Alienware Aurora R3

I am trying to find a computer I can run wow on ultra settings as I sold my last one because I am a retard. I am not very comp savy so will need help translating these numbers. Would the specs below be sufficient in running games wow,bf4 Starcraft on max settings. Thanks for all help and advice

Hard drive 2TB (dual 1tb HDD for SSD performance)
    ^no clue what HDD or SSD is

Processor 3.4 GHz Turbo i7-2600k
    ^no sure what turbo i7-2600k is

Ram 18GB DDR3

Nvidia GeForce GTZ 460
    ^isnt this just mediocre

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy an Alienware.

I really advise you to build your own. If you need help, one of us will be happy to point you to the resources you need.

If you're insistent on not building your own, there are sites such as iBuyPower and CyberPowerPC (or European equivalents.) which provide computer building services for a price.

Either way, it's better than Alienware.

What is wrong with an Alienware? Not experienced with the brand
    I could bum my way through building a computer. But I would screw something up at some point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    What is wrong with an Alienware? Not experienced with the brand
    I could bum my way through building a computer. But I would screw something up at some point
    Alienware has terrible support, gimps any upgrades you can do in the future, are generally made with inferior parts (RAM, HDD, etc. Things people don't look at for brands are all made from shit.) and look gaudy.

Build your own computer. You won't screw anything up. There's little to screw up. I promise.

To build my own for high performance what should I be looking for? I know the website newegg. But what is popular these days? I know there are TONS of options. I am unfamiliar with the specs to make a comp 1) won't be outdated in a couple years 2) run anything I want at what I want. If that make sense

and.. Alienware is owned now by Dell so.. dude your "really" getting a Dell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Don't buy an Alienware.
    I like Alienware. My last two computers were Alienware. Some of us don't want the hassle of building one of their own.

And we can afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I like Alienware. My last two computers were Alienware. Some of us don't want the hassle of building one of their own.

And we can afford it.
    No, you're not welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post

And we can afford it.
    With good but not excellent wire management I can build a machine in 20 minutes or so including a good CPU heatsink or closed loop (H110i) etc. Even if your not to experienced it should take no more than I'd say 2 hours if your being very cautious. Granted I build machines daily when I'm not doing business support all day, and loading windows doesn't take much although I love my universal images as it speeds it up so much.

Building your own computer is very rewarding and helps get the best bang for your buck. Honestly even though I've built 100's of computers I never get tired of assembling them as they're big lego's and I well just enjoy it. Seriously do your self a favor and build your own.

To the OP answer the forum questions mocha linked you and we can price something together for you.