To recommend it as a default raiding talent was a bad idea, I played it in the VoD mostly to get data on it and see if it was as good as the sims said.

Deleted
    And how did it go?

Somewhere in between, not worth picking for single-target for sure, just waiting for IV to push the guide update on that front.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm i have a little question and would love to hear your sugesstions.

strict with the guide i have in MM now 20 lvl and BM (with wich i lvled and play WQ) 13.

Would it now not be better to spend the next points in BM to at least 18? For mysthic+, easier WQ and so on?

How did you spend.. and will you spend your points in the next 1-2 weeks?

I'm MM20-BM18 and putting stuff in MM right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    so what would you say to the plan to go MM to 24 (3rd Golden) and than switch to BM 26? hmm or first MM 28 (than you have all dmg talents) and than BM 26+

No point putting points in a spec you're not going to play (BM).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneri View Post
    so what would you say to the plan to go MM to 24 (3rd Golden) and than switch to BM 26? hmm or first MM 28 (than you have all dmg talents) and than BM 26+
    Just do what he said. 13 BM > 20 MM > 18 BM > MM. You don't need 26 points in BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samira View Post
    What stat weights are you using for Emerald Nightmare? I see multiple posts listing priority. But nowhere can I find the weights. I'm gearing Mastery/Haste (as MM) but my raid leads would like to see the weights to justify my gearing decisions. Thanks!
    http://pastebin.com/EpdZ5Y3D
    Straight from Azor's icy-veins guide page.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    I already opened a post in the forum, but I would like to ask Azor: How much of a deal is playing marksmanship in mythic+ ? Do you think playing MM is bad in mythic+ and won't allow my party to run the dungeon properly?

Was surprised to grab the Survival Pawn string and see that mastery was suddenly valued very lowly compared to the other stats, especially since the stats were fairly close previously, and I believe mastery wasn't even the lowest stat, how come?

Bug was discovered in SimCraft which is ~doubling Mastery value.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Bug was discovered in SimCraft which is ~doubling Mastery value.
    Oh wow, okay.

If I have enough haste, does it make sense to cast 2 Aimed Shots (not the instant ones from L&L) before using Marked Shot after Sidewinders?

With Vulnerable being 6 sec and my Aimed Shot having a 1.77 cast time, I have enough time to cast Marked Shot after 2 Aimed Shots. Is this the correct way to go?

Just want to clarify that since Azor's guide states:

"Sidewinders → Aimed Shot → Marked Shot → Aimed Shot until Vulnerable expires. Then follow the rules in the rotation for when to cast Sidewinders."

2nd question:

How come in the opener, we immediately cast Marked Shot after the first Sidewinders, instead of doing the normal rotation of Sidewinders -> Aimed Shot(s) -> Marked Shot?
    Last edited by Gammarax; 2016-09-21 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammarax View Post

"Sidewinders → Aimed Shot → Marked Shot → Aimed Shot until Vulnerable expires. Then follow the rules in the rotation for when to cast Sidewinders."
    You're almost never going to have the focus to pull off 4 Aimed Shots within both windows, so there's no real point to squeezing in 2 AiS before MS if you're only going to get 1 AiS afterwards.

Trying for 4 AiS looks like:

Spell -- Time finished -- Focus at start -- Focus at end
    SW -- 0 -- 150 -- 150
    AiS -- 3.5 -- 150 -- 100
    AiS -- 5.5 -- 100 -- 70
    MS -- 5.5 -- 70 -- 40 (Vulnerable had 0.5 sec)
    AiS -- 7.0 -- 55 -- 25 (focus starved for 2.5 sec)
    AiS -- 11.5 -- 50 -- 20
    Vulnerable ends -- 11.5

Obviously it's easier with haste, but unless you have 150 Focus after the Sidewinders it's pretty tight. There's obviously some relationship between haste and what focus you need to start at to get the 4th AiS in the window, but during a fight if you misjudge you'll end up casting a non-vulnerable AiS which isn't something you usually want to do.
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2016-09-21 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    You're almost never going to have the focus to pull off 4 Aimed Shots within both windows, so there's no real point to squeezing in 2 AiS before MS if you're only going to get 1 AiS afterwards.

Trying for 4 AiS looks like:

Spell -- Time finished -- Focus at start -- Focus at end
    SW -- 0 -- 150 -- 150
    AiS -- 3.5 -- 150 -- 100
    AiS -- 5.5 -- 100 -- 70
    MS -- 5.5 -- 70 -- 40 (Vulnerable had 0.5 sec)
    AiS -- 7.0 -- 55 -- 25 (focus starved for 2.5 sec)
    AiS -- 11.5 -- 50 -- 20
    Vulnerable ends -- 11.5

Obviously it's easier with haste, but unless you have 150 Focus after the Sidewinders it's pretty tight. There's obviously some relationship between haste and what focus you need to start at to get the 4th AiS in the window, but during a fight if you misjudge you'll end up casting a non-vulnerable AiS which isn't something you usually want to do.
    The big reason why I hold off on using MS is mainly due to LnL procs. If i cast sidewinders and then right after I get a Lnl proc I can use up those free aimed shots then use MS and then cast normal aimed shots. If you use MS right after sidewinders then you will end up having to cast sidewinders at full focus after using your LNL proc IF you don't have windburst up. There is no real reason to use MS right away unless there is some type of multi target benefit while you have a trinket proc up or your MS targets are about to die. Holding onto MS is pretty smart just in case you get LnL procs.

Pounced#1519

I think SW > AiS > MS > 2AiS is better since you will get one extra AiS with Marked for Death buff.

The slight adjustment during True Shot...maybe that's also considering Marked for Death, not sure. I think the extra haste allows you to get in 3 AiS after MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    I think SW > AiS > MS > 2AiS is better since you will get one extra AiS with Marked for Death buff.

The slight adjustment during True Shot...maybe that's also considering Marked for Death, not sure. I think the extra haste allows you to get in 3 AiS after MS.
    Marked for Death is applied by any source of Vulnerable, not just Marked Shot. The tooltip is wrong and fixed in 7.1. You can fit three Aimed Shots into a Sidewinders to Marked combo, regardless of when you Marked.

With the nerf to Twisting Wind; is this still one of our highest trinket?
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-09-22 at 02:06 AM.

I also went to Call of the hunt instead of Legacy.

Does anyone knows how to track the procs that it does ? I can't find it on warcraft log or on my Skada