Just got my third mm legendary and they're sephuz, roots, and blasting cap :/. Which set of leggos is going to be best for me? here is my simmed dps for each: sephuz +roots = 369970 blast + roots 368102 sephuz + blast 366513. Should i value the added stats from roots more or the potential for procs on sephuz/blast?

Personally I'm hedging my bets and filling out both MM and BM, currently 33 MM and 30 BM (refuse to go SV cos melee). I figure at least that way I'm good to go regardless of how the numbers fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Galava View Post
    Just got my third mm legendary and they're sephuz, roots, and blasting cap :/. Which set of leggos is going to be best for me? here is my simmed dps for each: sephuz +roots = 369970 blast + roots 368102 sephuz + blast 366513. Should i value the added stats from roots more or the potential for procs on sephuz/blast?

Way I see it, depends on the situation. Sense bursting shot procs the ring, The wrist + Ring will be great for trash. Other than that I suppose the Legs+Wrist for boss fights unless it is CC'able add heavy. I'd make 2 gear sets based on those.

So with the changes to secondaries... How much of a drop will the Unstable Arcanocrystal be DPS wise? I have an 865 Mastery stat stick and it. Haven't really putt much effort into getting new trinkets. Should I start farming a replacement for the Arcanocrystal?

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    So with the changes to secondaries... How much of a drop will the Unstable Arcanocrystal be DPS wise? I have an 865 Mastery stat stick and it. Haven't really putt much effort into getting new trinkets. Should I start farming a replacement for the Arcanocrystal?
    I don't understand the point of asking this question before the ptr changes are finalized. For all we know tomorrow they could adjust secondary stats again and the answer your change within 1 day.

Patience. When the time comes for the patch with the final changes, the guide will be updated then. Until then, there's no point doing tons of working and numbers testing on numbers that will likely not remain correct all the way thru to when the patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    I don't understand the point of asking this question before the ptr changes are finalized. For all we know tomorrow they could adjust secondary stats again and the answer your change within 1 day.

Patience. When the time comes for the patch with the final changes, the guide will be updated then. Until then, there's no point doing tons of working and numbers testing on numbers that will likely not remain correct all the way thru to when the patch goes live.
    Isn't that the point of the Patch Testing Realm? To test?

Deleted
    @Guy with trinket questions, you really should be getting a BTI regardless of what and quite Possibly Aran with chest. I'm personally torn about my trinkets too.

I've got a 880Socket chest I can use to ditch 875 Nightbane one, as well as Aran ruby and use BTI 880 with Urn 880 when and if the BTI drops. I know the aran is beastly but dunno, I really hate locking myself to 2 items, and I doubt the difference is that big with a BTI/Urn vs Aran/BTI xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    @Guy with trinket questions, you really should be getting a BTI regardless of what and quite Possibly Aran with chest. I'm personally torn about my trinkets too.

I've got a 880Socket chest I can use to ditch 875 Nightbane one, as well as Aran ruby and use BTI 880 with Urn 880 when and if the BTI drops. I know the aran is beastly but dunno, I really hate locking myself to 2 items, and I doubt the difference is that big with a BTI/Urn vs Aran/BTI xD
    Aran's will shit on Urn with the chest. I've got an 880 one with the chest and during Trueshot the proc crits for over 1.5m.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    Aran's will shit on Urn with the chest. I've got an 880 one with the chest and during Trueshot the proc crits for over 1.5m.
    IF it procs, which is pretty rare (if not on start of the fight), and bigger is - it crits, chance being usually lower than 30%

So it may generate insane numbers, but in terms of stability on ST it's meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerron View Post
    IF it procs, which is pretty rare (if not on start of the fight), and bigger is - it crits, chance being usually lower than 30%

It has stats too you know... you are trading ~1.6k agility for the proc.

1.6k agility is about ~6% overall-agility (at least if I remember correctly, pretty sure I had about ~26k in 885 last time I checked)
    Aran (especially with Nightbane) will always be somewhere between 5-10% overall damage, even on ST.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-07 at 11:52 AM.

You are forgetting tons of haste from BTI with stable 40% uptime, which is huge, and my 865 aran is doing like 3-4% on st (w/o chest ofc). With chest it is ok, I guess, but it has to be WF/TF chest + WF/TF aran to beat 880+ chest and BTI (or 890 from HoV).

And, for example, NST (naraxas) is doing even more than aran on st but somehow isnt considered that good.

Deleted
    So i got:
    875 tirions
    880 vers/agi stat stick
    865 BTI with slot
    860 ruby + chest
    Sims say i should take statstick + bti
    But azor says statstick + ruby (though that sims 20k lower).

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Deleted

The proc is not rare. This thing blows trinkets such as the good ol' Naraxxas out of the water. On average I'd say it's 5 - 7% of your total damage ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    So i got:
    875 tirions
    880 vers/agi stat stick
    865 BTI with slot
    860 ruby + chest

Make sure you have the latest version of SimC and then check Aran's again.

You are forgetting tons of haste from BTI with stable 40% uptime, which is huge, and my 865 aran is doing like 3-4% on st (w/o chest ofc). With chest it is ok, I guess, but it has to be WF/TF chest + WF/TF aran to beat 880+ chest and BTI (or 890 from HoV).

And, for example, NST (naraxas) is doing even more than aran on st but somehow isnt considered that good.
    Have a hard time believing that. In my experience it's the opposite. Aran's outperforms Naraxxas both ST and MT. And I've had and used both extensively.

Item levels are obviously also relevant. My 880 Aran's + 880 chest beats out 885 BTI + 890 chest (crit/mastery one from elerethe).

With that being said, 860 Aran's > 860 Naraxxas imo. Arguably the same perhaps without chest, but with chest Aran's easily.
    Last edited by mmoc77f24adff0; 2016-12-07 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    So i got:
    875 tirions
    880 vers/agi stat stick
    865 BTI with slot
    860 ruby + chest

arans + bti.. rest is vendor trash

Naraxas assumes all procs happen at max range for max damage. In reality, that's not ever likely to happen outside of farm with special privileges to not stack with the raid. That's why the sim is good but the trinket isn't.

i am talking irl, not sims. But you are right, ilvl usually is what matters, for example my 890BTI+880 urn will never be outperformed by chestless 865 aran on st. And in multi - i duno again, aside from illgynoth or dragons aran is never guaranteed to proc on short stacked multitarget window

Deleted

Well... I wouldn't set it up against BTI, because BTI is above the stat-stick curve too due to how often it procs.
    BTI is pretty much a must have imho, unless it's a 20ilvl difference... even then I'd hesitate to switch it out (especially if it's not a haste or mastery statstick), honestly. The haste proc is *that* nice and makes so many things better.

I was talking about Urn(or a similar statsick) vs Aran specifically.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-07 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    I got 860 Aran's + Chest, 875 Urn and 865 BTI. Should I use 875 Urn + 865 BTI for ST & 860 Aran's + 875 Urn for MT then?
    Last edited by mmocb2d133a9f5; 2016-12-07 at 02:18 PM.

So, I'm terrible at simming if anyone can help...which would be better for min/max? I've been extremely lucky the last few days and I now have an 895 chest with 507haste/1037 mastery, an 860 Aran's Ruby, and I just got an 875 NB chest with 563haste/870mastery.
    Would it be better to go with the chest trinket combo or does the 895 beat it out, especially if I get lucky at some point and get a mythic BTI?

Deleted
    arans without chest is 4k behind arans with set. 20 ilvl chest shoudl be pretty much 4k as well. BTI is 150dps ahead of arans without set in ST and way below arans on MT. ild just pass BTI if i had arans + arcanocrystal.