Deleted
    It's a pity that the site that analyzes logs isn't set for BM. I'd be interested in seeing how much damage in a given fight did Crow would do if used on CD as opposed to delaying to buff it with BW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajesto View Post
    Yeah, I get that part.
    But should I blindly follow what the strings tell me? and in cases where its an upgrade, with low mastery, it is still good?

What is the ideal ratio of Mastery, Crit and haste?
    Right now im at 22% mastery, If i equip this piece, I go down to 20% mastery.
    And I will be up to 28% crit again.

Thanks for any answers, I am very confused about whats "ideal"
    Wow man, you are handling advice dreadfully. Here... let me do the work for you since you uncapable of reading or doing amount of work yourself.

The guide says the following:

"Pawn is an add-on that calculates the value of items based on the stat weights you input for your character. We recommend this Pawn string, maintained by Azortharion, which has all the up to date stat weights needed.

This is considered the most convenient way of choosing gear, and it will choose the correct piece of gear 98% of the time. If you want to be 100% sure that you are making the right gear choice (especially when talking extremely small differences), using SimCraft with its corresponding Addon to make gear choices will always be slightly better."

Experience playing your class will tell you if its a 1-2% upgrade and you're losing your most significant stat, you can assume the change may not be worth it due to what your top stat does overall. If you want a much better idea of what you should do... use SimCraft. SimCraft will give you an even better idea.

Rule of thumb, if its 1-2% and you're losing your main secondary... just stick with the main secondary gear.

Updated SimCraft to fix Survival's Mastery being overvalued. My stat weights have taken this into account for a while since I knew of the bug, but I've only been able to fix it now.

https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc/commit/0abde2c857887e802e9728596481083474d86930

- - - Updated - - -

Similarly, Animal Instincts was buffed, with its Mastery bonus going up from 10% to 20%. This happens just as Mastery's value was cut in half in SimCraft with the above thing, though, so nothing actually ends up changing for the talent. xd

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...89f88cf0b4404e
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2016-10-11 at 06:06 PM.

Time Walking rings have agil on them, anyone able to sim these and see if they are better?

Is it worth 8ilvls and 2 unleash the beast relic traits as BM vs 2 jaws of thunder relic traits and losing that 8ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey92 View Post
    Time Walking rings have agil on them, anyone able to sim these and see if they are better?
    Why would they be? They are just rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Why would they be? They are just rings.
    Legion rings dont have agility and these do, just curious to see if the agil outweighs the loss of secondary.

Of course it doesn't, because they lose as much in secondaries as they gain in Agility.

some survival buffs on the new ptr

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Updated SimCraft to fix Survival's Mastery being overvalued. My stat weights have taken this into account for a while since I knew of the bug, but I've only been able to fix it now.

https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc/commit/0abde2c857887e802e9728596481083474d86930

- - - Updated - - -

Similarly, Animal Instincts was buffed, with its Mastery bonus going up from 10% to 20%. This happens just as Mastery's value was cut in half in SimCraft with the above thing, though, so nothing actually ends up changing for the talent. xd

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...89f88cf0b4404e
    What changes were made to survival mastery?

Hello,

Long time fan. Is there a guide out there that explains how someone can do some simulations? I received a ring which, apart from the usual stats, also has a buff to auto attacks by 10%. This ring is 15 ilvls higher than the ring it would replace but does not have any mastery on it. (The ring it would replace does have mastery). My armory is here and the new ring is here. I would like to simulate the dps difference because I dont think PWN is able to leverage the 10% increased autoattacks in its calculation and it is telling me my current ring is better than the new one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBJojo View Post
    Hello,

Long time fan. Is there a guide out there that explains how someone can do some simulations? I received a ring which, apart from the usual stats, also has a buff to auto attacks by 10%. This ring is 15 ilvls higher than the ring it would replace but does not have any mastery on it. (The ring it would replace does have mastery). My armory is here and the new ring is here. I would like to simulate the dps difference because I dont think PWN is able to leverage the 10% increased autoattacks in its calculation and it is telling me my current ring is better than the new one.

Thanks
    pretty sure simcraft has a big guide on how to sim

Quote Originally Posted by marjolaine View Post
    Is it worth 8ilvls and 2 unleash the beast relic traits as BM vs 2 jaws of thunder relic traits and losing that 8ilvl?
    Don't know what ilvl and slot of relics you are getting. As a general non-answer, the most optimal relic setup for BM I can find from drops in Emerald Nightmare is Storm relic from Ursoc (pack leader), Arcane from Xavius (jaws of thunder), and Iron off spider boss (beast cleave trait).

Can't find a good single target relic for Iron from EM, the beast cleave trait is pretty useful, and farming mythic+ for some sick titanforged relic is pretty much a waste of time.

Deleted
    So... timewarped trinkets are a thing now. But I have some problems running them in my Sim because I can't select the right one (especially not warforged versions)

I got a +1000 haste and +4000 atk power *proc chance* (which is basically +4000 agility right?), itemlevel 835
    That sounds amazing. How good is it compared to a 850 Bloodthirst (which is ~1200 agility and a ~3k haste proc) for example

Or a 840/850 stat trinket?

You can use the ilevel=XXX parameter on the item line in SimCraft to set the item level without needing to mess with bonus ID's.

I'm struggling with how to use barrage on single target; I've been trying to follow the guide's general advice to use it outside of vulnerable windows, but there aren't many places in the rotation (using patient sniper) where I have both a gap in vulnerable uptime and also enough focus to use barrage. I'll use SW > AS > MS > AS > AS and now vulnerable is falling off, but I lack the focus for a barrage cast. If I use another sidewinders immediately to recover focus it'll be a while before I can consume another market targets proc. Should barrage just replace the first AS during vulnerable when available? i.e. SW > Barrage > MS > AS?

It's more of a "if there's an obvious way to prevent casting Barrage during Vulnerable right now, do it".

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I got a +1000 haste and +4000 atk power *proc chance* (which is basically +4000 agility right?), itemlevel 835
    That sounds amazing.
    Shard of Contempt? Did you get a result? I also got an 835 and curious how strong it is. Couldn't find an uptime on the proc in legion.

What is better for single target +48 Spitting cobras or +42 Pack Leader?

So, me and another hunter are both MM. I was doing better damage then he was. Then on the final boss of the night, he was wreckin me. He got no upgrades. I checked out the logs and his aimed shots were hitting for more then mine on average. Only thing I can think of is low cast numbers on Sidewinders. So, should I just be casting that on cd nearly at all times?

Also, he brought up an interesting question. The legendary waist says it increases your aimed shots damage for each target hit by multishot. Does that proc count for sidewinders hitting targets? He said the legendary boots don't proc off of sidewinders, and they say something similar. This is for MM hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?