Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    40 Man raids were pretty much at the same difficulty as LFR.
    I'm sure you lol clicked your way through BWL and Naxx 40.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ofc they will now say, it is a cheap attempt to boost subs again ^^
    It is, if it is a limited time only event. The technology to scale down players for old content seems to be in place as we found out in the past, there seems to be no reason why they wouldn't just let us do every old raid whenever we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Notice how they say MAX LEVEL, instead of 90.

Alright, I am seeing things lol
    No they are deliberately being careful with this to not give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    40 Man raids were pretty much at the same difficulty as LFR.
    Umm no...just no.

There were hard bosses in Vanilla, Naxx 40 had a lot, but a lot of the earlier raids were harder more because players were worse, had less tools to deal with things, less mods, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Umm no...just no.
    Oh yes... just yes. Tank and spank with very little tactics needed. You could clear everything with 25% or more of the raid being AFK. The only challenges were getting 40 warm bodies online at the same time every week and the preparation (farming gear, potions, flasks).

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Oh yes... just yes. Tank and spank with very little tactics needed. You could clear everything with 25% or more of the raid being AFK. The only challenges were getting 40 warm bodies online at the same time every week and the preparation (farming gear, potions, flasks).
    Lol, and please tell me which raids you did. I know you are going to lie and say you have done them all, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. And please note I am not trying to defend MC here (that was the first one btw).

You see in Vanilla, progression wasn't defined as somebody clicking a button and doing the exact same fight again but with bigger numbers. We actually got new content as progression...GASP, I know, so crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    If you told me that when my guild was working on Razorgore you would've been blacklisted from ever joining a raid on the server.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    one good deed doesnt cancel out all the bad ones.

they made MULTIPLE mounts for the cash shop during siege of orgrimmar, the longest fucking raid in history (soon). rather than make new content for the people bored as hell. that is inexcusable.
    If they had made content, people would have complained about not enough focus on WoD.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

i KNEW it!! i told you guys, that the core hound mount will be 10th anniversary reward =]]
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    So I gather from remarks here ...that the Old MC will remain? I hope so some of nice transmog gear in there. What about Hydraxian Waterlord rep...will that be given in the New MC or not?...anyone know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Tier3 was like LFR-gear, everyone had it because it was all so easy and tank-n-spank.
    No. MC however definitely wasn't harder than current LFR raids are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    No. MC however definitely wasn't harder than current LFR raids are.
    When we first hit MC we wiped... we wiped a lot. By the end of vanilla we did MC so new guildies could get tier 2 legs and made money carrying others to get T1. I assume you did MC during those latter times.

Deleted
    Even with that I've to disagree. The mechanics in MC were a lot more brutal and punishing than anything in LFR.
    Which boss exactly had brutal and punishing mechanics as a - let's say - ranged DD? Even stuff like Geddon's bomb was completely trivial in hindsight and mostly difficult to handle because so many people were too bad to run out of the raid.
    It simply was a completely different kind of difficulty/it was difficult for completely different reasons than current raids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumd4baTXn0

Which boss exactly had brutal and punishing mechanics as a - let's say - ranged DD? Even stuff like Geddon's bomb was completely trivial in hindsight and mostly difficult to handle because so many people were too bad to run out of the raid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumd4baTXn0
    Sorry, you cant look at a 2005 raid now and comment on its simplicity, you have to apply the difficulty and culture of the game at the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dools View Post
    Sorry, you cant look at a 2005 raid now and comment on its simplicity, you have to apply the difficulty and culture of the game at the time.
    True. But if they do not change the boss mechanics for the revamped MC and just increase the numbers, it definitely should be an absolute cakewalk even for LFR groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with that I've to disagree. The mechanics in MC were a lot more brutal and punishing than anything in LFR.
    oh lordy........ The only real challenge there ever was, was an hardware issue.
    10 yrs ago home computers simply weren't as powerful as they are today, and they were significantly more expensive in comparison.
    With that said, the real issues with MC and in parts with AQ too were

1. Getting 40 ppl together to actually have a raid.
    (that one is true for most players, since only few guilds actually had the size to muster 40 people for a guild only raid)

2. Overcome the challenge of lagging like crazy, because the hardware couldn't simply handle the amount of information anymore.

All that said..... Am I excited about the anniversary events? Not really... Both aren't my cup of tea. But I see what Blizzard did there.
    Relive the challenge lol. In 40 man once again some people's pc's will go down to their knees.
    And in a 100 vs 100 pvp battle, it's going to be an even more epic hardware battle.
    Now if their sense of humor reaches epic proportions, they should build in enough bugs and what not, that locks your screen up, disconnects you, and all the juicy 9 yards, so people can truly relive the beauty of classic/vanilla WoW.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dools View Post
    That's true too... The whole "endgame is everything" mentality, and the status of raiding changed over the years.
    It wasn't nearly there, to what it is today. The game outside of dungeons had a higher importance back then.

Today, people seriously ask, why one plays WoW if they don't raid or PVP.... That's a fact, a sad one at that.

True. But if they do not change the boss mechanics for the revamped MC and just increase the numbers, it definitely should be an absolute cakewalk even for LFR groups.
    Ah OK, I agree with that statement. My issue is more people saying 40m at the time were easy. MC and Ony were a joke at the end, but its important to point out the guilds that they were a joke for were in T2/2.5/3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, what the fuck are you talking about? I never ever heard anyone complain about raids lagging back then. You could easily join 40m raids on a toaster back then. And even the worst realms had dozens upon dozens of 40m raidguilds back then too.
    Keep dreaming....
    A simple look at today will tell you how skewed your memory is.
    Vanilla WoW had less subs than the game has today.
    With lesser people, there's less of a pool of available players.
    The worst realms back then had as much of a challenge to get a 40 man raid guild together, than they are having today to get a 25 man group together.
    Raiding even has a much higher status today, than it had back then. Back at the start of the game, raids were something for the total nerds. A very small minority raided.
    Dozens upon dozens...... I really wonder what game you've been playing lol
    And the hardware component can hardly be ignored at all. That's an outright fact. That's technology progress.

Loved that. "Herding epileptic kittens"