But people are saying it was there before, but are now gone. They were always hidden behind that Pawn string link.

Deleted
    "make a video about it" cit

People of various classes/specs are saying Arans seems to be nerfed a bit and some people say it's working fine and hasn't been changed. Are Hunter sim results with Arans (with and without chest) accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    They are both exactly the same. The difference is due to random variation in the simulations: each time you sim something, you will get a different result. The size of the variance depends on how many iterations you did per simulation.

The reason your math doesn't give exactly the same for both traits is because you neglected the fact that we'd already have 3 points in Pack Leader, which means adding another 1 point to Pack Leader won't multiply our current damage by 1.05.

Consider that we already have 3 traits in Pack Leader and we're dealing 100 damage with KC. That means our base KC damage prior to being modified by Pack Leader would be 86.96, after multiplying by 1.15 we get 86.96*1.15 = 100 damage again. Now if we add 1 more trait in Pack Leader our new damage would become 86.96*1.2 = 104.352, which is slightly less than the 105 you calculated. If you repeat your calculations using this value instead, you should find that both traits are exactly the same.

The Jaws of Thunder damage depends on how much damage Kill Command does though (it deals 50% of the damage that the Kill Command did), so it's not going to deal more damage because it ignores armour. In fact, if it was modified by armour, it to be weaker than Pack Leader, since the original Kill Command damage would be reduced by armour, then the dot itself would be reduced.
    Thankyou very much easy correction to my incorrect thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    People of various classes/specs are saying Arans seems to be nerfed a bit and some people say it's working fine and hasn't been changed. Are Hunter sim results with Arans (with and without chest) accurate?
    Maybe nerfed for BM hunter and other classes that use melee. Not nerfed for MM or other ranged classes.

Heres a link to the thread about the trinket nerf: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-ninja-nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Yes and no. Arans hasn't been nerfed for hunters (MM/BM). But sim results with and without are not accurate; Sims fail to include the 18% dmg bonus from Lone Wolf, so the proc is 18% smaller in sims than in real life environments.

Aran's was nerfed in SimCraft the other day (1.75 > 1.65 RPPM).

The Lone Wolf bug was fixed this morning.

Expect to see Aran's roughly where it was already when I updated the sims over the weekend.

Deleted
    Just had the BM boots drop from a random battleground.. on Icy veins it basically said that it has great ST potential but is ranked 4th below wild

I have Wild, Voodoo mask and now boots..

Will boots jump above Wild/Ring as a dps legendary with these nerfs?

Could you perhaps explain the "potential" bit in the Icy Veins guide? is it more in theory they could be very good but in practice not so much?

The SimC APL does not really make good use of the boots in any way. Pretends they don't exist. In the hands of a player who knows what's going on, it's likely a much better legendary.

Hi Azortharion.
    On your last Marksmanship Sim the haste is now ahead of Agility. On your armory you still have way more Crit than Haste.
    Is there a new Sim or is it badluck in loot?
    Anyway, is there a particular reason for haste being so strong now?
    Thank you in advance for your answer.

-Preia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Preia View Post
    Hi Azortharion.
    On your last Marksmanship Sim the haste is now ahead of Agility. On your armory you still have way more Crit than Haste.

-Preia
    I went ahead and looked up his armory. I'd say the reason he has so much crit over haste isn't because he's particulary trying to gear crit over haste, but rather due to some 'bad luck' with legendaries and a few key pieces.

Both his head and chest are two good hunter pieces that drop in EN - and since you can enter mythic and get a baseline 880 on the loot it's quite easy to get war/titanforges that places these quite high up item level wise, making them difficult to replace with more appropriately itemized pieces. On top of that, he has the ring which gives a crapton of crit, as well as a pair of shoulders giving quite a lot of it (I'm suspecting that he eithere hasn't found better ones or the set bonus is simply just that much worth it).

So, with the risk of him not answering my judgement would be that "bad luck" in terms of loot would be the accurate response.. but what do I know.

