I'm starting to lean towards Dire Stable now even on ST because of the mantle/owtp/4pc spamming so much dire beasts out that I have constant BW but no focus to use in it. I more often than not substitute cobras with DBs for KC resets(i also have boots)

So with a major focus drought and the fact I replace alot of cobras with DB I'm just not seeing the value from WotC anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I'm starting to lean towards Dire Stable now even on ST because of the mantle/owtp/4pc spamming so much dire beasts out that I have constant BW but no focus to use in it. I more often than not substitute cobras with DBs for KC resets(i also have boots)

So with a major focus drought and the fact I replace alot of cobras with DB I'm just not seeing the value from WotC anymore.
    They start shifting around once you get to certain crit thresholds. As you say, once you find yourself spamming DB and only using CS to reset KC, it might be more beneficial to go DS.

However, even without DS I find myself struggling to avoid capping focus.

I know AMR is considered taboo round these parts, but its back giving AotB huge numbers compared to KC for me.

Code:
    		KC	Aotb
    WotC		699089	738659
    DS		698438	723430
    Other talents were static - Stomp/OwtP/Crows
    Leggos - Mantle/Boots

I only used AotB on M-Skorp this week, so don't have any ST use cases for myself yet. Anyone actually seeing this kind of ST benefit?
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-02-16 at 02:14 PM.

I know AMR is considered taboo round these parts, but its back giving AotB huge numbers compared to KC for me.

Code:
    		KC	Aotb
    WotC		699089	738659
    DS		698438	723430
    Other talents were static - Stomp/OwtP/Crows
    Leggos - Mantle/Boots

I only used AotB on M-Skorp this week, so don't have any ST use cases for myself yet. Anyone actually seeing this kind of ST benefit?
    It's 30K behind KC for me according to SimCraft, but I'll do some more in-game testing later today. I used AotB on Botanist Heroic last night, but outside of that and possibly Skorpyron as you say I don't see it beating KC if SimCraft is accurate.

There's a reason AMR is taboo, so it's baffling that you'd attribute meaning to the numbers it's spitting out. :S

Hey @Azortharion - if you found a bug, can you let me know. I just double checked our simulator to logs and it appears to be matching up well.

Here is a top 1% player, Meliorah:

Krosus log: 727,317 DPS
    AMR Krosus script: 732,603 DPS

I checked a few other logs and we usually sim about 1-2% higher than the people in the top 1%. And we sim below the people who rank in the to 20 (as we should, because they got lucky streaks, which get evened out in a simulator).

I'm not seeing anything wrong with these quick tests. But I can look into this more thoroughly just to be sure, in the chance there's an edge case not performing right.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Azor, just watched one of your boss videos. What weakauras import are you using for your focus bar with vulnerable/patient sniper segments? Sorry if already asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
    Azor, just watched one of your boss videos. What weakauras import are you using for your focus bar with vulnerable/patient sniper segments? Sorry if already asked.
    Don't have the link on hand but it's in the icy veins guide somewhere.

I'm sorry if it has been asked before, but as BM Mastery is our best stat by a small bit, but why is the haste stat-stick ranked higher than the mastery one?
    There could be something im just missing, but I made an account on here specifically to ask why lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfy-SM View Post
    I'm sorry if it has been asked before, but as BM Mastery is our best stat by a small bit, but why is the haste stat-stick ranked higher than the mastery one?
    There could be something im just missing, but I made an account on here specifically to ask why lol
    When you say mastery is our best stat you are both right and wrong. Our stat values are not set in stone.

As we get more mastery, it increases our crit/haste values to the point that they tip over; and become a bigger dps increase than adding even more mastery.
    The trinket sims are done with the same equipped set (usually the "bis", w/o legendarys @ a certain ilvl like 900.)

Imagine like; 95% mastery 18% crit 11% haste ( with 4 pice).
    Here, yes you would hit harder. But dire beast procs would be extremely rare, your pets would attack slower, the gcd would be longer; and limit killer cobra.
    In a situation like that; an influx of haste or crit would be much stronger.

Join hunter discord (sticky near the top of the hunter forum).
    Last edited by Ettan; 2017-02-19 at 09:26 AM.

I have 79,85% mastery (10995), 23,42 % haste (8792), 19,75% crit (3501). 882 ilvl with leg belt and boots. Beastaster.

My question is about the trinkets : i have the arcanocrystal at 890 ilvl, the trinket from nightbane (1634 agi and 1075 mastery). I just got BTI at ilvl 865 so judgin by the chart I should replace the nightbane trinket with my BTI, correct ?

tyvm

Homophobia is so gay.

Ohh, okay, yeah that makes sense, thanks for the reply!
    I guess my next question is, and I know every character may be different depending on their stat weights, but I do have the 4 piece and the legendary shoulders *ducks for flying shoes* I have a mastery and a haste stat-stick both 860 both with a gem slot. Is there a number I want to keep an eye out for in mastery where I swap over to say haste?
    I will also join the discord at some point, thanks for the suggestion there too.

Random question from someone who only ever raided as a BM hunter alt.

Do you guys miss casted cobra shot in the BM playstyle? It 'felt' better to me to have that cast time use the global then hit an instant when it finishes. Maybe its just me but I cannot get used to instant cobra shot.

The question came up before, its more a feel thing really than anything.

Cobra is only used now for two reasons;
    1. To dump focus @ 90 or more
    2. To reset kill command during bestial wrath (/w killer cobra talent)

I get what you mean by casting instants after a cast time skill, such as how casters do, but BM is more like playing a melee spec(fully mobile and all instant casts) but while your damage comes from melee(pet) your just standing in the ranged camp instead of melee camp. Its a pretty unique style, I always think playing BM is like remotely controlling a melee spec :P

Marks still has some of this style if your looking for it though, due to aimed shot cast times while marked shot, multishot and arcane shot are instant and you'll generally follow the end of your aimed shot windows with instant focus generators.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-02-21 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Random question from someone who only ever raided as a BM hunter alt.

Do you guys miss casted cobra shot in the BM playstyle? It 'felt' better to me to have that cast time use the global then hit an instant when it finishes. Maybe its just me but I cannot get used to instant cobra shot.
    It was weird to me at first too. But you get used to it pretty fast.

Homophobia is so gay.

I picked up the chest off scorpyron today its 900 ilvl titanforged and i currently have a heroic warforged 895 tier piece and i also picked up a heroic 890 helm off krosus and i currently have the tier piece 875 helm and those two complete my 4 piece does anyone know if i should keep my 4 piece or switch to the new pieces which according to pawn are 28% upgrade.

Deleted
    Simcraft will guide you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapeed View Post
    I picked up the chest off scorpyron today its 900 ilvl titanforged and i currently have a heroic warforged 895 tier piece and i also picked up a heroic 890 helm off krosus and i currently have the tier piece 875 helm and those two complete my 4 piece does anyone know if i should keep my 4 piece or switch to the new pieces which according to pawn are 28% upgrade.
    The % you see in pawn is for that slot only, to get a more accurate ideea of the upgrade divide that % to the number of slots that's 15 and you get almost 2% in your case. Now decide if 2% is worth loosing the bonus.

Tier completion will be the greater upgrade, but the chest is BiS off piece so hold on to it until you can get the optimal tier slots - Helm/Gloves/Legs/Cape

Tier completion will be the greater upgrade, but the chest is BiS off piece so hold on to it until you can get the optimal tier slots - Helm/Gloves/Legs/Cape
    Have you found the 4pc to be that good? I found that towards the end of my TS it makes me able to get in an extra AiS or two where I would otherwise be using more arcanes to get focus, but that's about it. Pretty lackluster in my opinion.