Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    except you can sap from outside of flare range and hunter's no longer have Hunter's Mark
    Except you can no longer sap the hunter if he's using camo

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    "The bug that we now claim is a feature"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    "The bug that we now claim is a feature"
    Could you show me where it was stated to bea bug please? Until then it will remain a terrible attempt at balancing in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Think about this: All the rogues are bitching about being trackable, but think about it from a Hunter's perspective... We have to get nothing useful in order to track rogues, who probably won't be anywhere near us because of this book.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still sap hunters in camo, it just requires melee range. Working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still sap hunters in camo, it just requires melee range. Working as intended.
    Then it is a bug as I have stood on top of them sometimes and haven't been able to sap em

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Then it is a bug as I have stood on top of them sometimes and haven't been able to sap em
    I can't count the times I've been sapped in camo.
    Maybe you're just doing it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    BS

"You blend into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable by ranged attacks"

AFAIK, sap is considered a ranged ability. I've never sapped a Hunter in camo in melee range. And quite frankly, I don't know why anyone would sap over KS or even Garrote if you managed to get on top of them somehow (assuming they weren't being "pro" and sitting on top of a flare or trap)

I'm curious why this book specifically targets Rogues and not Ferals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Think about this: All the rogues are bitching about being trackable, but think about it from a Hunter's perspective.
    WHy should i do, in the rogues' forum? This book reeks of malintended design to me and whether hunter would get something "more useful" instead is not my concern.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Could you show me where it was stated to bea bug please?
    When camo was patched in, it granted immunity to sap, cheap shot, garrote, and ambush. All of these used the ranged table since vanilla. This was done because the idea is that you can't dodge or parry a stealth attack- your character can't see to respond. Since ranged attacks couldn't be dodged or parried, these were ranged attacks with a very short range indeed!

This also affected feral openers.

Here's a rogue fretting about it:

https://threadmeters.com/wow/v-2mEm/...er_Camouflage/

Here's a great thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140446664

The best post in there is the paladin pointing out that you can't even have the discussion because there's no fucking mods on the forums, and hunters just flood the thread with bullshit. Which, they did.

And here's a hunter crying when it got fixed:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208725

But there's no patch notes for when they finally (mostly) fixed the bug, because Blizzard just up and fixed it, just like they had previously up and broke it.

So yes, all a bug. But the sap thing stayed. For no reason.

Until then it will remain a terrible attempt at balancing in my eyes.
    Nope, bug. But they liked the sap part of the bug, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

-snipping deleted quote-

The problem is that this book says "don't bother bringing your rogue to this shit show, we called you out by name so you won't have any fun". If the druid book or the priest book are broken, they'll be broken for everyone and they'll probably get fixed. Our class can't fucking cloak and dagger looked at for going on two years, we can't get a way to visually tell between yellow 0 and yellow 3 without an addon, and our GUI for combat is an AQ scarab. You think they'll fix the book that removes our role as assassins and scouts, otherwise known as "our role"? Probably not.

That anyone thinks it is a good idea, or fair, is just fucking shocking. Just like... for shame.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-09 at 12:13 AM.

I don't play a hunter, but I think this book is amazing.

Since as timeless Isle has shown, most people that play rogues only do so because they are scummy players that only ever attack people that are on low HP anyway.

I find it hilarious the amount of complaining because 1 class can now completely disregard their cheesiness.

infracted: trolling
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-09 at 12:16 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Make rogues usable again outside of stealth and i'm fine with hunter bullshit.

Problem is that we have way too much damage tied to stealth mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    But the sap thing stayed. For no reason.
    actually, there is a reason: everything with a range >5y is considered a range attack, everything <5y is considered melee. i guess this is something deep inside the system and cannot be changed easily.

declaring some melee attacks as ranged when it comes to defense-RNG like parry or dodge (and only on that table) seems to be quite trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Since as timeless Isle has shown, most people that play rogues only do so because they are scummy players that only ever attack people that are on low HP anyway.
    i really don't know what ganking or being a "scummy player" has to do with playing the rogue class. cliché much? i'm actually having much more fun trolling people on timeless isle on my feral and hunter toons, since both are much better at it than a rogue could ever be. kicking someone off the cliffs into death? cc'ing some into oblivion while doing pretty good amounts of damage on my hunter? unloading a sh*tton of hard-ticking dots and just watch the opponent die on my feral? yes, please! and everything feels a lot more satisfying and funnier than on my old rogue.

oh, and btw: killing off some low-HP people along the way has nothing to do with class or spec. it's all about the guy sitting in front of the computer and wether he's an asshole or not.

Can you have two books at once active? Iirc hunters have one that makes Disengage have no cd, if you can have only one up you won't have any running with anti-rogue one. Not that it matters since no-cd disengage makes hunters unkillable by melee (unless they add 'stunlock' book for rogues which quadruples your damage on Cheap/Kidney shotted people to make it 'vanilla fun').

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    I don't play a hunter, but I think this book is amazing.

I find it hilarious the amount of complaining because 1 class can now completely disregard their cheesiness.
    Trashcan rogue hate. "I hate this class and want it deleted. This item is unfair and I know it, but since I want the class deleted, I like that".

declaring some melee attacks as ranged when it comes to defense-RNG like parry or dodge (and only on that table) seems to be quite trivial.
    Well, it was clear that the internal flagging of these moves as ranged was contrary to their tooltips. What they did with the fix was make them simply not able to be dodged or parried, and nowadays, even ranged attacks can be dodged or parried.

(unless they add 'stunlock' book for rogues which quadruples your damage on Cheap/Kidney shotted people to make it 'vanilla fun')
    The rogue book looks like it resets the cooldown on prep when you score a killing blow. It's definitely not up there with the other books, but that's a much milder power discrepancy than the hunter book creates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's cut some of the class hate in every direction so I can stop pruning and don't need to hand out more infractions or close the thread. Thanks.

No person is defined by their class choice; people of every kind play every class, whether it be rogue, hunter, druid, or something unrelated that people are pulling into this discussion for some reason.

Fellow rogues, we are complaining in the wrong forum. We need to complain over in the official ones and maybe Blizz will see why this is such a horrible decision.

Deleted
    This is what the standard hunter spell "Track Hidden" should have done a long time ago. No one should have the right to be 100% invisible (including hunters).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    This is what the standard hunter spell "Track Hidden" should have done a long time ago. No one should have the right to be 100% invisible (including hunters).
    Then take away master of subtlety, subterfuge, prey on the weak and find weakness. Balance the dmg without and we're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    So you like the book because it deletes stealth, and you want stealth deleted.

Like, that's a legit opinion, but of course ludicrous in WoW. WoW has a stealth class, after all- it's their design intent that stealth grant 100% invisibility.

This book? Goes against their design, and is terrible.

100% invisible? Last time i checked, there were multiple way to make me visible. Me doing anything besides walking and pickpocketing one of these.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose