Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    Skyrim. duh
    Skyrim was so zzzzzz

Sims 2, Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, Rune Factory 4, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning.

Edit #1: Also, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I've had many great joys playing games, but if we're talking about games I was hyped for prior and the game exceeded or met my expectations, that's the ones I'd go with.

Edit #2: Forgot WoW. I'd say BC and Wrath also exceeded/met my expectations in some areas too.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-08-10 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Apart from the WC RTS series? It's hard to say there's so many damn games..

AC: Black Flag.

Was kinda dissapointed in AC3, but reading some people's hype about Black Flag made me buy it. Glad I did. Best AC in the series imo.

Borderlands 2 without a doubt

Deleted
    half life. spent the holidays going to my aunts so i could play it... my computer wasnt strong enough

i think playing secret of mana was my biggest joy while playing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt say my greatest joy in gaming.....but kingdom hearts 2. that game when it came out fired on all cylinders for me. i remember all the build up to that game and trying to scrape together every little bit of info about the game. when it finally came out i remember it living up to my hype and then some. still one of my favorite games to this day.

honorable mention to halo 2. some of my fondest memories of gaming came from that game. went to the midnight launch for it and everyone i went to school with at the time was talking about it the next day at school. even had a few people bring their xbox to class and the teacher let us play for a bit. that game solidified my love for the halo series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Skyrim was so zzzzzz
    not to be "that guy" but i agree. maybe it was just because i tried to play it after sinking so many hours into oblivion AND fallout 3 lol. i played both of those games for a good 200 hours each easy. multiple playthroughs of fallout 3 and did every side quest in oblivion. by the time skyrim came out i was just kinda sick of the formula lol. still liked it though.

GTA V it was such an amazing experience! Everything lived up to my expectationts except for the multiplayer

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 2
    Mindless...

Skyrim, bfbc2, bf3, Space engineers and GTA V(except custom heists)

Deleted
    World of Warcraft is the last one I remember being truly hyped for and delivering beyond what I could fathom.

Obviously skyrim is the first that comes in mind, however there have been a few that was more dissapointing then joy. Like Fable series. The first being amazing, but the sequals were not that much more/better.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    not to be "that guy" but i agree. maybe it was just because i tried to play it after sinking so many hours into oblivion AND fallout 3 lol. i played both of those games for a good 200 hours each easy. multiple playthroughs of fallout 3 and did every side quest in oblivion. by the time skyrim came out i was just kinda sick of the formula lol. still liked it though.
    Skyrim is a good game but its very shallow in its gameplay. I cant lie though I still sunk 100 hours into it. I don't know how people end up putting in 800 hours if they aren't modders.

WOTLK

/10chars
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Skyrim is a good game but its very shallow in its gameplay. I cant lie though I still sunk 100 hours into it. I don't know how people end up putting in 800 hours if they aren't modders.
    Just wanted to add by shallow I mean its easy on its hardest difficulty and compared to games like Dark Souls it has very weak melee combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    GTA 5!

I've finished and played all GTA's for hours and hours, but GTA 4 was the only one that never got me hooked. So a tad disapointed (never played more than 5 hours of GTA 4) I really got excited when they started showing little bits and pieces of GTA V. And boy did it deliver! I'm also thrilled for the PC release and without a doubt I'll be buying it, enjoying it and finishing it all over once more
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    We all have games that we purchased that did live up to the hype and we love those games!
    What are some of the best games that lived up to their hype!

I heard the Mass Effect series was a great one, one of the best. I fell in love with the series.

____
    Thread about the opposite
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nt-s-in-gaming

I think my favorite games (Ocarina of Time, Tales of Symhonia, Banjo Kazooie, Pokemon) are the ones that I played without knowing anything about them. No hype, no expectations. Just played them and enjoyed every second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    GTA 5!

I've finished and played all GTA's for hours and hours, but GTA 4 was the only one that never got me hooked. So a tad disapointed (never played more than 5 hours of GTA 4) I really got excited when they started showing little bits and pieces of GTA V. And boy did it deliver! I'm also thrilled for the PC release and without a doubt I'll be buying it, enjoying it and finishing it all over once more
    I can remember how me and my brother viewed and discussed ever teaser picture/trailer that rockstar released and we both were so hyped. I can still remember how depressed we where when the game got delayed (first to Spring 2013 and then to September 2013). It totally delivered and the hype we build was worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for on gta! Could get it for PS3 I guess.