Well i think all the problem concerning the latest Azor ban was misunderstanding.
    The guy is a BM hunter (limiting himself to one spec), while Azor is a hunter overall and he went a bit mad, when he saw that a hunter could do so much better on the boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    I just received an 880 Aran's, and I'm not sure which trinket. I would rather use for single target fights. My second one is an Unstable Arcanocrystal 865 /w socket, which I'm fairly sure I should keep, but the one I'm not sure about replacing is an 875 Ethereal Urn. According to the guide an 860 Aran's with no set should beat out the 875 urn but when I sim I get different results (-5k DPS with crows and -2k with Barrage if using Aran's over Urn). Is this an user error on my part when running sims or is it just that the Urn works better with my gear setup (I'm aware that different trinket setups may be stronger or weaker depending on your gear)? This - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%AEr/simple - is my character, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Went ahead and updated simcraft (didn't think one build too old would matter that much), Aran's is now reliably simulating ~5k ahead of Urn ST. Was the trinket broken in older versions of simcraft?
    yep in the older version the trinket is not well implemented

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    yep in the older version the trinket is not well implemented
    Yeah, decided to do what I should have done at first and read the last few pages of the thread. Apparently the RPPM had almost been doubled in simcraft.

Deleted
    Sorry if it's a dumb question but when I compare classes and the aran trinket I ve noticed that the proc rate is higher in simcraft for mages for instance compared to hunter.
    I don't really understand why it would be the case.
    Does it really make sense and is it really what we could observe in game?

Deleted
    (Beast Mastery) Spiritbound now increases the player's damage, Hati's damage, and the player's pet damage by 5%, then increases by 0.5% for every additional point put into the Infinite Progression Artifact Trait.
    Small buff

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yay no BM hunter buffs for 7.1.5

Deleted
    MM nerfs, however... If this is real, makes MM EXTREME shit to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    MM nerfs, however... If this is real, makes MM EXTREME shit to play.
    Not... really, though. Changes are essentially:

Aimed shot now does the same damage WITHOUT vulnerable, as it did WITH. With vulnerable, Aimed shot is doing double the dmg of what it's doing on live.

Marked shot is unchanged - HOWEVER, it no longer seems to benefit from vulnerable on PTR (just 300K crits with and without vulnerable, while on live it's 300K vs 750K - the tooltip on ptr DOES state that marked shot is affected, but it's very clearly not changing at all).

Sidewinders no longer applies vulnerable. It does apply marking targets to everything, so our cleave is still there (ish).

End result:

Marked shot nerfed from 375K to 150K base for me, roughly (as you never shot it without vulnerable).
    Aimed shot damage buffed by 100% during vulnerable (which will be more rare) but outside unchanged.
    Sidewinders give 15 focus less per charge.
    You get to pick explosive shot, sentinel or the new patient sniper to increase damage.

Barrage on main target nerfed to do same dmg as all other targets (cut in half).

All in all, it makes MM less bursty on AOE (Marked shot no longer does incredible damage on spread targets), likely buffs singletarget a FAIR bit, and makes you less reliant on picking sidewinders for every fight (as focus cost is reduced and it no longer gives vulnerable). Spread cleave takes a HUGE hit.

Edit: Turns out dummies count as out-of-combat despite being hit. Doing double dmg to them, rip.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2016-11-15 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    The damage on the Patient Sniper debuff remains the same, just that you have to dump at its higher stacks, not earlier stacks. You basically play a constant rune of power;ish type playstyle. Its not fun in my eyes. This is early iterations, just have to wait and see what they do

Deleted
    You're mistaken. The buff to Aimed Shot is more like 10%. The reason you're seeing those numbers on Aimed Shot is due to the new effect where Aimed Shot does 100% bonus damge against targets not in combat. Target dummies always count as being out of combat for some reason.

All in all, this is probably a nerf to our single target due to reduced Vuln uptime and focus regen, and an enormous nerf to cleave due to SW no longer applying Vuln.

I do like how they nerf the shit out of us, and then put a useless buff on an ability so it makes it really difficult to test how badly we were fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

Aimed shot now does the same damage WITHOUT vulnerable, as it did WITH. With vulnerable, Aimed shot is doing double the dmg of what it's doing on live.

Marked shot is unchanged - HOWEVER, it no longer seems to benefit from vulnerable on PTR (just 300K crits with and without vulnerable, while on live it's 300K vs 750K - the tooltip on ptr DOES state that marked shot is affected, but it's very clearly not changing at all).

Sidewinders no longer applies vulnerable. It does apply marking targets to everything, so our cleave is still there (ish).

