Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Theres no real feud tbh, it's just banter these days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How about "thanks love!"?

oh yeah that's relatively annoying, don't hear that one much though. round here i get "Cheers darling" a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Thats what they want you to think, they are building catapults as we speak to bombard your towns.

Deleted
    They just want us to think that, then there gonna steal our good looking women folk.

Deleted
    mate, pal, bud, my name, various other words
    I always thought "bud" was pretty american too.

I say dude quite a bit, though rarely like "hey dude hows it going" (though I do do that occasionally) it's usually more to talk about a group of people like, "I was playing xcom and all my dudes died to this one grenade". Rarely say bro

But then, since you're from yorkshire and you say things like "t' " as an actual word "Let's go t' pub" your opinion means nothing Also "THA"

WHAT EVEN
    WHY
    THA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How about "thanks love!"?
    I've met a few very strange people who don't like being called "love" or "duck", most people just take it for what it is, a term of endearment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    oh yeah that's relatively annoying, don't hear that one much though. round here i get "Cheers darling" a lot.
    its usually a generation thing too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

I say dude quite a bit, though rarely like "hey dude hows it going" (though I do do that occasionally) it's usually more to talk about a group of people like, "I was playing xcom and all my dudes died to this one grenade". Rarely say bro

But then, since you're from yorkshire and you say things like "t' " as an actual word "Let's go t' pub" your opinion means nothing Also "THA"

WHAT EVEN
    WHY
    THA?
    You don't pronounce the 't.

Deleted
    Indian guy at work always says "thank you darling " to me, he even winks at the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    As an Irishman I can say just about any greeting/ejaculation and get away with it.

"Thanks love"-Me
    "That's a little sexist"-Receptionist
    "Era sure jaysus it's just how we talk in Eire"-Me
    "Oh! What else do you say?"-Receptionist.

God I love my get out of anything card, +20 charisma and roll multipliers.

Deleted

WHAT EVEN
    WHY
    THA?
    T isnt a word lol, it's just our accent regarding to also WTF is THA

10+ Year Old Account
    "Don't call me bro, dude" heuhueuhe

Sorry, bro.

It is just one of those things people say to either try to sound cool or tough... that include americans

So most likely you are hanging out in the wrong areas.

I recommend going somewhere more refined and you won't have to put up with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I've met a few very strange people who don't like being called "love" or "duck", most people just take it for what it is, a term of endearment.
    I flipped the fuck out on a guy who is near my work every day trying to sell the big issue. he's been there for a couple of years in the same spot more or less every single day. And every time people walk past him, to the guys who say no, he's like "No worries mate" or "no worries son" and to the women he's like "No worries love" or "no worries darlin'" and one time I was having a really shitty day and was sick of it so I just tore into him and was like "DONT YOU DARE CALL ME DARLING OR LOVE EVER AGAIN, YOU DON'T KNOW ME" and he didn't for a while, but then I changed the hat I wear to work and he started it again. Most have only recognised me as the crazy person in the rainbow hat.

Deleted
    I flipped the fuck out on a guy who is near my work every day trying to sell the big issue. he's been there for a couple of years in the same spot more or less every single day. And every time people walk past him, to the guys who say no, he's like "No worries mate" or "no worries son" and to the women he's like "No worries love" or "no worries darlin'" and one time I was having a really shitty day and was sick of it so I just tore into him and was like "DONT YOU DARE CALL ME DARLING OR LOVE EVER AGAIN, YOU DON'T KNOW ME" and he didn't for a while, but then I changed the hat I wear to work and he started it again. Most have only recognised me as the crazy person in the rainbow hat.
    Seems like a good way to get known as the crazy person in the rainbow hat at least, could have been a worse way of getting the reputation.

Deleted
    T isnt a word lol, it's just our accent regarding to also WTF is THA
    Untill you start pronouncing the rest of the word, T' is a word. I killed myself laughing when I first met up with the girl I'm seeing at the moment, she's from yorkshire and like... says it all the time. It never stops being funny.

And "Tha" is apparently like "thou" but prounced Tha. Or something. It pisses me off every time I hear it outside of like... Kes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    It is just one of those things people say to either try to sound cool or tough... that include americans

So most likely you are hanging out in the wrong areas.

I recommend going somewhere more refined and you won't have to put up with it.
    Not even remotely true, it's a generational thing. Go to any high end restaurants, theatres, society events, that are run by <30's and the word dude will abound.

Language snobbery is more detrimental than text speak.

Deleted
    You probably encouraged him to say it more, I know I would lol

isnt it coming in the UK to say buddy, pal, mate, gangsta, g, my nizzle, etc?

i really dont hear dude all that often, or bro for that matter

Deleted
    why would we use dude and bro when we have mate?