Hi BM here..Have problem with rings what is my two best
    -Ring of collapsing futures 860 599haste 1307mastery use:shadow dmg 43,511(15sec CD)
    -Twice warped azsharan signet 875 1382 crit 633haste + socket
    -loop of vitriolic intent 875 1382 haste 633mastery
    -Grubby silver ring 885 1196crit 897ver +socket

Quote Originally Posted by Preia
    Hi Azortharion.

-Preia
    I think there are a few things that factor into this:

- Gear optimization, he's going to take what is an obvious upgrade instead of holding out for haste alone.
    - The actual point value of haste/crit - for example: it takes less points of crit in order to get 1%, where as it takes more points of haste to get 1%.... meaning you will end up with a higher % of crit even if you had the exact same amount of points into both of them.
    - We have a passive that gives us 10% crit, which is getting nerfed in 7.1.5. This plays a big part, don't forget about that!

This is just what I think the reasons are.... I could be wrong so don't take my word 100%. I would hate to spread false information.
    Last edited by Hawkshot; 2016-12-18 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot View Post
    I think there are a few things that factor into this:

- Gear optimization, he's going to take what is an obvious upgrade instead of holding out for haste alone.
    - The actual point value of haste/crit - for example: it takes less points of crit in order to get 1%, where as it takes more points of haste to get 1%.... meaning you will end up with a higher % of crit even if you had the exact same amount of points into both of them.
    - We have a passive that gives us 10% crit, which is getting nerfed in 7.1.5. This plays a big part, don't forget about that!

This is just what I think the reasons are.... I could be wrong so don't take my word 100%. I would hate to spread false information.
    He has 6.5k crit rating as opposed to 3.8k haste rating. I was thinking the same thing as you (maybe the guy asking only looked at percentages?) but that isn't the case. Other than that your first point sums up my post eloquently. There is no reason to not take what is an upgrade just because it doesn't give haste. The same goes for mastery, although it is in my experience a lot more difficult to find a genuine upgrade piece that doesn't have mastery on it.

Quote Originally Posted by saeKn
    Hi BM here..Have problem with rings what is my two best
    -Ring of collapsing futures 860 599haste 1307mastery use:shadow dmg 43,511(15sec CD)
    -Twice warped azsharan signet 875 1382 crit 633haste + socket
    -loop of vitriolic intent 875 1382 haste 633mastery
    -Grubby silver ring 885 1196crit 897ver +socket
    To be honest I think the best answer you're going to get is to sim yourself. I think Azortharion mentioned the use of the ring if used correctly is about the same value as a socket. You should also probably get the addon called Pawn, and plug in the stat weights from Azortharion's stat weight's found on his guide. You probably will never have to ask questions regarding gear again.

Guide: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksma...-stat-priority
    Found under the "Choosing Gear" section.

set bonus is fat as fuck
    zevrim's sucks and gives crit
    nythendra helm has crit
    patient ambushers chest has crit
    belt/boots have dank iLvl and also give crit, but are mastery-weighted which makes them OP

So that's what i thought. ^^ Thx

Hello Azor,

Quick question also regarding your armory,

I can see you're using Mark of the trained soldier instead of Hidden Satyr, any reason to do that now ?

Thanks for your amazing work and reactivity

Quote Originally Posted by crashley View Post
    Hello Azor,

Quick question also regarding your armory,

I can see you're using Mark of the trained soldier instead of Hidden Satyr, any reason to do that now ?

Thanks for your amazing work and reactivity
    Range perhaps? Close in DPS, only 1 gives a range bonus. Perhaps useful for Mythic Helya in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Range perhaps? Close in DPS, only 1 gives a range bonus. Perhaps useful for Mythic Helya in particular.
    not sure how much would 300mastery give you in extra range thou, that being said they are pretty close, and in multi target trained soldier wins out acording to the guide, and that does help in helya's add phase