Quote Originally Posted by Orthios View Post
    Because, ya know, internal communication is the same as external communication. Also, I assume that you know this for a fact because you work there or something? Cause if not then shut up about shit you don't know for certain.
    http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif

It would be nice if that pre-pull trinkets technique never existed but we need Blizzard to be serious about changing this and many other similar things.
    Basically, they need to wipe player affects/trinkets/buffs/debuffs at the beginning of a raid encounter.
    We can't really declare proc'ing trinkets pre-pull as an "exploit" and let pre-potting stay as a legit move. They both do very similar things, you grant yourself an additional usage of a certain affect for an encounter where you are limited to a single usage for example.
    It is same as using hero on Blast Furnace and resetting the boss, or a DK casting army and resetting the boss, or some classes getting resources from trash and bringing them to boss encounter, or pulling trash together with the boss, etc.
    Last edited by Dwoggurd; 2015-10-11 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwoggurd View Post
    It would be nice if that pre-pull trinkets technique never existed but we need Blizzard to be serious about changing this and many other similar things.
    Basically, they need to wipe player affects/trinkets/buffs/debuffs at the beginning of a raid encounter.
    We can't really declare proc'ing trinkets pre-pull as an "exploit" and let pre-potting stay as a legit move. They both do very similar things, you grant yourself an additional usage of a certain affect for an encounter where you are limited to a single usage for example.
    It is same as using hero on Blast Furnace and resetting the boss, or a DK casting army and resetting the boss, or some classes getting resources from trash and bringing them to boss encounter, or pulling trash together with the boss, etc.
    of course, many will disagree "working as intended". and they always like to find ways to make bosses easier. but i agree. to me a boss should be difficult. finding tiny loop holes and the such as these will always make the bosses easier (and feel less like a boss) than they should be. but there isn't exactly a nice fix or one that really works wonders that the majority will be ok with. least not one that i can think of
    Last edited by Gaarashatan; 2015-10-11 at 10:43 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    After such a long period of radio silence it's good to know that inane bickering over a stupid exploit is what got the conversation going again. You could just kill the boss without resorting to such tactics, but I guess then some misguided person is bound to tell you that you didn't do everything you could and so u R a bad.

The moral of the story I think is that it's time for Legion, because HFC has very clearly lost its lustre.

Deleted
    Anyone played BM on Xhulhorac mythic? What trinkets did you use? Is the hc class trinket worth vs mythic coil.
    Last edited by mmoc70389194d2; 2015-10-12 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finith View Post
    After such a long period of radio silence it's good to know that inane bickering over a stupid exploit is what got the conversation going again. You could just kill the boss without resorting to such tactics, but I guess then some misguided person is bound to tell you that you didn't do everything you could and so u R a bad.

The moral of the story I think is that it's time for Legion, because HFC has very clearly lost its lustre.
    i have to agree, hfc. at least to me, isnt as exciting as the hype made it be, it has nice models but dumb mechanics. at least archy is good and fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Anyone played BM on Xhulhorac mythic? What trinkets did you use? Is the hc class trinket worth vs mythic coil.
    havent tried bm on xhul yet since guild nvr had a problem with the imps, but from my point i would go with the coil. the class trinket overall isnt that great of a trink. also depends on what strat youre using for xhul (im some sense) but i would just go with coil

HC Class trinket is pretty solid on Xhul'horac considering what it does for BM(Increases pet's damage purely). Xhul for BM is all about Beast Cleaving, so the trinket is pretty mint for that. I used HC Class trinket & Mythic Coil on our first kill, but now I've switched to Class trinket + Mythic Censer.

Class trink + coil is best trinkets for BM on anything that isn't single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finith View Post

Some random backwoods poster has declared that HFC is over. Clearly over because no one is still doing progression and everyone and their grandmother has killed m archie..... Oh wait only 168 guilds have killed it, definitely over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    HC Class trinket is pretty solid on Xhul'horac considering what it does for BM(Increases pet's damage purely). Xhul for BM is all about Beast Cleaving, so the trinket is pretty mint for that. I used HC Class trinket & Mythic Coil on our first kill, but now I've switched to Class trinket + Mythic Censer.
    But but mirror :<

But but mirror :<
    Mirror is shit for BM. It only summons 2 clones.

Plus Censer/Coil/Class Trinket are far more consistent with damage output.

it still out sims all of those options, i have tested this.
    (please note I am using a normal class trinket because thats what I have)

Both of these are 5 min sims +-20%
    AOE Sim- (2 targets hectic add cleave)
    http://imgur.com/17Dr14b
    1 Target Hectic Add-
    http://imgur.com/xbHT7cO

3 Target Sim-
    http://imgur.com/pEyEMiU
    2 Target Sim-
    http://imgur.com/viJbEFD
    ST Sim-
    http://imgur.com/uEotgv0

cant forget strat though, in my case im constantly in melee range of boss to kite voidfiends that spawn in that area =/. hopefully you get placed in a outside group with mages though

Deleted

But scales with mastery. It's certainly not shit.

It's no worse for BM than for the other specs, where it is BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic:

Azor i've been stagnant for too long and miss you <3

Deleted
    Maybe its just me but looking at the way WCL handles the exploiting players logs right now seems to be missing a key part of it, the way its working right now is that the exploiting player is getting his percentile set to 0 and his character doesnt rank however the entire log is still logged and ranked so if your kill time is 20 seconds faster due to x players using the prepull ring/trinket the non exploiting players rank will still count as they didnt exploit? i thought the whole log was getting binned idk

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    Off topic:

Azor i've been stagnant for too long and miss you <3
    I love you too. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosslol View Post
    Maybe its just me but looking at the way WCL handles the exploiting players logs right now seems to be missing a key part of it, the way its working right now is that the exploiting player is getting his percentile set to 0 and his character doesnt rank however the entire log is still logged and ranked so if your kill time is 20 seconds faster due to x players using the prepull ring/trinket the non exploiting players rank will still count as they didnt exploit? i thought the whole log was getting binned idk
    One person doing more DPS by maybe 10-20k DPS tops will not affect your killtime by more than a few seconds, where it has almost no effect.

Deleted
    Well yeah but thats why i said X players as you could have every single person who can possibly preproc do it and 1 person not just to speed up the kill time, as im sure some people will

Even that would only amount to 10 seconds, which is not really a significant difference either.

It really only applies to speed kill rankings, which is not in the slightest bit a serious competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion
    Even that would only amount to 10 seconds, which is not really a significant difference either.

It really only applies to speed kill rankings, which is not in the slightest bit a serious competition.
    This. Also, over 90% of the logs with this particular exploit had only 1 player using it, so the impact on speed kills is negligible.

I know it bothers some people that I start invalidating ahead of official Blizzard hotfixes, but I mainly just do this so that my crawler can keep up. If I wait too long, the crawler falls behind. I'm working on improving the speed of the crawler (basically by teaching it how to do the minimal amount of work necessary to check for exploits).

If I wait too long, then unbeatable ranks would end up lingering for a long time while the crawler slowly caught up to them. In the future if I do get the crawler speed improved, I'll try to wait until hotfixes are officially released.

Anyway, that's why I go after this stuff ASAP. It's basically architectural.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity