Finally! After 6 weeks I got my 4P bonus. I'm seeing nearly 10K difference in my DPS. Granted I've only been able to test on target dummy, but I've been told the 4P bonus is anywhere from 7K to 10K increase.

Edit: So are we no longer using FS with the 4P? Just wondering because Sim craft is showing a about a 4K DPS difference from LW and FS with FS the one pulling ahead.
    Last edited by NoClueWhatToDo; 2015-07-30 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Finally! After 6 weeks I got my 4P bonus. I'm seeing nearly 10K difference in my DPS. Granted I've only been able to test on target dummy, but I've been told the 4P bonus is anywhere from 7K to 10K increase.

Edit: So are we no longer using FS with the 4P? Just wondering because Sim craft is showing a about a 4K DPS difference from LW and FS with FS the one pulling ahead.
    FS is better on any fight with medium-heavy movement and occasional to frequent cleave, as well as any fight with priority adds.

Play Lone Wolf on every fight except Fel Lord.

Deleted
    I realise Stampede is the talent of choice at present, but I've read that aMoC isn't far behind on fights where you have opportunity to reset cooldowns a lot. Now that I have the legendary ring, I wonder if it's worth switching to aMoCs so I can synchronise it with the ring buff (they share the same 2 min cd)? I guess it may depend on the length of the fight, but - in general - is 3 x Ring Use with 3 aMoCs better than 3 x Ring Use with 2 Stampedes. Thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    FS is better on any fight with medium-heavy movement and occasional to frequent cleave, as well as any fight with priority adds.

Play Lone Wolf on every fight except Fel Lord.
    Not particularly the case, top 5 hunters on Fel Lord are all using LW

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7&class=Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMrsGibs View Post
    I realise Stampede is the talent of choice at present, but I've read that aMoC isn't far behind on fights where you have opportunity to reset cooldowns a lot. Now that I have the legendary ring, I wonder if it's worth switching to aMoCs so I can synchronise it with the ring buff (they share the same 2 min cd)? I guess it may depend on the length of the fight, but - in general - is 3 x Ring Use with 3 aMoCs better than 3 x Ring Use with 2 Stampedes. Thoughts anyone?
    Minor point: if you are getting AMoC resets it will likely desync with ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowes View Post
    Not particularly the case, top 5 hunters on Fel Lord are all using LW

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7&class=Hunter
    SO LW for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    SO LW for everything?
    The general consensus is that FS gives higher throughput, but LW is better for progression on just about every fight this tier because of movement and the fact that it gives a stronger boost to priority nuking. Almost everyone will be running LW for the time being, and you'll start to see more FS once people are pushing for ranks.

Deleted
    movement associated with mythic fel lord.

Hi there,

Can someone help me with my trinket decision? I'm having a heroic censer with socket, heroic fel-spring coil with socket and a mythic warforged beating heart of the mountain.

Azor's sims say that coil is the worst of those. My question is: Does the socket on the coil change anything?

I'm tending towards Beating Heart and Censer. And maybe change the Censer out on those bosses mentioned in the guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantof View Post
    The general consensus is that FS gives higher throughput, but LW is better for progression on just about every fight this tier because of movement and the fact that it gives a stronger boost to priority nuking. Almost everyone will be running LW for the time being, and you'll start to see more FS once people are pushing for ranks.
    I believe it's just the opposite. People still running FS will change to LW for ranks. The shorter the fights get the stronger LW becomes.

Thanks for taking the time to make this! super helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    I believe it's just the opposite. People still running FS will change to LW for ranks. The shorter the fights get the stronger LW becomes.
    No. LW is pretty much superior on every hfc boss fight. You can handicap yourself all you want picking focusing shot though, I dont mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    No. LW is pretty much superior on every hfc boss fight. You can handicap yourself all you want picking focusing shot though, I dont mind.
    I ment it for the rankk

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    This is not true. The margin between them does indeed tighten but lw is still going to be inferior to FS by enough to matter materially. With my current gear of about 712ish ilvl it was iirc about a 3-4k difference even at a 2 minute fight +/- 20%.

Deleted
    Weren't there sims some time ago stating that in mythic gear the difference between FS and LW were marginal or LW was even higher?

So why play FS at all? During progression the add burst capabilities of LW are superior to FS. And during farm, when you already have most of your mythic gear, LW will also be better on most fights, where you can snipe a low hp add with kill shot or cleave wit CS.

Also i wouldn't even say that you should play FS during Fel Lord progress even if FS sims higher. The only hard part is sub 30%. LW does a lot more dmg than FS sub 30, with one additional Stampede pet and higher hitting KS.

Deleted
    Problem is that on many fights adds don't live long enough and you'll have downtime if you want to keep it ready for next adds. Also, you'll want to apply aMoC asap and thus have less AS during CA (1gcd and 30 focus). It's too much trouble to be worth it.

I guess it may depend on the length of the fight, but - in general - is 3 x Ring Use with 3 aMoCs better than 3 x Ring Use with 2 Stampedes. Thoughts anyone?
    AmoC is 1 min cd and fight length doesn't really matter since Stampede is upfront damage while aMoC is catching up over time. Last, Stampede is easier to delay for CDs and it scales with haste (Bloodlust/RF), aMoC doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    Also i wouldn't even say that you should play FS during Fel Lord progress even if FS sims higher. The only hard part is sub 30%. LW does a lot more dmg than FS sub 30, with one additional Stampede pet and higher hitting KS.
    As well as mobility with random seeds.

Is it worth breaking 4 piece t17 685's for 705 with sockets and the likes?

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Is it worth breaking 4 piece t17 685's for 705 with sockets and the likes?
    Depends if the amount of like.

I have a mythic warforged chest thats 705 and has a socket but i'd break my 4 piece. I don't know if the raw stats would be worth more. I have like 4 items that are "upgrades" according to pawn but I don't know if they're better than breaking the 4 piece for.