Deleted
    I saw you updatet your opener Sequenze.

You prefer Marked Shot after Sidewinders? In the past everyone says Sidewinders-->Aimed Shot-->Marked Shot-->Aimed Shot.

Why now this? So i must cast Marked Shot on Proc?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babaan View Post
    In the past everyone says Sidewinders-->Aimed Shot-->Marked Shot-->Aimed Shot.

Why now this? So i must cast Marked Shot on Proc?
    No one, including Azor, has ever said that for the opener. The only thing he changed with the opener was Barraging after the first Sidewinders/MS, and when to AMOC when talented.

Deleted
    How is SV compared to the other two specs? Can it at least halfway compete or is it just ass all the way through?

It looks really fun to play but there's a limit on how suboptimal a spec can be for me to still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    How is SV compared to the other two specs? Can it at least halfway compete or is it just ass all the way through?

It looks really fun to play but there's a limit on how suboptimal a spec can be for me to still enjoy it.
    You're looking at anything from 30k to 80k damage spread between the two. I prefer SV, but I only use it for easy content. +M dungeons and raids, I just switch to MM. SV is a really good base for a spec, but it still needs some work. Maybe in a patch or two.

Would just like to thank Azor for introducing that checkmywow site. It's great.

Our most recent H Ursoc fight:

Myself:
    http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/2A...7D/170642139/7

Our other Hunters:
    http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/2A...7D/171687068/7
    http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/2A...7D/171501237/7
    http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/2A...7D/161780446/7

Based on this fight alone, my ranking of performance for the other hunters be: Back = Praetorian > Faceonglass.

They have always been saying they are underperforming soley due to gear and I'm glad there's a user-friendly tool such as checkmywow to identify key areas of improvement.

Edit: Additionally, I have two questions:

1) I see alot of the top end hunters in my server still on Mark of the Hidden Satyr when the majority of EN is not pure ST. Is this ill-advised or is the difference between the 300 mastery neck enchant negligible?

2) What exactly is the reason or bug that is causing the Twisting Winds trinket to underperform for us? I realise it has a low percentage damage output for us but it still performs well for some classes, eg. ranges for 3-4% for Feral druids (perhaps proccing off bleeds?).

Thanks man.
    Last edited by isei; 2016-10-04 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isei View Post

1) I see alot of the top end hunters in my server still on Mark of the Hidden Satyr when the majority of EN is not pure ST. Is this ill-advised or is the difference between the 300 mastery neck enchant negligible?
    Satyr is better than Trained S on ST, meanwhile on 3 targets they are really close.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

this might look like a stupid question for most of you guys but as I've just returned home from a year abroad I just turned 110 a couple days ago. I did my first Mythic +2/+3 dungeons and did it as BM as I thought it's the best choice as of now for me.
    Now I put some artifact power into my MM weapon as I wanna be MM in future raids. I've read alot in this thread and the forum in general, I've also read the guide from Azor and I believe I do understand what to do. I did a heroic dungeon yesterday before heading to bed as a MM to actually try it. Is it common that I will have some focus struggles here and there and that I run "dry" from time to time? BM also has this of course, but it didn't feel tedious.
    There were times where all my skills were on cooldown and I barely had focus left. I try not to spam aimed shot without the debuff unless I'm capped. When I see some logs here from guys doing mythic kills on the first boss and only had 7-9 sidewinder casts (if I'm reading that correct), I wonder where all the focus for the aimed shots come from that I'm somehow lacking?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my missing knowledge, haven't played that game for almost 2.5 years and I'm trying to get back into

