Are there Hearthstone bots?

I played a shaman this weekend with an odd name that played the game very mechanically. He would take the exact same amount of time prior to playing cards and played in ways that baffled me. Like putting a flametongue totem down with nothing else on the board. I would end turn, he would wait 2 seconds, play a card, wait two seconds, token, wait two seconds, end turn. Thing is, he was rank 17. 17 isn't that high of a rank, but anyone who would use a flametongue on an empy board shouldn't be able to get past rank 20. The whole thing kinda creeped me out lol.

Deleted
    There are bots for everything - if people will pay for bots, you can bet someone has made one.

*edit* - I just checked a known botter site, yes, there is a Hearthstone bot although I didn't look into the details of what it actually does.

Bots these days are very sophisticated though usually. They have flaws for sure but things like exact turn times and all that is a very basic thing and usually bots would be coded to do things over random intervals rather than exact seconds ect ect.. Then again, most bots run through made profiles and maybe the profile creator is new to it or something and over looked a basic delay like that.. idk.. That's too far into the shady grounds for my taste!
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2014-08-05 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, there are.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is, and apparently one of them even got to rank 4, if forum posts are to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There is, and apparently one of them even got to rank 4, if forum posts are to be believed.
    someone streamed using a bot to get to legend as a Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    There are bots for everything - if people will pay for bots, you can bet someone has made one.

*edit* - I just checked a known botter site, yes, there is a Hearthstone bot although I didn't look into the details of what it actually does.
    They run the deck as if the computer was controlling the mouse really, and play card according to an algorithm.....which is a bit depression. Zoo for instance can be boiled down to an incredibly simple list of criteria....and then people have used it to reach legend just botting......

I play priest, I shudder to think how complex an algorithm would have to be to play that well!

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I played a shaman this weekend with an odd name that played the game very mechanically. He would take the exact same amount of time prior to playing cards and played in ways that baffled me. Like putting a flametongue totem down with nothing else on the board. I would end turn, he would wait 2 seconds, play a card, wait two seconds, token, wait two seconds, end turn. Thing is, he was rank 17. 17 isn't that high of a rank, but anyone who would use a flametongue on an empy board shouldn't be able to get past rank 20. The whole thing kinda creeped me out lol.
    Did read several places that yes indeed there are bots out that act like the one you talk about, there is also another kind according to forums:

It basicly surrender or leaves the sec the games start.
    Why would a bot do this you may ask, well it seems that it stay at very low rank ( as its not winning ofc ) so low that it often faces other bots of same *quality * now the bot that quits first loses ofc but as they are programmed to do it at same time its a matter of *luck* who wins ......

this might sound terrible but the games are over fast i would imagine and it will win some games and that gives them gold and over time the golden portrait also would be a easy way to level up chars.

Blizz did already counter this once ... this was when they implanted the *max 100G from winning bonus per day* to slow them down.

Can only hope they do more about it soon.

Yeah, one is leveling my rogue now. For 10 losses you get 1 win at rank 20.

Sometimes I alt+tab to check how my bot is doing. God players at rank 20 are pathetic. They struggle to make decisions, they go "well played"... against a bot. Just lol.

And default bot's config is just awful. Trully pathetic
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Yes there is. There are a few names of programs floating around the internet, but I'll let you find it yourself if you are curious

Hearth stone would be incredibly easy to bot. Having helped design one or two. So I can only imagine yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yeah, one is leveling my rogue now. For 10 losses you get 1 win at rank 20.

Sometimes I alt+tab to check how my bot is doing. God players at rank 20 are pathetic. They struggle to make decisions, they go "well played"... against a bot. Just lol.

And default bot's config is just awful. Trully pathetic
    Uses a bot. Calls other people pathetic

The irony is delicious
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if there are bots in the game, how can you possibly know your opponent is one? You should just emote to them and ask...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

The irony is delicious
    I bet his bot is rolling with an all common deck too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

The irony is delicious
    Yeah. Downloading one exe, double clicking it makes me pathetic, as opposed to:
    just checked, enemy at one hp and goes "I'm sorry" and kills my bot. The struggle is real.

Keep on hating, too bad you're useless and weak and a non factor and won't change a thing. /pat
    All you have is your useless hate and call me pathetic, delicious irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Even if there are bots in the game, how can you possibly know your opponent is one? You should just emote to them and ask...

- - - Updated - - -

I bet his bot is rolling with an all common deck too.
    Oh you bet? You don't know shit and still talk, come on, be less pathetic? Running with non common deck is bad, because bot uses spells on enemy minions (including... Cold Blood), doesn't chain cards for combos (so any 2 drop is better than scrubs), etc. Come on now.
    Bots do not hover over cards they're about to play, let alone hovering other cards to check them. All actions take regular short intervals, etc. Turn one coin to drop a 1 mana drop minion. Come on now... I guess when you're a bot irl, you don't really notice crappy bots? There there /pat
    Last edited by ldev; 2014-08-06 at 02:35 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Even if there are bots in the game, how can you possibly know your opponent is one? You should just emote to ask...
    Some common clues: strange names (xxtb12), odd tactics, immediate card plays without any card hovers, and zero communication. The final clue would be them never surrendering. I had a sure win leaving a bot at 1 hp with complete board control. Waited out a few turns... any1 would surrender just to save time and play the next game.

It's not suprising there would be bots in this game. Considering it is free, easy, and possible money to be made selling accounts with golden legendaries.

Holy Christ. I only heard of bots for the first time today while watching Trump. I did not expect to run into a bot justifier in the first forum thread about the subject I came across. I mean, I know people will justify using bots and be super douches about it, but literally the same day?

Can't say I have ever played against a bot knowingly yet, but I have probably played a mere fraction of what most forum readers have. Unless some of those insta-wins that I have gotten were just from bots DCing because of my class... Probably.

Deleted
    Yeah. Downloading one exe, double clicking it makes me pathetic,
    Lol. I have this nice .exe for you, would you care to doubleclick it? I promise, it's totally safe from chinese backdoors

- - - Updated - - -

Keep on hating, too bad you're useless and weak and a non factor and won't change a thing. /pat
    All you have is your useless hate and call me pathetic, delicious irony.

Oh you bet? You don't know shit and still talk, come on, be less pathetic? Running with non common deck is bad, because bot uses spells on enemy minions (including... Cold Blood), doesn't chain cards for combos (so any 2 drop is better than scrubs), etc. Come on now.

Bots do not hover over cards they're about to play, let alone hovering other cards to check them. All actions take regular short intervals, etc. Turn one coin to drop a 1 mana drop minion. Come on now... I guess when you're a bot irl, you don't really notice crappy bots? There there /pat
    You're so angry as well. Lashing out at everyone, sure of your righteous supremacy... to run some grindy fucking bot... in online cardgame... that doesn't need any grinding..

Ok, well all the power to you dude. Enjoy your lvl20 rogue bot and 100g per day