Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Steelseries siberia v2

For anyone thinking of buying these popular gaming headsets whose wallet isnt packed with money, DONT.

They have a very high failure rate due to bad wiring(you will find out of you poke around on google for a while)

I bought my first pair a year ago, and after four months one of the speakers went dead. I was like eyah ok, i prob misused them and i bought a new pair. Shortly after that my gf bought one also as she liked the sound quality (wich honestly is quite good).

A month after getting them my mic and left speaker went out again, and i switched over to my gf's as i at the time didnt have money to waste on another headset. She hasnt been using hers much, and again after a month the right speaker went out.

Just before it did i had gotten a new one and it has lasted to this day(about 5 months) and now the left speaker has gone out again.

There is most likely people who will come and say that i treat them roughly, or that i've been unlucky, This is however not the truth. Before getting my first pair i had a random bought pair of no real known source that lasted 4 years of my life and was only switched out due to not having a mic and that i wanted a gamer headset.

So once again, if you are after a new headset, and you want one that can last a good while if you treat it ok, then DO NOT get the Steelseries siberia or you will find yourself in my situation cursing at myself for not listening to other people telling me this.

/rant

15+ Year Old Account
    Mine work perfectly, bought these maybe 2 years ago. They feel a bit fragile and 'plasticy' so you need to handle them with care. You had either bad luck or mishandled them.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    For anyone thinking of buying these popular gaming headsets whose wallet isnt packed with money, DONT.

They have a very high failure rate due to bad wiring(you will find out of you poke around on google for a while)
    I never understood buying peripherals from a company not known for them. You want something that will last go with names that are known for what they make. I still have my logitech G15 and my Logitech MX518. I have a cheap pair of Logitech headphones I bought at Radio Shack going on 7 years now. I think they were 15 bucks.

Deleted
    I had one of these for a while. Worked great for years and years actually, which is more than I can say for the well-over-£100 razer headset I bought which gave up after a year or so (similar to most other razer products, it seems, except for the keyboards which seem okay) but over time they started to smell really funky. I'm not sure if it's because I kept wearing them with wet hair or something, but they got really gross. As soon as I noticed they started getting a bit gross, I started cleaning them regularly with everything from just wet cloths to disinfectant to bleach... you name it, I poured it on them. It got to the point where I didn't want to wear them anymore if they didn't stop smelling really bad so wasn't even caring about liquid getting into them and breaking them so long as I could get the smell out. I tried covering everything in tape (MAYBE THE SMELL WON'T GET THROUGH THE TAPE) but no matter what, couldn't get rid of that skanky leather and wet dog smell.

In the end, I had to stop using them because they were so gross. They still work, but I've put them in the cupboard designated "Chamber of Eldritch horrors" along with my bills and bank statements and other things I NEVER WANT TO LOOK AT EVER AGAIN.

I really really miss them. I'm having to use speakers (the same speakers that we had on the very first computer I remember having, back when windows 95 was current) and they're a bit broken, I've had to take them apart and re wire bits and tape bits down and all sorts to keep them going. The sound is okay, and I live alone so speakers not such a big deal, but I would kill for some half decent headphones with a microphone again. hell, even without a microphone would be cool. Alas, good ones are all hella expensive : (

xx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I never understood buying peripherals from a company not known for them. You want something that will last go with names that are known for what they make. I still have my logitech G15 and my Logitech MX518. I have a cheap pair of Logitech headphones I bought at Radio Shack going on 7 years now. I think they were 15 bucks.
    Steelseries generally make very good peripherals.

I'd instead go for something tht actually sounds nice, ie none of overpriced "gaming" headsets.
    Superlux HD681Evo/HD681 for instance, if you care for price or something out of AKG or Sennheiser if you can handle bigger price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I'd instead go for something tht actually sounds nice, ie none of overpriced "gaming" headsets.
    Superlux HD681Evo/HD681 for instance, if you care for price or something out of AKG or Sennheiser if you can handle bigger price.
    To be fair, there are a lot of "non gaming" headsets that are equally overpriced because they come with the same branding thing as the "gamer brands" like steelseries or razer. Sennheiser is just as expensive because it's trendy for audiophiles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Mine work perfectly, bought these maybe 2 years ago. They feel a bit fragile and 'plasticy' so you need to handle them with care. You had either bad luck or mishandled them.
    Its like you didnt even read my entire post before making this comment :P
    I allready stated that some peoples headset works fine, and that i DO take very good care of my headsets.

I really do.

As i said its a fault in the wiring causing a large amount of the steelseries to suddenly stop working on one of the speakers. if you google it you can find the cause more accurately then i can explain.

its not caused by overuse or misshandeling, but by a fault in the system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    In Denmark they are known for their headsets and pusepads. Not sure what they are known for in other places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I cant seem to find the mic in these?

