Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Speculation : The fifth Lords of War would be about 'us'

This isn't really based on solid proof or something, but I have a feeling(hope?) that it would be about us, the nameless 'Heroes'
    I've never thought about it till recent Kilrogg Episode, but when I saw that Kilrogg's death with Alliance/Horde armies behind him, I have begun to think about it

While many people(including myself) predicted that it would be Gul'dan or other Warlords, it would be such an obvious choice, which made me curious. There is a reason when Blizzard is holding their tongue tight, and it is usually a pleasant/unpleasant surprises. And Gul'dan or other Warlords, while their story can be attractive, wouldn't manage that element of surprise. And there is even an achievement which grants you the title 'Warlord of Draenor'

Warlord of Draenor (New) Complete all of the Nemesis quests at the Gladiator's Sanctum and the quest Fight, Kill, Salute! at the Highmaul Coliseum. Title Reward: Warlord of Draenor. 10 points. Account Wide.

So the fifth Episode would be like, when hearing all about those Warlords, Varian asks, 'What hopes do we have then?', and Maraad answers, 'There is one. There are Adventurers, heroes who have gone through the terror of Naxrammas, brought to an end to the mighty Black Temple, defeated the horror of the scourges in Icecrown, made an end to the catastrophic Cataclysm, and brought down the high walls of Orgrimmar'. And when hearing their feat, Varian's face lightens, and say 'We still do have hope then. Now, let's make a plan to fight against the Iron Horde, with their strength combined. With them, we might be able to win this war after all'

And this is the end of my speculation. Hope you like it, and hope this is right. It would be really cool if this really happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

So a video about how big of a mary sue the PC is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, quite a lot in fact, but knowing blizzard, it's probably going to be Gul'dan.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I would hope by now Varian would know about the adventures though, since he fought along side of them several times.

But it would be a cool twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    So a video about how big of a mary sue the PC is?
    Well considering the things what 'we' have done, we're quite a Mary Sue, aren't we?
    Taran Zhu even confirmed that what we have done is canon
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the fifth Episode would be like, when hearing all about those Warlords, Varian asks, 'What hopes do we have then?', and Maraad answers, 'There is one. There are Adventurers, heroes who have gone through the terror of Naxrammas, brought to an end to the mighty Black Temple, defeated the horror of the scourges in Icecrown, made an end to the catastrophic Cataclysm, and brought down the high walls of Orgrimmar'. And when hearing their feat, Varian's face lightens, and say 'We still do have hope then. Now, let's make a plan to fight against the Iron Horde, with their strength combined. With them, we might be able to win this war after all'
    finally some recognition. We are the savior of all and everything and we are still unknown and unnamed.

We deserved to have a little bit of spotlight. Since we do all the dirty work and we are forgotten every times.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

10+ Year Old Account
    They've said that the point of the series is for us to become more familiar with the orcish warlords we're going to face, so the chances of a video about 'us' is pretty much zero, I'd think.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    finally some recognition. We are the savior of all and everything and we are still unknown and unnamed.

We deserved to have a little bit of spotlight. Since we do all the dirty work and we are forgotten every times.
    I'd rather have a lore character developed than get a verbal blow job.

Deleted
    It's probably about Blackhand.

Gul'dan and Ner'zhul are bigger characters, yes, but we already know so much about them. Blackhand is in more need of a background explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They've said that the point of the series is for us to become more familiar with the orcish warlords we're going to face, so the chances of a video about 'us' is pretty much zero, I'd think.
    Well that 'point' is actually achieved by now though. Of course it would be better to make every Warlords an Episode, but there would be a reason why they've decided to do only 4(and one mysterious Episode) of them

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomaioi View Post
    It's probably about Blackhand.

Gul'dan and Ner'zhul are bigger characters, yes, but we already know so much about them. Blackhand is in more need of a background explanation.
    Blackhand is getting a comic though.

If it's another orc I'd place my bets on Ner'zhul.

Deleted
    Isn't Guldan one of the videos we will be getting, as I would love more lore on Guldan.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Isn't Guldan one of the videos we will be getting, as I would love more lore on Guldan.
    I would love to, but as I said, it is so obvious that there is no point for them to 'hide' it, if that is their intent. It must be some sort of 'surprise'

Every other Warlords lack that element, which is the reason why I kinda doubt that it would be about one specific Warlord at all. I think it would be a closing Episode that concludes what the Iron Horde is like(their strength and weakness, our strategies for that), rather than about one Warlord out of many

It can be that, or my previous prediction of course
    Last edited by ataraxia123; 2014-09-21 at 02:25 AM.

Guys, I am 1,000% sure they listed which warlords would be getting Lords of War videos when they showed the pre-view for the series at the cinematic reveal for WoD. I'll go check, but I'm almost positive it's Blackhand and not Gul'dan or Ner'zhul because I remember being really furious that neither one of them were getting one.

Edit: Here's the video, but it appears they only announced FOUR Lords of War. If there is indeed another coming, it definitely could be any of the remaining. Although it still makes most sense to be about Blackhand considering the end tier boss is Blackhand for Tier 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvD66f4kts

Still mad it probably won't be Gul'dan. Gul'dan has way more actual involvement in the story that Blackhand does, imo.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2014-09-21 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Guys, I am 1,000% sure they listed which warlords would be getting Lords of War videos when they showed the pre-view for the series at the cinematic reveal for WoD. I'll go check, but I'm almost positive it's Blackhand and not Gul'dan or Ner'zhul because I remember being really furious that neither one of them were getting one.
    So they specifically said Gul'dan and Ner'zhul won't get an Episode? That's news

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia123 View Post
    So they specifically said Gul'dan and Ner'zhul won't get an Episode? That's news
    Read my above edit. They did indeed announce which Lords of War we'd get videos on, but they only listed four, for some reason. The 5th is anyone's guess.

It should be about Ner'zhul. Gul'dan is boring.

What, becoming a general of your faction isn't enough for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Read my above edit. They did indeed announce which Lords of War we'd get videos on, but they only listed four, for some reason. The 5th is anyone's guess.
    Ah okay. Yes the 5th is anyone's guess, and I'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    It should be about Ner'zhul. Gul'dan is boring.
    If you think Gul'Dan is boring, you're going to absolutely hate where this expansion is heading. lol.