Thinking about returning

Hi all. I recently started playing Hearthstone and it has made me all nostalgic. I'm thinking about trying to activate my old account and I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions. I started playing just after release, left for a while, briefly came back after the first expansion and haven't played since. Last time I played hunters still used mana.

I know there's been tons of changes but how much are we talking about it? Will it be too overwhelming?

Anything I absolutely need to know?

Also, do I need to buy each expansion separately? Is there a trial for returning players?

Is whisperwind still an active server?

And most importantly is it worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a gamer, nothing is to overwhelming just start again from lvl 1 and just slowly get into it, before you reach 90 wod will be out and you will swap right through the new expansion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

1) It's a game dude. Of course its changed a lot. Overwhelming? No.

2) Yes, its a game

3) They sell battlechests afaik with all but MoP in, (I may have this wrong)

4) Dunno - take the opportunity to research and start again?

5) Only you know what makes it worth it for you

Wait till WoD. No point to get back right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconigenadenuo View Post
    Hi all. I recently started playing Hearthstone and it has made me all nostalgic. I'm thinking about trying to activate my old account and I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions. I started playing just after release, left for a while, briefly came back after the first expansion and haven't played since. Last time I played hunters still used mana.
    I know there's been tons of changes but how much are we talking about it? Will it be too overwhelming?
    No. Not if you start from scratch. You'll get the hang of it. Blizzard made sure of it

Anything I absolutely need to know?
    Nope, not really. Go and create an account and go for it. My suggestion is that you start from scratch. A new, garantueed active server, new character, maybe even a new class.

Also, do I need to buy each expansion separately? Is there a trial for returning players?
    There are some special offers, but I do not know if you qualify for any. Try posting on blizzard's forums or buy a new key.

Is whisperwind still an active server?
    Don't know. I suggest you start over on another, active server.

And most importantly is it worth it?
    Depends on your goals. What do you wish to accomplish / enjoy?