End result:

Marked shot nerfed from 375K to 150K base for me, roughly (as you never shot it without vulnerable).
    Aimed shot damage buffed by 100% during vulnerable (which will be more rare) but outside unchanged.
    You get to pick explosive shot, sentinel or the new patient sniper to increase damage.

Barrage on main target nerfed to do same dmg as all other targets (cut in half).

All in all, it makes MM less bursty on AOE (Marked shot no longer does incredible damage on spread targets), likely buffs singletarget a FAIR bit, and makes you less reliant on picking sidewinders for every fight (as focus cost is reduced and it no longer gives vulnerable). Spread cleave takes a HUGE hit.

Edit: Turns out dummies count as out-of-combat despite being hit. Doing double dmg to them, rip.
    So in other words..

End result: Any and every shred of appeal the spec had is now gone. We now went from good AOE and mediocre ST to shitty ST and shitty AOE. I'm just about ready to unsubscribe, hopefully they will revoke/change some of these changes before we hit live.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    So in other words..

End result: Any and every shred of appeal the spec had is now gone. We now went from good AOE and mediocre ST to shitty ST and shitty AOE. I'm just about ready to unsubscribe, hopefully they will revoke/change some of these changes before we hit live.
    But you get to play the new melee spec! Aren't you exited about that?

Apparently, using a tanking training dummy like the one in WoD garrison counts as in combat (though you will have bullseye up after a few second if you use the garrison one).

I'm confused about the MM rotation. It says:

Cast Marked Shot Icon Marked Shot when it is available, but only if you will not be able to cast another Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot before the currently active Vulnerable Icon Vulnerable debuff expires, and still be able to land a Marked Shot before Vulnerable expires
    Which I take to mean "cast as many AiS as I can before casting MS", but further down, it says

Sidewinders Icon Sidewinders → Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot → Marked Shot Icon Marked Shot → Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot until Vulnerable Icon Vulnerable expires. Then follow the rules in the rotation for when to cast Sidewinders Icon Sidewinders.
    so it's telling you to cast MS after 1 AiS, where you can get in at least 2 AiS (depending on haste, bloodlust, etc)?

Which is right?

Also, suppose I cast MS and then dump all my focus into AiS, then I have no focus left to do anything. Should I wait out the Vulnerable and cast another AiS if I can, or should I cast SW given marking targets buff if available before vulnerable ends?

I take it that the WoD rule "never stop casting stuff" doesn't apply anymore?

Deleted
    mates, go BM. Its damage is fine. Just pet management that sucks, no weird vulnerable windows with no aoe on demand!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

End result:

So, you're saying it's a nerf. We might get slightly better ST with good RNG, but we are losing one of the specs drawing points with spread cleave/AoE. We are also turning into one of those classes that will ask for a tome to change abilities almost every encounter. Not arguing, but I think what's happening is Blizzard trying to listen to the players and make the spec more complex, and they are going overboard in their "RNG is fun" mentality while trying to appease outspoken players.
    The biggest issue I think right now is most people are not on PTR (myself included) and the changes on paper appear to be a huge hit. We already encounter some downtime during fights, and now it appears more. SW giving 40 focus instead of 55 increases the downtime window. MS not gaining damage from Vilnerability (if not bugged) means it will more than likely be just a free damage button IF we can use it outside of Vulnerable windows. Vulnerable also becoming either RNG or only when we use WB can be horrible to our damage when we used to have it up for 95-99% of the fight (barring downtime). Barrage gets taken out of ST more than likely which makes us have to choose for highest ST ability or for an ability we only use on add waves; with Blizzqrds penchant for encounter design, this is only 1 fight that's pure ST, so now we will be sitting on Barrage again like previous xpacs, which makes no vulnerable window more noticable as we don't have a filler ability if SW is down. Going back to SW, the nerf to focus return shows a bigger gap in downtime as we use it once, and have the very real possibility of usain't 1 ability and then waiting for seconds on end to use another.

10+ Year Old Account
    mates, go BM. Its damage is fine. Just pet management that sucks, no weird vulnerable windows with no aoe on demand!
    Pet pathing errors in Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold called, they want MM back.

They just need to make pet traveling speed more faster. I know we all don't want to use blink strike.Why can't we have blink strike baseline for bm? That's not hard to think of it. Plus pet pathing is so horrible that we have to /petassist n /petpassive so many times. It's just plain annoying n hassle.

Would Aimed Shot applying Vulnerable fix the spec? I mean at that point it would come down to Focus management and Hunter Mark procs would save us Focus.