Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Talisman of the Master Tracker had the chance to trigger reduced by 6% for Survival Hunters.
    Nothing like rubbing more salt in Survival's wounds, eh? It's almost like someone at Blizzard said, "Hey, Survival is already dog shit terrible, let's make it worse! No one will notice!"
    Is that all we're getting before Mythic opens today? I was expecting way more than that to many classes. Guess Blizzard is telling us not to touch Survival until next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    when should i use barrage as a MM hunter?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Well it has potential... napkin math for me based on my last sim when I was ilvl 696: 125crit food = approximately 460dps, which was 1% of my total dps. So if Felmonth Frenzy can return more than 1% of dps, it would be a gain.

Edit-- Just re-ran the sim at 698 ilvl (no set bonuses) = 125crit food = 1.18% of my dps.
    Used fel food while doing an Archimonde Normal pug yesterday.

Did 1.42% of my dmg:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-06-30 at 11:37 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Used fel food while doing an Archimonde Normal pug yesterday.

Did 1.42% of my dmg:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9
    Going off Simcraft for your character Crit food gives you 1.01% more damage, which would mean Fel Food is pulling slightly ahead. Getting very similar results on my 708 hunter, joined a Gruul pug and it did 1.65% of my damage. I assume dual-wielding melee would see even more disparity as it procs off Auto Attacks. Might run it in pre-mythic heroic farm next week and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Miiir View Post
    Going off Simcraft for your character Crit food gives you 1.01% more damage, which would mean Fel Food is pulling slightly ahead. Getting very similar results on my 708 hunter, joined a Gruul pug and it did 1.65% of my damage. I assume dual-wielding melee would see even more disparity as it procs off Auto Attacks. Might run it in pre-mythic heroic farm next week and see how it goes.
    Can someone do an ELI5 to me how they can tell how much damage percent stat food buff adds? Wouldn't Panda's be better off using the stat buff since they gain 100% more than other races.. And I don't think it works on the Fel food where it gives you more procs.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Can someone do an ELI5 to me how they can tell how much damage percent stat food buff adds? Wouldn't Panda's be better off using the stat buff since they gain 100% more than other races.. And I don't think it works on the Fel food where it gives you more procs.
    I'm not the best with Simcraft so I don't know if theres a "legit" way to do it. But I do a ghetto method which seems to work fine. First I sim them nomrally, 10k+ iterrations, patchwek style 360-540 seconds etc etc. Then I sim them again but I take away 1 ring and 1 neck enchant (which equals out to 125 crit) and then figure out the percentage difference between the 2 results.

Pandas it probably isn't worth it, as correct it doesn't work with fel food.

I assume dual-wielding melee would see even more disparity as it procs off Auto Attacks.
    From what i have seen it can proc from everything. I had 2-3 times it proced from freezing trap and the proc broke the trap effect.

I'm not the best with Simcraft so I don't know if theres a "legit" way to do it. But I do a ghetto method which seems to work fine. First I sim them nomrally, 10k+ iterrations, patchwek style 360-540 seconds etc etc. Then I sim them again but I take away 1 ring and 1 neck enchant (which equals out to 125 crit) and then figure out the percentage difference between the 2 results.

Pandas it probably isn't worth it, as correct it doesn't work with fel food.
    I did it that way first.

A second time I just went to the page where it imports the character and changed a gem from being +50crit to +175crit. Came up with essentially the same result.

I guess another way you could do it, probably more legit, is to do one sim with +125crit food and then disable the food line, and re-run.

Hey Azor / Effin, can we get some clarity on racial dps?
    I had initially picked Belf after faction transferring since azor had no race sims and Belf was 200 dps ahead of orc for Effin's sims.
    Now Azor, you just added racial sims and Belf is 140 dps ahead of Belf for you?

I am wondering what the difference in sims is here, my initial thought was that orc would be the best with Bloodfury lining up with rapid fire, but 1% static crit/torrent is pretty awesome... I like orc better, but my dps comes first before cosmetics.. any input?

(yea I know we had this discussion before and it was largely irrelevant, but this could be relevant stacking with the legendary ring ffr)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionlol View Post
    Hey Azor / Effin, can we get some clarity on racial dps?
    I had initially picked Belf after faction transferring since azor had no race sims and Belf was 200 dps ahead of orc for Effin's sims.
    Now Azor, you just added racial sims and Belf is 140 dps ahead of Belf for you?

I am wondering what the difference in sims is here, my initial thought was that orc would be the best with Bloodfury lining up with rapid fire, but 1% static crit/torrent is pretty awesome... I like orc better, but my dps comes first before cosmetics.. any input?

(yea I know we had this discussion before and it was largely irrelevant, but this could be relevant stacking with the legendary ring ffr)
    Orc to blood elf using tier 17 with lone wolf build is 285 increase, Orc to blood elf using tier 18 with focusing shot build is 167 increase.

the blood elf racial is great because you always get the 1% crit which gives your shots abit more chance to crit, focus restore racial can get you 1 more extra aimed shot with thrill of hunt proc if your low on focus + lines up with rapid fire, orc isnt far off with focusing shot build once you get 4set because your gonna have a pet and orc has the 1% pet racial, both races are good but blood elf is better.
    Last edited by mmoc1bb4059732; 2015-06-30 at 01:56 PM.

Would you mind explaining these numbers and why both Azor & Effin didn't come to the same conclusion?
    I am not saying you're wrong, I am just curious.

The 2min focus restore is invaluable to me. It comes in handy so much.

The reason that I do not do racial sims early enough for people to make the switch before patch release is that changes do happen from PTR state. Not necessarily balancing/tuning things, but also talent setups as we figure out more shit yaddayadda.

I don't know if Effin has updated his racial sims, but if you're comparing my current ones to his from before patch release then the difference is that I've made APL and default profile adjustments in terms of like everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, you can't disregard the fact that blood elfs look fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionlol View Post
    Would you mind explaining these numbers and why both Azor & Effin didn't come to the same conclusion?
    I am not saying you're wrong, I am just curious.
    Edit: Azor posted while I was posting. Looks like some APL and gear changes or something.

does anyone else think Blizzard forgot to fix the serpent sting bug in their internal tools and that's why they keep nerfing survival? maybe? lol? "cries"

I just realized that my MM races sim wasn't including any preactions, so no food buffs or anything like that. MM races has been updated to include preactions. I'll check the others. Except for the initial analysis of the APL and changes, I haven't changed that in a while. Haven't seen any reason to do that.

There's definitely something different though. I mean, we're both 66k plus for the profiles for the most part (mine are 300-500 dps higher with the preactions added, but that is almost certainly small in the APLs or gear). Troll is 2nd best on his and 2nd worst on mine. Without seeing the settings used, I can't say either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jinsu View Post
    does anyone else think Blizzard forgot to fix the serpent sting bug in their internal tools and that's why they keep nerfing survival? maybe? lol? "cries"
    I think it's way more likely that they just don't want us to play it.

I added a buff guide, which includes Felmouth Frenzy's current Simcraft implementation. I'm still talking with the Simcraft guys about this one though because my personal tests and others noted in this thread seem to indicate that this is doing 1.5-1.8% of our damage, while Simcraft is only showing a 1% gain for the food.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-62/?p=2280746

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the update Effin, hope to see Simcraft updated soon! Will be interested to see the results, specifically for spammy specs like ferals.