Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why blame anyone? Some people own those songs. If you have them in a video, it's a copyright infringement. That's a fact. It's illegal.

People seem to think they're entitled to something here. You're not. Stop breaking the law, use proper music in your videos or make sure there isn't any music in the background. Easy.
    No, they're not really losing anything. I mean if it comes down to it Youtubers should just credit the artist and leave it at that. If artists aren't satisfied, then IMO they're asshats.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If you don't like it speak up. Don't just turn into apathy just lets this stuff happen.
    let what happen? people make videos with copyrighted music? i dont see a problem with it and actually agree... you like the music, pay the artist (although i say the price should be cheaper, being a singer is relatively easy for the money they make)

I guess the age of getting rich by playing video games on the internet has come to an end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Maybe the people making videos could make their own music. Then they can decide what to do with it.
    I'm sure Starcraft 2 streamers all have the talent and time to make a ton of music...

Anyways, it only applies to VODs, which still sucks

Stream nothing but Youtube Playlists for your Twitch Music... throw their own LEGAL music in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I would imagine that it is technically far more difficult to apply this to a live stream compared to a video directly uploaded to their website. Although I could be wrong about that.
    Not really, same thing, continually scanning to find a match, and when the match is found, a message could be sent by Twitch notifying them of copyright infringement, or the stream could just be taken down or muted until the material is stopped/over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Stream nothing but Youtube Playlists for your Twitch Music... throw their own LEGAL music in their face.
    That's what most already do.

Streamers won't be able to play excruciatingly horrible dubstep and death metal over their idiotic streams? What a tragedy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I guess the age of getting rich by playing video games on the internet has come to an end.
    Going to go ahead and guess that the majority of their income comes from live streams rather than people browsing through old videos.

Audio Recognition will only be run against audio in VODs. We are not scanning live broadcasts and there is no automated takedown of live content.

If they did this for live streams, it would totally be RIP! I think it's just child-like to even implement a recognition software to police the user and their 'freedom of press' content. We should all email twitch about this, blow them up, let them know the dire consequences that decisions like this could have. In the age of where information is the newest religion, moves like this only handicap the company even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    let what happen? people make videos with copyrighted music? i dont see a problem with it and actually agree... you like the music, pay the artist (although i say the price should be cheaper, being a singer is relatively easy for the money they make)
    As in give feedback that this ove is shit instead of saying "WELP Time to move"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Automated systems like this suck, but its not the end of the world. Who really uses twitch for Vods anyways?
    i watch replays like bchillz.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive only watched twitch like twice in my whole life and i feel compelled to send them a nasty email about this lol. i cant fucking stand when companies get greedy and slimy like this over copyright or advertisement or whatever.

it feels like a slow but gradual process, the way the internet is slowly being tamed and then covered by adds

watching vods of dota 2 games will have this penalty, and BTS (beyond the summit) and joinDOTA both use spotify/itunes playlists during down time between games.

hell, even the TI dota 2 VODs (which were sponsored by twitch, and valve had licensing rights for) have muted segments.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it is stupid, but Twitch is a livestreaming channel, so VODs are kind of pointless in the firt place. I have a feeling that soon they will just stop hosting VODs on Twitch altogether and just have those VODs hosted on Youtube should the caster decide to post them there. If they decide somewhere down the line to do this to livestreams as they are being broadcast, then they would be costing themselves massive amounts of ad money in lost viewers.
    Basically doing that to VODs is them appeasing the music industry who are so out of touch that they believe they are somehow still relevant, and at the same time reducing the amount of bandwidth required to host those VODs.

10+ Year Old Account
    some people need to realize, until the new system gets the kinks worked out, its going to mute certain games. its a new thing implemented into vods, that doesn't mean it will continue to mute in game music.

United States Copyright has Fair Use guidelines. Something used for educational or as a review can use pieces of copyrighted material. Playing most of or an entire song is still outside that Fair Use guideline.

If someone is looking to pirate music off something, there's always open source or generally free audio mixing software that can record the "Stereo Mix" output. So audio pirating is stupid easy for anyone who doesn't have ADHD.

Other than that, I personally cant stand someone basting some crap band while talking about something in a video. Dead air is preferable to trying to filter out something I would never listen to otherwise while trying to hear what someone's saying.

It's quite entertaining. I am pretty sure once they have the technical means to do it for live broadcasts as well in some capacity they will do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    phew just vods. Scared me there.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

I wonder if the videogame publishers and those in the music industry are trying to force google into licencing agreements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Because people watch VoDs, right? LCS and big tournaments should be fine.

This isn't even a big deal.

If it escalated to LIVE videos, then I'll be concerned.
    https://twitter.com/emitans/status/497152749906456576
    Dota 2 internationals was muted, because it used music belonging to valve. GG.