Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Click the link in the OP, it covers exactly this topic perfectly.
    if im asking here is because i already read the guide, i just have a question that can be answered here.

Quote Originally Posted by darkblitzrc View Post
    if im asking here is because i already read the guide, i just have a question that can be answered here.
    The question is answered in the guide so read the guide

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Because PTR tooltips are an excellent way of projecting how things will behave in the future right? Give me a break with this weak sauce.
    Still better than making shit up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Guys, my Hunter is fairly low geared (below 650) and i'm gonna do some Tanaan soloing with him and gear him up, now I'm planning on going Lonewolf MM in raiding enviorment. But what's recommended during Tanaan? BM, or Exotic/focusing shot as MM?

And if I go BM I don't need to change my loot specialization to MM right?

Oh and should I go MM lonewolf early in raid too?
    Depends what you're going for. If you want to go mainstream dps, sure go for lonewolf MM. But personally for progression, I'd prefer a spec that's a little more beneficial to the raid which doesn't include sniping kill shots and lack of consistent multi target damage.

Quote Originally Posted by darkblitzrc View Post
    Guys i have a question, my hunter has the T18 set and should i go for the powershot with lonewolf? or barrage with focusing shot OR barrage with Lonewolf?

Right now i ran 2 kind of tests i will post results just to see what you guys say. At ilvl 701 with the t18 set i did on SINGLE TARGET DPS:
    Lonewolf+Powershot = 10m damage (40.1kdps)

Focusing SHot+ Barrage = 10m damage(49.1kdps)

Now it gets interesting with 3 targets, i am using the 10million damage as a range to test these:

With Lonewolf + Powershot = 10m damage (45kdps)
    With Focusing Shot+Barrage= 10m damage (55k dps)

I am starting to think its better to use focusing shot since the t18 set uses alot of aim shots on the target.

i wanna know what you guys think.
    I'm going to guess that you did your "testing" on target dummies in your garrison (single target) and in stormshield/warspear (3 targets). You have to realize that fighting target dummies gives a very skewed representation of your dps, because target dummies never drop below 80% health (hell, I'd wager to say they don't drop below 95% health even), giving 100% careful aim uptime, meaning an additional 50% crit rate to Aimed Shot, putting AiS's crit rate to 85-90%+ and nearly guaranteeing the 20 focus return on each cast. This alone is enough to skew your dps to be pretty far away from what it actually would be like on a 1/3 Target fight. Not only that, but you are also missing 6/8 relevant raid buffs, as you alone can only provide 2 of them (1 being AP from Trueshot Aura, the other being of your choice from Lone Wolf/pet), which is also lending a hand to misrepresent what your dps would be like. And finally, you also have 100% Sniper Training uptime, something that can't be guaranteed in any practical environment (ie. raids or dungeons or PvP). Not to mention the fact that you'd should be using Barrage on a 3 target fight whether you're taking Lone Wolf or Focusing Shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnogga View Post
    Thanks Obamatharion.
    quoted for the truth.

Reddit hunter AMA mentioned Volley making a return as a talent for BM and MM hunters.

Now all we need is Eyes of the Beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Depends what you're going for. If you want to go mainstream dps, sure go for lonewolf MM. But personally for progression, I'd prefer a spec that's a little more beneficial to the raid which doesn't include sniping kill shots and lack of consistent multi target damage.
    You must be a troll or idiot - or both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    You must be a troll or idiot - or both.
    I'm sorry ? Not sure what you're trying to get through.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2015-11-10 at 03:27 AM.

Especially for progression MM is the most beneficial spec to the raid currently. It's 'mainstream DPS' because it's simply the best Hunter spec at the moment. So by saying that MM is less beneficial to the raid than BM/SV is either pure trolling or showing that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
    Last edited by chooi; 2015-11-10 at 04:27 AM.

