Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    ...If you want Basic Attacks on CD, I'm pretty sure you'll have to have SF up higher than the ones you were looking it. It should come with practice. As more top parsers with the right level of gear get more practice with SF, we should see BAs at the 2.79 interval that Simcraft has for the percentage uptime. If not, we just need to tell Lokrick and the others about the discrepancy and they should issue a fix, but I don't technically see a problem here (other than that the SF uptimes are not what I was expecting to see in logs).
    Thank you, yes please . Jademcian and others helped me sort out a bug in Enhanced Basic Attack modeling. Apparently "free" really means "discounted". Instead of EBA iving a free basic attack, it resets the CD and gives -25 focus for the basic attack. The result is that a normal basic attack is free, but a "wild hunt" basic attack (where you pay 2x focus for 2x damage) still costs 25 focus. Celestalon confirmed the behavior on live (and acknowledged that the tooltip is misleading.) I've changed simc to match that, resulting in ~-300 dps for mythic, so it's not a big deal. I think the main value in enhanced basic attacks is in getting more frenzy stacks. I'd love ot see a log that verifies that EBAs proc frenzy stacks (I currently assume they do).

While doing this, I also found a small bug in which even the free basic attack was waiting for there to be enough focus for a normal basic attack. the net effect is in the noise, but might occasionally affect the timing of basic attacks and thus the timing of frenzy stacks.

Once again, Lokrick, what you are doing is extremely appreciated. Thanks for working so hard to keep the hunter module maintained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Um, I would disagree with this statement. You have been attacking most of the people in this thread. And miscommunication is a two way street. It takes a certain type of person to blame everyone else around them. Just like an infraction is rarely the fault of the mods or people you have been interacting with...

I'm glad you've at least admitted that you hang out in IRC with Azor frequently. The hunter mods of this forum are in there frequently too, btw.
    I have not "attacked" anyone. Some recognize this, others do not. The tone in which I reply takes a certain type of person to be thoroughly offended by.

I am aware that the hunter mod(*) of this forum is in there frequently, too, how come you're letting me know?

And finally, what does this have to do with the topic at hand, again? ^^

It's an odd thing to respond to someone departing from a personal disagreement or sense of conflict by claiming they are responsible, citing positive affirmations of your behavior, and then immediately stating that the direction is off-topic.

That sort of defensiveness and inability to separate your own sense of self from the discussion of objective fact is what made you misunderstand numerous things I said, by the way.

I suppose one strong benefit of an echo chamber is that it doesn't cause many disagreements though.
    Raider (Hunter) with TF on US-Hyjal Horde 7/7M HM (US 20th) - 10/10M BRF (US 21st) Armory

Deleted
    I (attempted) to defuse yet another derail of the topic at hand, enabled by myself, admittedly, but you seem eager to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooi View Post
    What RNG?

Focus Fire? Not really. You can save stacks to expend on priority targets.

Bestial Wrath resets? Not really. At a 1 minute cd (and lower, on average, because resets do happen), delaying for priority targets is much more feasible than it is for MM.

That eliminates all RNG that MM doesn't have.
    Yes, that RNG that you just listed for me and then dismissed as a non-issue, is the RNG I was referring to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    Yes, that RNG that you just listed for me and then dismissed as a non-issue, is the RNG I was referring to.
    It's a non-issue in the realm of priority target burst/Blast Furnace specifically because the RNG aspect is sort of eliminated when you can save up 5 stacks and sit on them for a bit until you need them. Same goes for Bestial Wraths.

I do not have this problem with other people, so I am inclined to propose that maybe your communication could be better, but fair enough.
    LOL you have this problem with everybody. If I cared a little more I would go back and count all of the times that you post-searched people and posted screenshots of unrelated posts of theirs just to talk shit, but alas, I don't care about being right as much as you do.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a non-issue in the realm of priority target burst/Blast Furnace specifically because the RNG aspect is sort of eliminated when you can save up 5 stacks and sit on them for a bit until you need them. Same goes for Bestial Wraths.
    Is it eliminated when you proc 2pc on an elementalist and get two uses of BW during one burn? How about when you RNGeesus your way to 5 frenzy stacks while you still have FF up?

Come on man, you take away any credit your arguments had when you bend everything to suit your hypothesis.

Deleted
    LOL you have this problem with everybody. If I cared a little more I would go back and count all of the times that you post-searched people and posted screenshots of unrelated posts of theirs just to talk shit, but alas, I don't care about being right as much as you do.
    Hreh. Just as we were getting into actual hunter talk you decide to post this.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Is it eliminated when you proc 2pc on an elementalist and get two uses of BW during one burn? How about when you RNGeesus your way to 5 frenzy stacks while you still have FF up?

