Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    Why do you guys keep flaunting that the Horde won the vote? Why wouldn't they win the vote? They are the most popular faction by a large margin and have been for the history of the game. Without even factoring in the looks of the mounts in question this contest favored the Horde based on that fact alone. Most population = most potential voters. So please stop acting like this was some fair contest when it was anything but.
    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

Horde 7,133,661 (47.3%)
    Alliance 7,892,448 (52.4%)

The facts disagree with you, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Seriously? You don't even want it, now you are complaining that they are charging too much for it? Shouldn't you just be happy that they are even putting it in the game at all?

I still can't believe people complained enough to Blizzard that they put it in the game. Now instead of being thankful that it's in they aren't happy about the price. The voting should mean something. Not everyone won, why can't people just accept that and be grateful they are putting it in the game at all?
    They used time and money that could have helped push Wod out faster on two bikes. They were only gonna add one to the game which is even stupider. I like this solution more but 100k is unreasonable for a mount with no extra functions. If that bike was a two seater with transmog and vendors, I wouldn't even care but it just a bike....
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-08-08 at 02:27 AM.

I'm pretty certain the 100k price is a placeholder. 100k is extremely cheap. It's cheaper than the 'expensive' mount in MoP (the yak). And they made it sound like it was going to be "hefty" like something we have never seen.

Prices go up each expansion, not down. I was expecting 300-400k. The Yak is roughly 5 times more expensive than the Lich King expensive mount.

Although, I didn't expect people to complain about this....Blizzard could lower the price before the expansion hits if there is enough complaining.

Disclaimer: I am mainly Alliance.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm pretty certain the 100k price is a placeholder. 100k is extremely cheap. It's cheaper than the 'expensive' mount in MoP (the yak). And they made it sound like it was going to be "hefty" like something we have never seen.

Prices go up each expansion, not down. I was expecting 300-400k. The Yak is roughly 5 times more expensive than the Lich King expensive mount.

Although, I didn't expect people to complain about this....Blizzard could lower the price before the expansion hits if there is enough complaining.

Disclaimer: I am mainly Alliance.
    nope, that price is pretty close to spot on in my opinion. its a price tag on losing. alliance lost, pay for it out of your pocket, and let it be a lesson to rally together next time and win a contest.

the price isnt reflective of the amount of amenities, but directly reflective of and reinforcing the alliance lost. dont want this to happen in the future? try harder to not let the other team win.

a 10~20k price would completely undermine the lesson to learn with this as its too easy to gather 20k quickly.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-08-08 at 02:28 AM.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Meh, wasn't interested in it based off the looks anyway. Have to say it's a stupid price for it, even though I could purchase a fleet of these if I wanted, if they want that price for an ugly one seater? No thanks blizz.
    Last edited by KWC3587; 2014-08-08 at 02:30 AM.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    nope, that price is pretty close to spot on in my opinion. its a price tag on losing. alliance lost, pay for it out of your pocket, and let it be a lesson to rally together next time and win a contest.

the price isnt reflective of the amount of amenities, but directly reflective of and reinforcing the alliance lost. dont want this to happen in the future? try harder to not let the other team win.

a 10~20k price would completely undermine the lesson to learn with this as its too easy to gather 20k quickly.
    You do realize that during the contest. There were no guarantees blizzard would add the losing bike into the game. The alliance bike in my opinion looks worse then the horde bike, but I still like both. during the contest I am pretty sure everyone wanted the best looking bike in game because they thought we were only getting one.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-08-08 at 02:34 AM.

the price is a punishment. 100k because the alliance didnt take the voting seriously. let this serve as a lesson next time, have some faction pride and try harder to win, so that you dont have to pay the price for losing.

people did as they were told, and voted which bike looked better. what they should have done was vote for which faction they preferred. stop the horde from winning their bike no matter which one was better.
    What? I did vote for the Alliance bike, and so did others.
    That logic is horribly flawed that those who did vote should have to pay 100k as a "lesson"
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That logic is horribly flawed that those who did vote should have to pay 100k as a "lesson"
    i was under the impression that there would be no loser bike at all. adding it in the game should come at a price as to not undermine the point of the contest in the first place. but since they decided to add it in, yes, the cost should reflect and make you think hard, dont vote for the other teams bike, no matter which one is prettier. (or whatever the faction contest happens to be, if ever another comes along)

the lesson for the collective group, not you specifically, is to not allow the other team to win. sorry you have to pay the price for the action of others, but it was a contest after all.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Mechagnome
    People angry over the Azeroth Choppers thing? Yup, that's a whole new level of sad.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I completely agree with this, people are flinging around the word "lesson" like the alliance needs to be punished since they didnt win. I understand that the horde won fair and square and sure there were people who voted for the opposing factions mount but its a bit extreme to go to the lengths of treating this as a punishment. and on a side note i voted for the alliance bike, was sad it lost, not to thrilled to pay a 100k but money isnt hard to make in WoW.

