're on and you should do fine for the most part.
    You only see BB BS warriors at 1k mmr.. and you can really just laugh at them. Stuns are way to go!

On topic:

Never stack your defensive cooldowns. You got plenty of them and when you get 'em rolling nicely, you are unstoppable.