MM hunters hate him! See how this man revolutionized WoD hunter raiding forever!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orthios View Post
    I'm going to guess that you did your "testing" on target dummies in your garrison (single target) and in stormshield/warspear (3 targets). You have to realize that fighting target dummies gives a very skewed representation of your dps, because target dummies never drop below 80% health (hell, I'd wager to say they don't drop below 95% health even), giving 100% careful aim uptime, meaning an additional 50% crit rate to Aimed Shot, putting AiS's crit rate to 85-90%+ and nearly guaranteeing the 20 focus return on each cast. This alone is enough to skew your dps to be pretty far away from what it actually would be like on a 1/3 Target fight. Not only that, but you are also missing 6/8 relevant raid buffs, as you alone can only provide 2 of them (1 being AP from Trueshot Aura, the other being of your choice from Lone Wolf/pet), which is also lending a hand to misrepresent what your dps would be like. And finally, you also have 100% Sniper Training uptime, something that can't be guaranteed in any practical environment (ie. raids or dungeons or PvP). Not to mention the fact that you'd should be using Barrage on a 3 target fight whether you're taking Lone Wolf or Focusing Shot.
    Who needs 100% CA to get 85% crit rates? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2qHkmWtcFyX81Pj9#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=8

For this tier, MM is simply the best spec. I would even argue that MM is currently the best spec in the game for progression right now.

There is only one real fight with consistent AoE, and that is Xhul, but that fight also plays to mm's strengths for killing the two unstable void fiends before the next pair spawns. Imp damage is really best handled by melee, mages, and warlocks. There's really only one spec in the game with 2 target cleave, high burst and 35% executes necessary to keep that aspect of the fight under control. Other fights mostly have such short add waves that a CS and barrage is about all the time you're going to have for aoe anyway.

So, MM has a monstrous 2 target cleave for clumped targets, and an extremely powerful execute that helps push through all boss frenzies, which often start at 30% and out of execute range for most classes. MM is quite possibly the strongest position we've ever been for progression in a tier.

In the absence of cleave of others, Marksmanship is perfectly of acceptable imp damage through Barrage and clever use of Mirror, which is only a few seconds of effort and 60 focus every half-minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    In the absence of cleave of others, Marksmanship is perfectly of acceptable imp damage through Barrage and clever use of Mirror, which is only a few seconds of effort and 60 focus every half-minute or so.
    Barrage is actually perfect for the imps, what with a 25 second spawn timer meaning you get a few seconds between each barrage to line up the focus etc to fire it off. I'd say you should probably be using the barrage at that point either way in most circumstances, as there'll be 2 main-target bosses up (unless void fiends desperately needs you to fire an aimed and a steady shot at them instead during that time).

Ideally your strat allows you to stand at range so that you can get 2 bosses, 3 imps, and 2 Unstable Voidfiends within all or most Barrages.

Barrage seems to pick up new targets as you face them, but don't stop shooting at them if you turn in the other direction.

E.g. you could Barrage 3 targets directly in front of you, and turn towards another target far off to the right until Barrage starts hitting that too. Then, you can face back to the 3 main targets and it'll keep hitting the rightmost target.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Ideally your strat allows you to stand at range so that you can get 2 bosses, 3 imps, and 2 Unstable Voidfiends within all or most Barrages.

Barrage seems to pick up new targets as you face them, but don't stop shooting at them if you turn in the other direction.

E.g. you could Barrage 3 targets directly in front of you, and turn towards another target far off to the right until Barrage starts hitting that too. Then, you can face back to the 3 main targets and it'll keep hitting the rightmost target.
    Indeed. Gets a lot easier if you volunteer to kite the fiends aswell, as you can then just put them in a position where you can have them in between you and the bosses when imps spawn.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. What spec do you think is more beneficial for progression? How is AOE padding more beneficial for progression than bursting priority targets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. What spec do you think is more beneficial for progression? How is AOE padding more beneficial for progression than bursting priority targets?
    I never mentioned aoe padding. I mentioned proper distribution of damage across multiple targets in beneficial ways. Which directly translates to multi dotting aka SV. BM has many benefits (more notably, it's aoe) but SV multi dot damage and how well is distributes, esp with tier sets + class trinkets is a strength in the spec.

I never mentioned aoe padding. I mentioned proper distribution of damage across multiple targets in beneficial ways. Which directly translates to multi dotting aka SV. BM has many benefits (more notably, it's aoe) but SV multi dot damage and how well is distributes, esp with tier sets + class trinkets is a strength in the spec.
    troooollllll

Hey,
    guys would you mind telling me which trinket is BiS for MM single-target? and why?
    another question which ability is better to kill adds spawns during fights A Murder of Crows or Stampede?
    Thanks.

Deleted
    And in which encounter(s) in HFC is this beneficial in any way? (Just ignoring the fact, that SV is miles behind BM and MM in terms of raw DMG output as well as burst damage/execute which is what HFC is all about.)

Maybe you can even provide logs, where you show that SV outperforms MM in distributing damage in beneficial ways.