100k gold? That motorcycle better reach out the computer & give me a handjob at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    WoW gold has value for you? Interesting.
    WoW gold has value to everyone..... just different value to different people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Jeebus... The Alliance lost a contest which stated Only the Winning Bike goes in.
    Correction - the Alliance BIKE lost the competition, if we want to look at which SIDE won - then it was alliance. But that is beside the point.

The contest stated from the VERY BEGINNING that the winning bike would be in the game as a gift to the winning team. The Horde won, regardless of how or why. (Because all of the voting that supposedly made the Horde win by a landslide was ALSO available to the Alliance; It wasn't a one sided thing.) The Alliance didn't have to have their chopper added to the game AT ALL let alone buyable, so 100k is a reasonable price.

Don't want it because it doesn't look good? Here's some good news: You don't automatically get 100k taken out of your account to get it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's not faction bias; Horde won so they have a better deal. Alliance didn't so they don't. Simple as that. It's no lesson or anything of the sort. It's how things work in a contest. There was no shaky wording or Horde-only voting techniques; Everything was clear from the beginning and equal. The Alliance lost and gets a worse deal. Done. Over. Nothing more to say.

If people wanted the Alliance bike so bad? Congratulations, you can now get it in game. Yes, it comes with a steep price tag. That's the price for losing the contest. It's just how things go; There is no "Everyone wins" scenario in a contest. Anyone who believed otherwise was fooling themselves.

EDIT:: And for the record: I suspect the Horde bike will be available for the same price for anyone who doesn't log in by September 30th. So there's also that.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2014-08-08 at 03:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I genuinely don't even want the chopper but if they do that, I will simply uninstall WoW and cancel. :/ That's just wrong.
    are you fucking kidding me?
    <A Clash of Kings> (Oceanic rank 4) http://aclashofkings.enjin.com/home Recruiting exceptional players for Mythic raiding.

All that you have accomplised... all that you have won... yet still you lick the boots of kings.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correction - the Alliance BIKE lost the competition, if we want to look at which SIDE won - then it was alliance. But that is beside the point.
    And this makes no sense whatsoever. The contest was bike against bike. The Alliance bike lost, therefore the Alliance side of the contest lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

I don't think there is a lesson to be had for the losers. And I'm not sure you understood what I said. Every expansion we see massive inflation. 100k in MoP will be equal to 20k today (or whatever the exchange rate is from expansion to expansion, I don't feel like doing the math).

People are crying about it now, but come WoD, people will realize 100k is nothing.

I think it should have been more expensive to factor in inflation.

Pit Lord
    I don't think there is a lesson to be had for the losers. And I'm not sure you understood what I said. Every expansion we see massive inflation. 100k in MoP will be equal to 20k today (or whatever the exchange rate is from expansion to expansion, I don't feel like doing the math).

People are crying about it now, but come WoD, people will realize 100k is nothing.

I think it should have been more expensive to factor in inflation.
    ahh yah, i new what you were trying to say in terms of inflation. just for context, during the MoP beta that traveler's yak mount? it was first added to the beta for only 18k. a few builds later that price jumped to the 120k final price. so yes the 100k could be a temp price if inflation is factored in and could be more expensive when WoD goes live.

most of my previous post was in response to your "blizzard could lower the price". i feel like Blizzard has already given enough to the complainers by putting the Ally bike in at all, they shouldnt get the price lowered too. doing so would totally undermine the contest as i stated earlier.

100k for the Alliance mount while Horde gets theirs free? Yeah Blizz can go !@#$ themselves imo. yeah yeah yeah don't give me that "well Horde won the poll" line. Good for them. But 100k for a single person mount? Yeah I wouldn't even buy it for 50k.

ahh yah, i new what you were trying to say in terms of inflation. just for context, during the MoP beta that traveler's yak mount? it was first added to the beta for only 18k. a few builds later that price jumped to the 120k final price. so yes the 100k could be a temp price if inflation is factored in and could be more expensive when WoD goes live.

most of my previous post was in response to your "blizzard could lower the price". i feel like Blizzard has already given enough to the complainers by putting the Ally bike in at all, they shouldnt get the price lowered too. doing so would totally undermine the contest as i stated earlier.
    Adding the bike to the game already undermined the contest.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Adding the bike to the game already undermined the contest.
    yah i agree, but realistically, a lot of money and work was put into those bikes so i kinda knew from the start that both would become part of the game. it was just a question of how and when.

im ok with the Alliance getting their bike too, as long as they have to think about it each time one of them goes to purchase it.. there should be a "yeowww, 100k? dang i hate that, but we had a chance for it to be free and we blew it" moment.