Quote Originally Posted by aaff View Post
    Hey guys,

this might look like a stupid question for most of you guys but as I've just returned home from a year abroad I just turned 110 a couple days ago. I did my first Mythic +2/+3 dungeons and did it as BM as I thought it's the best choice as of now for me.
    Now I put some artifact power into my MM weapon as I wanna be MM in future raids. I've read alot in this thread and the forum in general, I've also read the guide from Azor and I believe I do understand what to do. I did a heroic dungeon yesterday before heading to bed as a MM to actually try it. Is it common that I will have some focus struggles here and there and that I run "dry" from time to time? BM also has this of course, but it didn't feel tedious.
    There were times where all my skills were on cooldown and I barely had focus left. I try not to spam aimed shot without the debuff unless I'm capped. When I see some logs here from guys doing mythic kills on the first boss and only had 7-9 sidewinder casts (if I'm reading that correct), I wonder where all the focus for the aimed shots come from that I'm somehow lacking?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my missing knowledge, haven't played that game for almost 2.5 years and I'm trying to get back into
    You will sometimes have to wait as Marksman for a Marking Targets proc or for Sidewinders to hit 2 stacks, but you should see a lot more waiting when playing Beast Mastery.

So being that Windburst is high priority, does that mean that I should ignore its vulnerable effects and just cast it anyways? Or does it really sit below Marking Targets to the point where I never cast it unless I'm sitting without a proc?

Also, say you aren't able to precast Windburst, in a mythic dungeon or something. Would you pop TS, start with sidewinders and immediately Windburst to get it on cooldown before spamming your Aimed Shots?

Where Windburst lies in priority hasn't really been stated well in the guide. I know there are multiple ways to use it, but I'm not sure what is best... saving it for the vulnerable buff, or using it ASAP for the big damage.
    Last edited by construkt; 2016-10-04 at 01:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by construkt View Post
    Where Windburst lies in priority hasn't really been stated well in the guide. I know there are multiple ways to use it, but I'm not sure what is best... saving it for the vulnerable buff, or using it ASAP for the big damage.
    What are you talking about? How do people have this hard of a time understanding when to Windburst?

It's above Sidewinders in the APL. It's a priority list, and Windburst's place in it is clearly written.

Does Azor's guide / trinket list account for how wrong Sim C is with twisting winds trinket?

Twisting Winds trinket sims done this morning vs log from last night and older log.

Single Target:

Sims (5min fight)- Patchwerk / HelterSkelter / HeavyMovement sims are all close. Average of 100 to 105 (single target) hits per fight dealing average 41k per hit.

Logs - Looking at actual logs, there is a greatly different story.

(6min 53 sec fight)- 63 hits. Hit # being off is semi reasonable based on the boss fight + mechanics. Damage average per hit of trinket is 16k which is where the huge discrepancy is located.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13

(6min 22 sec fight with more stationary boss) *I believe this might be a higher ilvl trinket but cannot tell* - 106 hits. Hit number is once again a bit lower because of how twisting winds moves that I am sure the sim does not properly account for. Avg damage per hit of trinket (with a HIGH crit %) is only 23.1k.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=265

TLDR: Twisting Wind trinket is ass and I think it should be even lower on the trinket list than it is.

How is everyone finding Hunter so far?? I've swapped toons a thousand times so far this expo already and I'm only a casual. It seems I can't find the right balance of dps and fun! Currently lvling my Hunter, started as bm and its a complete doddle... 100% movement and very nice burst st and aoe. I then tried mm and whilst it did incredibly nice dps, mobility was a slight issue and I sometimes found myself with nothing to do. Had no windbhrst, focus for aimed shot or sidewinder stacks...

So how do you guys find Hunter for all aspects of wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    How is everyone finding Hunter so far?? I've swapped toons a thousand times so far this expo already and I'm only a casual. It seems I can't find the right balance of dps and fun! Currently lvling my Hunter, started as bm and its a complete doddle... 100% movement and very nice burst st and aoe. I then tried mm and whilst it did incredibly nice dps, mobility was a slight issue and I sometimes found myself with nothing to do. Had no windbhrst, focus for aimed shot or sidewinder stacks...

So how do you guys find Hunter for all aspects of wow?
    If you gain your fun from watching mechanics / looking at the pretty sights in the dungeon / checking out all the enemy animations and such hunter can be a lot of fun.

If you find your fun in deep / complex rotations or priorities more related to actually playing the class, you might find it a bit dull. Hunter was dumbed down a lot this expansion, BM being the easiest spec to play in WoW currently IMO.

With the above said, I play strictly BM doing Mythic+ dungeons and Norm / Heroic raiding. I like it a lot. And I get to notice / call out things a lot more often than others because I focus so little on the proper rotation / priority.

