Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am always dark/evil chars in games that let you ever since playing Kotor.

Deleted
    I played WC3 so it was obvious I had to try a death knight.
    Then I saw the phenomenal starting zone and questline.
    Then I got to ICC and started tanking as DW frost.

I think I'll keep playing some death knight no matter how much will Celestalon, Bashiok and other basement dwellers nerf it in hopes of relieving their permanent butthurt.

Deleted
    I like the armor style, the playstyle and the fact that they can dual-wield.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just assumed that people who play dark/evil characters are future serial killers :/ It's one of those psychological profile thingies.

Me: "What do you play?"
    Bob: "Death Knights and Warlocks."
    Me: "Sue...call the cops."

15+ Year Old Account
    DK was in fact the last class i lvled to 85, didt like em in wotl, got him to 85 and DW frost was not that bad and i had mats to craft 2 epic 1h axes "hmm, i might waste lots of gold just to test it out, meh fuck it" And i never looked back, DK went from random alt to my main, and still is.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Their runic system was unique at first glance. The abilities they had were unlike anything else. I remember when you used to be able to resurrect a dead player and they would come back as a ghoul with ghoul abilities.

Customizable runes - could choose how many blood, frost or death runes you wanted.
    Chromatic runes!
    Two different resources, RP and runes. (completely unheard of!)
    Three diseases.
    Both tank and DPS in all three talent trees.
    Runeforges seemed cool.
    Hysteria was damn cool.
    Tanking without a shield? Get outa here!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've been enamored with death knights since I first played as Arthas back in WC3. I will never, ever main another class.
    Americans will NEVER, EVER have free health care.

(ok you know it's just a joke right....)

I started of as a Warlock a little bit before the Ulduar patch came out, and struggled a lot being a noob. Me and a friend both wanted to try Death Knight after seeing them in action, and they both looked/seemed really cool thematically as well. When I finally got my Lock to 55 and rolled DK it was awesome. Blood leveling was fun as hell and I finally got a character to max level. I still didn't figure out what to do with it since by then Ruby Sanctum was almost released. I started raiding in Cata though as mostly Frost, switching between 2H and DW, sometimes even going Unholy or tanking. I just still love the relative uniqueness of the classes mechanics and flavor. I enjoy the story element of a redeemed villain/anti-hero a lot too.

Going through multiple re sub's and only leveling anything ever to 20, then getting a rogue to 33 and then starting a pally on a trial account going hey this is fun, to doing it on my main account and then get absolutely wrekt by this 60 dk, i was like wow, researched it, saw some vids, fell in love! got my pally to 55 asap (as prot too >.>, took forever) i literally had no idea what i was doing but i managed to be able to grasp dk's instantly. I started out leveling frost but as a tank, primarily tanking everything, i hit 80 around the start of Uld and then i got actually geared and recruited by a fairly good guild at the time just before Ony/ToC. Always been a superb at tanking, then when blood came in as tank, lol shit was amazingly easier.
    The dps side though.... oh man, i think i had recount and had people doing like 18-20k by ToC Heroic, me doing 2k in my offspec UH, i had no idea what i was doing, so i researched, got help from the best geared dk on server and instantly boosted my dps to like above par, (amazing dps in my head), i challenged some high geared dk in ToC Valks and me being i think a whole chunk of gearscore (yeah GS was mandatory) below him, almost doubled his dps. Come cata i learned more about dps and i still havent changed classes. I have my alts but they're never as fun or as interesting as DK's are.

Deleted
    Coil, Nova, Carrion! (Wc3).

Deleted
    Arthas made me do it... Coolest character in lore

Resource System, Plate, Melee Class that uses magic. Uh.... insane self heals/solo ability.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

playstyle was identical to tankrogue after tankrogue got deleted with 3.0 and avoidance DR

15+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to check it out, liked it. Not my main. Maybe for WoD.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the flexibility DK's had with Wotlk Talents. Oh Unholy with Bone Shield, I miss you.

Deleted
    I got to admit I really disliked resource system for a very very long time. A couple of years in fact. It changed midway through SoO. I started liking it

Deleted
    I have 4 level 90 Death Knights, yet I haven't played any of them anymore after hitting 90.

I used to make them just for the "starter area" experience and then just randomly played them untill I hit the level cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I have 4 level 90 Death Knights, yet I haven't played any of them anymore after hitting 90.

I used to make them just for the "starter area" experience and then just randomly played them untill I hit the level cap.
    Ah glad im not the only crazy person arround.

Was about to start my 4th DK .. just want to play it to learn the skills again :P
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    In response to "what made me become a DK"

...Looked cool and was bored of only having played a rogue since vanilla.