Come on man, you take away any credit your arguments had when you bend everything to suit your argument.
    You are well aware that those hardly matter.

In an ideal situation, very second before the shield drops, you pop your FF and have saved up focus to do the burst and refreshed SF. You pop BW at say 1s in.

You get an immediate reset, so at 11s in, you're ready to do this, except you have to spend 2.5 - 3 seconds refreshing SF. You're gonna be low on focus in any case, and so that mighty BW reset you only get 1½ Bestial Wraths and that's if you do it perfectly.

Getting 5 Frenzy stacks within 20 seconds will take at least 14 seconds (going by SimCraft average interval between Basics) and is so unlikely that it's hardly an argument to make (and will make an even smaller difference than the BW thing) while the BW reset thing is actually a likely possibility.

You're desperate for arguments because I am not nice, I get it, but look at this objectively. You are trying to list RNG disadvantages of BM, and you are trying to use something as obscure as the latter of your two points. Really?

What about good, old-fashioned crit RNG of Marksmanship? Thrill of the Hunt RNG?
    Last edited by mmoc14773dad0e; 2015-03-05 at 01:04 AM.

You're desperate for arguments because I am not nice, I get it, but look at this objectively

http://www.wikihow.com/Communicate-Effectively
    Raider (Hunter) with TF on US-Hyjal Horde 7/7M HM (US 20th) - 10/10M BRF (US 21st) Armory

Hreh. Just as we were getting into actual hunter talk you decide to post this.

- - - Updated - - -

You are well aware that those hardly matter.

In an ideal situation, very second before the shield drops, you pop your FF and have saved up focus to do the burst and refreshed SF. You pop BW at say 1s in.

You get an immediate reset, so at 11s in, you're ready to do this, except you have to spend 2.5 - 3 seconds refreshing SF. You're gonna be low on focus in any case, and so that mighty BW reset you only get 1½ Bestial Wraths and that's if you do it perfectly.

Getting 5 Frenzy stacks within 20 seconds will take at least 14 seconds (going by SimCraft average interval between Basics) and is so unlikely that it's hardly an argument to make (and will make an even smaller difference than the BW thing) while the BW reset thing is actually a likely possibility.

You're desperate for arguments because I am not nice, I get it, but look at this objectively. You are trying to list RNG disadvantages of BM, and you are trying to use something as obscure as the latter of your two points. Really?

What about good, old-fashioned crit RNG of Marksmanship? Thrill of the Hunt RNG?
    I am not trying to list RNG disadvantages of BM. I am pointing out that looking at a single parse to declare that BM's ST controlled burst > MM's ST controlled burst is EXTRA dumb because the variance with BM is extra high.

And yes, Marksmanship has crit RNG, which also supports my point.
    Last edited by waat; 2015-03-05 at 01:37 AM. Reason: typo

Sorry if somebody has already brought this up, but it seems the links to Trinkets (at least for BM) is now broken in the guide? Anyone else getting that?

Vhalor from <Occasional Excellence> on US-Turalyon. Boss Kill Vids: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUy...fq3aHngNqQfYMA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorFS View Post
    Sorry if somebody has already brought this up, but it seems the links to Trinkets (at least for BM) is now broken in the guide? Anyone else getting that?
    if you read the guide right above where the BM trinkets link is, it says he is currently updating them.

Need help-- when is the best time during Operator to use the "Take Selfie" ability. Looking at Warcraft logs, I see that my best attempt was only two in the fight. I need better uptime.

SO IJUst got blackhand trinket H reforged, is it better than the H agi + haste proc/butcher mythic trinkets?

edit: for BM!!!!!
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-03-05 at 07:21 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    SO IJUst got blackhand trinket H reforged, is it better than the H agi + haste proc/butcher mythic trinkets?
    probably need to mention what spec you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    probably need to mention what spec you are.
    FailFish, second time I ask the same question and I forgot to add which spec xD.

BM!!!!!
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Can someone show me how to sim multiple trinkets at once to show which combo the sim shows best in my current gear setup? If thats possible at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post

edit: for BM!!!!!
    the blackhand and gruul trinkets are the best

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomOblivion View Post
    Can someone show me how to sim multiple trinkets at once to show which combo the sim shows best in my current gear setup? If thats possible at all.
    Add these lines at the bottom of a simcraft file (this is explained in the guide):

copy=name_of_test
    trinket1=...
    trinket2=...

copy=name_of_next_test
    trinket1=...
    trinket2=...