Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    0.4*[crit chance - 3%]= proc chance
    if cleaving it's 2 * 0.4 * [crit chance -3%]
    cleaving should be 0.4 * [1-(1-(crit chance -3%))/2] i.e, 1- the chance that neither crit, right?
    Last edited by saistain; 2016-01-23 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Hi, just reading through your guide and your Hint/Tips of Archie on Mythic..

My Guild currently were on 143 wipes atm, had a few times where we have hit the wall of the 4th infernal wave. Initially I was running Mirror with Censer for the open burst for only 1 Doomfire, still use it on pull so we dont have it in P3 for that 4th wave. (Hero on pull)

My issue from a hunter perspective and from your guide:

Reference to Mirror Trinket:- *If you are way past the point where Hellfire Deathcallers are posing a
    threat to your tanks and phase 3 progression is the primary objective, this
    trinket is fairly weak and becomes little but a good enough DPS trinket.

In this scenario, still wanting to use coil for sustained add damage - would you consider running censer with Coil? I dont have the Injector.
    Are you having to Distract tank the infernal at all or are other people handling it for you? I have to move a lot in the last phase and suffer from it, I admit, but noticed that while mirror is not good for the adds, you can still use the CD on Archie and just focus the inferals while they do their thing. Just an example, I usually go from the knockback on the stack point to distracting the infernal, sometime having to move to the edge to get away from other infernals, then having to move back to get ready for mark or dance from Seething Corruption. Getting better at finding places to stand to minimize this, but Coil has not been a good choice for me specifically. If you are in the spot of not having to move that much Coil/Censer or Coil/BoA trinket from mythic dungeons would work best for you per Azor's guide.

Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    cleaving should be 0.4 * [1-(1-(crit chance -3%))/2] i.e, 1- the chance that neither crit, right?
    Isn't it 1-(1-(0,4 * [crit% -3%]))² with cleaving?
    and take that ² off for single target.

with 53% sheet crit it would be 36%, with 45% sheet crit it's 30.7777% and so on.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2016-01-23 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Isn't it 1-(1-(0,4 * (crit% -3%))² with cleaving?

with 53% sheet crit it would be 36%, with 45% sheet crit it's 30.7777% and so on.
    yea that sounds better

For people using my UI, I made a longish video walkthrough of the addons and how you can customize some things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgndUvQwP04

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    For people using my UI, I made a longish video walkthrough of the addons and how you can customize some things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgndUvQwP04
    Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    I've been using a mouseover Kill Shot macro to snipe low health targets without changing my main target, but sometimes when i target the low health add but i don't have my mouse over its nameplate the macro doesnt work for like 1-2 seconds, after that it works again, i cant explain myself the reason of such delay, is it a mistake in the macro?
    #showtooltip Kill Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm] Kill Shot; [harm] Kill Shot; KIll Shot

Deleted
    There shouldn't be a delay. Make sure you're not mouseovering some other target that's above KS range. Hold down right mouse button to be sure.

Also the last line can be simplified to just /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Kill Shot

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Isn't it 1-(1-(0,4 * [crit% -3%]))² with cleaving?

Correct.

Adding the probability that each hit procs neglects the double counted portion when both proc. This typical error is why most people come up to 40% instead of 36%. Using 1-prob that neither procs is the easier way around that double counting of the intersection.

In practice though the only hfc boss where both CS hit each suffer 3% crit suppression is council so it would be marginally higher.
    Last edited by Deau; 2016-01-27 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    In practice though the only hfc boss where both CS hit each suffer 3% crit suppression is council so it would be marginally higher.
    Yeah forgot that. 1-(1-0.4 * [crit% -3%])(1-0.4 * [crit% -2%]) = 36.32% with 53% crit and other target is 102 lvl. But yeah approx 36%

which one is better?
    felfire munitions launcher (mythic 2/2) or curserd demonbone longbow (Heroic 2/2)

Weapon dmg, check it.

Quote Originally Posted by jomu85 View Post
    which one is better?
    felfire munitions launcher (mythic 2/2) or curserd demonbone longbow (Heroic 2/2)
    Weapon damage is vastly the priority for Hunters even though the stats are not idealy the best haste and mastery at the level you probably with mostly Heroic gear. The Mythic Felfire munitions Launcher 2/2 mythic is better than a standard Heroic curse demonbone longbow because of the weapon damage. Had the Heroic bow been WF then it would have given it the edge against the Mythic gun because of the weapon damage and the bows secondary stats being much more intune for a MM hunter.

I'm sitting at around 46.24% crit with 5% crit buff, with food I'm at 47.67%, would this be the appropriate crit level to swap to Oglethrope's Missle Splitter? I still have some crit gear I need to valor upgrade.

The guide doesn't contain useful macros, can someone point me towards some. I am coming back to the game after a rather lengthy hiatus.

There are no really useful macros, maybe misdirecting focus?

Alright, thanks for the quick response. Do you tie in stopcasting into your killshot?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    There are no really useful macros, maybe misdirecting focus?
    Only ones that really spring to mind are very basic; md'ing to focus, killshot on mouseover, and a couple of stopcastings linked to a few "omg i need to do this right now" abilities (e.g. feign death). Can't really think of anything else you would need?

Quote Originally Posted by Proximitynz View Post
    Only ones that really spring to mind are very basic; md'ing to focus, killshot on mouseover, and a couple of stopcastings linked to a few "omg i need to do this right now" abilities (e.g. feign death). Can't really think of anything else you would need?
    I can't remember very much about the game so any of these macros would be useful, like the stopcasting and feign death, pure gold for a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I can't remember very much about the game so any of these macros would be useful, like the stopcasting and feign death, pure gold for a new player.
    /stopcasting macros for Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage.

I use to use /startattack macros for all my abilities as well