Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    But would they make more money?
    They would make more money releasing $5 mario, kirby, pokemon, animal crossing games with micro transactions on IOS then they would releasing games on Xbox One, PS4 and PC does that answer your question?

The Wii U is actually pretty cool. I think most people have the Wii taste in their mouth still. Which is a shame. Just this last month I picked up a Wii U and I was not planning on getting a new console for a long time. Just wait for some of the stuff that's coming to hit the console. Plus they could easily release some stuff on the Wii U that isn't even mentioned right now (like a Pokemon game that wasn't just a newer version of Coliseum, but a real game). Something like that would boost their sales a ton.

Deleted
    could they? yes. Will they? no.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    Exclusives are a dying breed.

If you restrict access to a game, people pirate it.
    If they can't pirate it, nobody plays it.

The days of "I'm gonna buy this console just for this game" are LOOOONG gone.
    yeah millions of people "pirated" mario 3d world... like seriously millions.

fire emblem awakening.. top pirated game of 2013.. oh wait.

if millions of people who did buy them and do play them is "nobody" then yeah sure no1 plays them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They would make more money releasing $5 mario, kirby, pokemon, animal crossing games with micro transactions on IOS then they would releasing games on Xbox One, PS4 and PC does that answer your question?
    prove it. Does Call of Duty make more money on ios than it does on consoles? should rockstar make the switch aswell? prove that going third party would boost the sales of those franchises aswell. If its not a certainty then its not "they would make more money".. its "they MIGHT make more money"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    The Wii U is actually pretty cool. I think most people have the Wii taste in their mouth still. Which is a shame. Just this last month I picked up a Wii U and I was not planning on getting a new console for a long time. Just wait for some of the stuff that's coming to hit the console. Plus they could easily release some stuff on the Wii U that isn't even mentioned right now (like a Pokemon game that wasn't just a newer version of Coliseum, but a real game). Something like that would boost their sales a ton.
    the-name-wii-u-is-abysmal-former-nintendo-indie-boss-says biggest problem right there. name and marketing. games coming will help sales.. as soon as they break even... drop the console.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2014-08-06 at 09:27 PM.

No, It's a fact they would make more money offering bare bones games for $5 on an app store with all their real features behind pay walls.

Knows why? because kids and fanboys will fan boy. Cheaper development costs + making at bare minimum the same revenue for the games = making more money.You do realize the mobile market has surpassed home consoles in revenue right?

Comparing it to CoD is laughable, a full fledged CoD game couldn't work right on a touch screen most nintendo games control simple enough to work just fine.

This is not saying what they "should do" as it would be a crappy business practice but if you think a Pokemon game on IOS with microtransactions wouldn't earn more then 3ds games you should pass the crack pipe.

Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-d...-its-got-bank/

They could take a $250,000,000.00 loss every year until 2075 and still break even.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Could they? Yes. Will/should they? No.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-d...-its-got-bank/

They could take a $250,000,000.00 loss every year until 2075 and still break even.
    Umm they have went from like 10 billion in reserves to 7 billion in the span of 2 years. You do the math on how long that will last if they kept up that pace, hint: no where near 2075.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wii U is growing, IDK where your information is from. They were up to 6.68 Million units sold as of the end of June, and Super Smash Bros will bump it again in like October or somewhere around there.
    They started slow, but as always their first party titles carry their console sales. Unfortunately they didn't bring them out as early after console release as they should have, which caused so many problems. With around 2.7 million consoles sold over the past year, they are going to have more third party studios developing for the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    If Nintendo ever went out of business, I would fly to Japan and join the funeral service of a great company that brought joy to millions of people all over the world.
    This. 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I mean, the Wii U is flopping. Could it cause them to go software only?

Speaking of which, do you think they'd make more money as a software only company?
    Nintendo has done openly said that they will shutdown before any of there titles go to another platform.

Nintendo will go full handheld before going 3rd party. I would rather Nintendo shutdown then to see any of there games go to any other platform personally.

While there is a million zelda's and marios each one brings something new to the table. There is a LOT of games that just repeat the same setup each year and this will happen to Nintendos titles if someone else owns them.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm they have went from like 10 billion in reserves to 7 billion in the span of 2 years. You do the math on how long that will last if they kept up that pace, hint: no where near 2075.
    Please provide proof they only have 10 billion and are down to 7 in 2 years.

Once again like someone else posted and you ignored http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-d...-its-got-bank/
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Once again like someone else posted and you ignored http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-d...-its-got-bank/
    Yes, because your 2 year old article is relevent to this discusion.

Nintendo had about $8.6 billion of cash and equivalents and zero debt as of Sept. 30.
    Nintendo Co. (7974) will spend as much as 125 billion yen ($1.2 billion) buying back shares
    8.6 - 1.2 = 7.4.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-wii-u-flops-1

Nintendo had 10.5 million in the bank in 2012: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/13...n-in-the-bank/

They lost 3.1 billion in 2 years and this guy is talking about only losing 250 million a year? LOL.

Anything else you want a link to before you pull up another 2 year article and act like it's relevant?

I find it hilarious that when these threads pop up, people go "Yes, I would actually play my Xbox/PS if there was Nintendo games"

...Then uh....where's the real issue? Nintendo having their own console, or MS/Sony not putting out games that make you want to turn on your system?

Also any one of the three companies could go third party, it's getting tiresome seeing these threads pop up over and over again.

8.6 - 1.2 = 7.4.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-wii-u-flops-1

Nintendo had 10.5 million in the bank in 2012: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/13...n-in-the-bank/

They lost 3.1 billion in 2 years and this guy is talking about only losing 250 million a year? LOL.

Anything else you want a link to before you pull up another 2 year article and act like it's relevant?
    To be fair, your article is before the Wii U started recovering with MK8.

Although I get what you mean.

Ok first off that was said before MK8 raised the Wii-U sells by 500%.

Second here is the part you need to pay attion to in your own link
    Nintendo Co. (7974) will spend as much as 125 billion yen ($1.2 billion) buying back shares after Christmas shoppers shunned its Wii U console and games featuring Mario and Zelda
    It isn't like this is happening every month for them. It was a stock buy back that cost them 1.2 billion and it won't keep flowing that way.

Its a one time huge spend they had to do and now have to come back from. With the raise in both MK8 and Wii-U sells it won't take them long to make that money back.

The 3DS is still selling like crazy as well and like I said before they will go full handheld before going 3rd party. Nintendo has done said many times if they was to shutdown there titles go with them.

At most Sony would own all the Nintendo IP since they are also a japanese company. There is no way they would let Microsoft have any of there IP's.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-07 at 12:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

^Why are you strawmanning me into a 3rd party argument? I was one of the first in this thread to say Nintendo, shouldn't go 3rd party. All I am doing is stating facts and pointing out some bs that was posted.

It's true those numbers are before Mario Kart 8 launched. 500k console sales and 2.8 million game sales aren't making a dent in a 3.1 billion loss. It well help in the long run hopefully, but it's not coming anywhere close to making that back yet.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-08-06 at 11:57 PM.

I don't think the Wii U is as big a flop as everyone thinks, apparently it's selling okay. Nowhere near the runaway success of the Wii though, and personally I think Nintendo made several missteps with it. Hope the next console is better thought out.

But I doubt they'll go software just on this. It took SEGA like three back to back console flops to pull out of the market!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Could they? Yes
    Would they? No
    Should they? No
    Exactly what I was going to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's true those numbers are before Mario Kart 8 launched. 500k console sales and 2.8 million game sales aren't making a dent in a 3.1 billion loss. It well help in the long run hopefully, but it's not coming anywhere close to making that back yet.
    It just shows that it's not all "Doom and gloom" like people are saying, it just takes the right games and the system will take off again. Nintendo's never really sold on 3rd party games at the start, it's more of just a perk of their systems when they're there. Like the 3DS, I doubt a majority of the sales came from people wanting to play the Resident Evil game.

^Why are you strawmanning me into a 3rd party argument? I was one of the first in this thread to say Nintendo, shouldn't go 3rd party. All I am doing is stating facts and pointing out some bs that was posted.

Not trying to strawman u into a 3rd party arguement. I was just saying that over all and it wasn't really at you.

What was at you is that huge loss was due to them having to buy there stock back and thats something they don't have to do everyday. It will take awhile to make it back but it will take a lot longer before they go bankrupt or have to go 3rd party.

The Wii-U is finally picking up steam so they should be fine. Release games for a system and it will sell....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo? third party? That would be... odd. Their games are awesome, they can survive without going 3rd party. And the Wii U isn't "flopping". Mario Kart 8 gave it strenght, and SSB For Wii U will lift the system. Damn, with a Wii U and a PC, a gamer is very well-served: The games that aren't in one, are on another (mostly).

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people seem to forget about the handheld market when talking about the Wii U's success, Nintendo has another console that is selling like hotcakes you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    So many people seem to forget about the handheld market when talking about the Wii U's success, Nintendo has another console that is selling like hotcakes you know.
    Yep thats why I said they will go full handheld before going 3rd party.