Anyway i'm very open to suggestion as for new headsets as obviously need one. I would prefer to stay low budget as i am getting kind tired throwing money at this

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    ATH-M50x's or bust.

I cant seem to find the mic in these?

Anyway i'm very open to suggestion as for new headsets as obviously need one. I would prefer to stay low budget as i am getting kind tired throwing money at this
    I can't think of a single good pair of cans that comes with a mic. They make some that stick on the side of any of them, and they also make some pretty good clip-on mics these days. Otherwise, it's just desk mic.
    Last edited by Annoying; 2014-08-05 at 07:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its like you didnt even read my entire post before making this comment :P
    I allready stated that some peoples headset works fine, and that i DO take very good care of my headsets.

I really do.

As i said its a fault in the wiring causing a large amount of the steelseries to suddenly stop working on one of the speakers. if you google it you can find the cause more accurately then i can explain.

its not caused by overuse or misshandeling, but by a fault in the system
    I did read your entire post and I did notice you mention that you take good care of your headsets. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you actually do take good care of them or you didn't mishandle them.

Secondly, all products have some kind of type faults and headphones generally have issues with wiring/losing sound. So these headphones might not be any more probable to break down than any other headphones. Or do you have some evidence that Siberia v2's break down significantly more often than other headphones, especially in the same price range?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Steelseries quality went downhill in recent years. I was all over their hardware, owned a complete set by them like keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headphones, but now I moved to logitech and I am happy about it.
    g930 is better than any headset I've ever used.

Deleted
    Lol, what? I've had mine for 2 years and nothing to complain about at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    ATH-M50x's or bust.

I can't think of a single good pair of cans that comes with a mic. They make some that stick on the side of any of them, and they also make some pretty good clip-on mics these days. Otherwise, it's just desk mic.

Well a deck mic is kinda out of the question tbh. It kinda has to be built in to work for me. So i guess i'm going for the best/cheapest i can find in this category.

@Puupi

Its fine you feel that you dont believe me and that you dont want to google it. If you really dont WANT to see it, you wont see it. Thats just the way things are.
    There is no point argueing with blind faith

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Steelseries quality went downhill in recent years. I was all over their hardware, owned a complete set by them like keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headphones, but now I moved to logitech and I am happy about it.
    g930 is better than any headset I've ever used.
    I was afraid it was something like this tbh. It doesnt really matter tho. It is what it is. I'm just sitting behind feeling like i got screwed over pretty badly

10+ Year Old Account
    Typing this comment while wearing my 1 year old siberia v2 that I got for 30 euros

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Lol, what? I've had mine for 2 years and nothing to complain about at all.
    Gz

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    Typing this comment while wearing my 1 year old siberia v2 that I got for 30 euros
    Typing this while wearing my 5 months old that doesnt have sound in its left ear

15+ Year Old Account
    @Puupi

Its fine you feel that you dont believe me and that you dont want to google it. If you really dont WANT to see it, you wont see it. Thats just the way things are.
    There is no point argueing with blind faith
    Blind faith?

I'm not the one who created this thread. Just because your and your girlfriends headsets broke, it doesn't mean all Siberia v2's are shit and nobody should buy them.

If you think there is something to prove, prove it.

I don't believe there is anything special in Siberia v2's in comparison to other same price range headphones. Headphones break down, it happens.

The burden of proof is on your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 pairs of them, both a couple years old one that travels in my laptop bag all the time and ive never had an issue. That being said at home i use my seinheiser 360s because they are far superior to me (and far more expensive).

Deleted
    I don't think I've ever had a headset last more than 2 years... And that's headsets from Razer, SteelSeries, Sennheiser, Speedlink etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if they engineered them to fail or have an expected lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please stop fighting? Just because your personal pair did or didn't wear out doesn't mean that someone else's experience is invalid. Maybe they had bad luck. Maybe you had good luck. This is a really trivial thing to bicker about.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Blind faith?

I'm not the one who created this thread. Just because your and your girlfriends headsets broke, it doesn't mean all Siberia v2's are shit and nobody should buy them.

If you think there is something to prove, prove it.

I don't believe there is anything special in Siberia v2's in comparison to other same price range headphones. Headphones break down, it happens.

The burden of proof is on your side.
    First. Its not two, but four headsets.

2nd its allready been proven if you google it you can find it. I dont care if you believe it so i wont spend time purusading you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Can we please stop fighting? Just because your personal pair did or didn't wear out doesn't mean that someone else's experience is invalid. Maybe they had bad luck. Maybe you had good luck. This is a really trivial thing to bicker about.
    That was my point, thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    First. Its not two, but four headsets.

2nd its allready been proven if you google it you can find it. I dont care if you believe it so i wont spend time purusading you.
    Well without proof provided, this whole thread of yours is just a smear ad campaign against the company and product. Which, I would assume, is against the forum rules.