Soloing and world questing as BM is also great. Much better than as a tank / healer / spell caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    If you gain your fun from watching mechanics / looking at the pretty sights in the dungeon / checking out all the enemy animations and such hunter can be a lot of fun.

If you find your fun in deep / complex rotations or priorities more related to actually playing the class, you might find it a bit dull. Hunter was dumbed down a lot this expansion, BM being the easiest spec to play in WoW currently IMO.

With the above said, I play strictly BM doing Mythic+ dungeons and Norm / Heroic raiding. I like it a lot. And I get to notice / call out things a lot more often than others because I focus so little on the proper rotation / priority.

Soloing and world questing as BM is also great. Much better than as a tank / healer / spell caster.
    True that, I enjoy BM, I love what they did with dire beast, makes it fun for sure. I was planning to reroll rogue to Hunter, still 50/50 on whether it's a smart idea or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    What are you talking about? How do people have this hard of a time understanding when to Windburst?

It's above Sidewinders in the APL. It's a priority list, and Windburst's place in it is clearly written.
    What are you talking about? The simplified priority list isn't an optimal way to play. It's a dumbed down way to get your shots out and I'm trying to optimize.

There is a shit ton of things to consider when you're going to cast Windburst like whether or not it's higher priority than keeping 2 sidewinders charges up, or whether it's worth holding a Marking Targets proc to utilize the Vulnerable debuff from WB. Whether or not you should use it ahead of barrage in an ST situation, etc. etc. You can think about all of that, or just go braindead mode and smash it on cooldown which is how the priority list in the guide explains it.

So if you've read the guide, you'd know that just hitting it according to only that priority list isn't going to be the best way to handle it all of the time. So thanks for providing no useful feedback. I'm asking for the nuanced uses of the ability to get the most out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by construkt View Post
    So if you've read the guide, you'd know that just hitting it according to only that priority list isn't going to be the best way to handle it all of the time. So thanks for providing no useful feedback. I'm asking for the nuanced uses of the ability to get the most out of it.
    Yes it is. WB hits harder than a buffed Aimed, costs less, and casts faster. It's topped only by Marked Shot in dpe (not counting amoc which is already clearly above it in prio everywhere on the guide), but when you cast MS is irrelevant 99% of the time as long as you do not lose a Vuln buffed cast. WB has a cooldown though and needs to go on cooldown as soon as possible. Trying to bandaid your Vuln uptime should be 100% irrelevant as well, even without 4-set, prepatch PS/SW was entirely possible without WB, it's only easier now. If WB is cast before MS, you extend the window to use MS well beyond what you'll need that cycle most likely. If you WB after MS, you extend Vuln well past what you will need before your next cycle starts or SW caps. It is a loss if it is delayed.

Ironically it may be more confusing according to the detailed breakdown as opposed to the simplified one, since it seems to imply WB can be delayed if you can cast Aimed Shots while Vuln is up, meaning WB could be delayed like >5 every cycle.
    Last edited by Jayeazy; 2016-10-04 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Read the guide, maybe? Insanity.
    I read the BM guide.

Just before the encounter starts, use your Potion of Deadly Grace
    Cast A Murder of Crows
    Activate Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild

So BW applies it's damage buff to MoC retroactively?

So I just got the Unstable ArcanoCrystal off withered J'im. I dont see it in the list of trinkets in the guide. It basically has +807 of crit, haste, master, versatility. Anyone know where this trinket sits at in terms of BIS? its ilvl is 860

http://www.wowdb.com/items/141482-un...ed:screenshots
    Last edited by Harakka; 2016-10-04 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Use the pawn stats and compare it to a stat trinket from WQs. It should be a very strong trinket according to that.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-04 at 10:15 PM.

I wasn't able to get an answer in the Hunter discord so I wanted to ask here: is the guide still accurate when it says to pre-cast Windburst during Marksmanship's opener? That made sense to me before, but now that Windburst scales with mastery and hits even harder than either Aimed Shot or Marked Shot during Vulnerable, I feel like it'd be more damage to cast it during Trueshot for the possible crit. Am I wrong here?