Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    well this is how i understand 100% cast reduction
    I would guess that 100%=Instant cast too but holy fuck that's too good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I would guess that 100%=Instant cast too but holy fuck that's too good.
    Being instant or having a cast time bellow 1 second is essentially the same thing when you can cast while moving. Doesn't change anything really since it was gonna be bellow a second with earlier version.

Deleted
    Does pet specialization affect dps with Adaptation? If so what pet talents are recommended for raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Apiss View Post
    Does pet specialization affect dps with Adaptation? If so what pet talents are recommended for raids?
    Adaptation makes spec choice less important however ferocity gives your pets dash which is by far the best movement ability of the 3 trees. It's a good practice to ensure all pets are still ferocity for stampede. But with adaptation they will all have the proper damage improving abilities (more important for non bm stampedes)

Deleted
    Sorry guys if this was addressed before but I cant find it in guide (and I know it was there before) does Surv still priorise arcane shot (with TotH+multistrike more then 75%) before explo (even LnL proc)? Or this is already not optimal? Thanks!

been out of the loop for a while... any reason why CMA isn't on the trinket list?

Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    been out of the loop for a while... any reason why CMA isn't on the trinket list?
    Mainly because it is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this question has probably been answered before but I had a decent look and couldn't find it. People always say to cast Chimera Shot/Kill Command/Explosive Shot off cooldown and I fully understand why, but my question is, how seriously should OFF COOLDOWN be taken? For example, if you are in a situation where all you can do is cast Steady Shot but Chimera Shot is off cooldown in 0.05 seconds obviously it is worth spending that 0.05s doing nothing to use it ASAP. However if you only have 0.1 seconds left on a Steady Shot cast and Chimera Shot comes off cooldown I imagine it would be worth finishing it before casting Chimera Shot. By logical deduction this means that there exists some amount of time where the threshold is crossed and the "point of no return" in finishing casting Steady Shot is reached.

I understand that this would differ with spec, gear, balance changes Blizzard makes, etc, but I was wondering if anyone had a general timeframe where this happens. Beyond the obvious decisions I really struggle with this dilemma.

Well, think of it this way.

Do you spend 0.5 sec doing nothing and waiting for CS, or do you delay CS by 1.3 sec(1.8 sec SS cast time minus 0.5s left on CS CD). Obviously you want to wait 0.5 sec.

MM is a much more forgiving spec than SV or BM, since as long as you can delay CS as little as possible and also always be casting in-between CS, you will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    I'm sure this question has probably been answered before but I had a decent look and couldn't find it. People always say to cast Chimera Shot/Kill Command/Explosive Shot off cooldown and I fully understand why, but my question is, how seriously should OFF COOLDOWN be taken? For example, if you are in a situation where all you can do is cast Steady Shot but Chimera Shot is off cooldown in 0.05 seconds obviously it is worth spending that 0.05s doing nothing to use it ASAP. However if you only have 0.1 seconds left on a Steady Shot cast and Chimera Shot comes off cooldown I imagine it would be worth finishing it before casting Chimera Shot. By logical deduction this means that there exists some amount of time where the threshold is crossed and the "point of no return" in finishing casting Steady Shot is reached.

I understand that this would differ with spec, gear, balance changes Blizzard makes, etc, but I was wondering if anyone had a general timeframe where this happens. Beyond the obvious decisions I really struggle with this dilemma.

No one can comprehend .05 of a second. Let alone .1 of a second. At most you can manage .5 of a second with reaction times and latency.

Keep in mind that if you interrupted a shot you add full cast time into the equation. .5 seconds is generally acceptable wait time for all specs. However holding a cd by .5 seconds is viable aswell. Typically its damage neutral until you lose 1 full cast of the cd.

The best answer I can give you is to be mindful. Don't start a cast that you would have to interrupt part way through
    Last edited by xquizite; 2015-05-04 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xquizite View Post
    No one can comprehend .05 of a second. Let alone .1 of a second. At most you can manage .5 of a second with reaction times and latency.

Keep in mind that if you interrupted a shot you add full cast time into the equation. .5 seconds is generally acceptable wait time for all specs. However holding a cd by .5 seconds is viable aswell. Typically its damage neutral until you lose 1 full cast of the cd.

The best answer I can give you is to be mindful. Don't start a cast that you would have to interrupt part way through
    Hey, I am new to playing Hunter and interrupting a cast (for example Cobra Shot) in order to cast something higher on the priority list is something I have been wondering about alot recently.

I am playing BM and I'm not sure what I should do in the following situation:
    Sometimes it happens to me that Barrage is ready but KC still has like 1 second Cooldown. Now I wonder what is the right action to take here? My Barrage has a 2.88 cast time, so when I cast Barrage, it is still channeling for 1.88 seconds when KC is ready to be used.
    What shall be done in such a situation? Cancel the Barrage channeling and use Kill Command or let Barrage finish and waste 1.88 seconds of not using a ready KC?
    Or should such a siutation never occur and be avoided by better planning ahead?

Sometimes the same thing happens where CS has not finished casting when KC is already ready. Should the Cobra Shot be cancelled? at 0.5seconds, at 1 second of the cast time remaining?

Same problem applies to Focus Fire, what if i suddenly get a 5 stack during a Barrage channel? Immediately interrupt Barrage and cast the 5 stack FF or let Barrage finish and use FF afterwards?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out with this!

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmocd418a8caf2; 2015-05-04 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caynn View Post
    Hey, I am new to playing Hunter and interrupting a cast (for example Cobra Shot) in order to cast something higher on the priority list is something I have been wondering about alot recently.

I am playing BM and I'm not sure what I should do in the following situation:
    Sometimes it happens to me that Barrage is ready but KC still has like 1 second Cooldown. Now I wonder what is the right action to take here? My Barrage has a 2.88 cast time, so when I cast Barrage, it is still channeling for 1.88 seconds when KC is ready to be used.
    What shall be done in such a situation? Cancel the Barrage channeling and use Kill Command or let Barrage finish and waste 1.88 seconds of not using a ready KC?
    Or should such a siutation never occur and be avoided by better planning ahead?

Sometimes the same thing happens where CS has not finished casting when KC is already ready. Should the Cobra Shot be cancelled? at 0.5seconds, at 1 second of the cast time remaining?

Same problem applies to Focus Fire, what if i suddenly get a 5 stack during a Barrage channel? Immediately interrupt Barrage and cast the 5 stack FF or let Barrage finish and use FF afterwards?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out with this!

Thanks in advance
    TLDR: Plan your rotation to not have to cancell... if you want a longer answer to your qeustions keep reading.

Few things here, Barrage is an extremely high DPE spell and because it is one of our biggest contributors to both single and multi target damage you should never cancel it ever.

That being said you can hold barrage for times where it is more powerful or more useful, it is not a spell that needs to be used immediately on CD (but don't wait too long).

What I mean by this is, KC is your number one spell in Single target scenarios. With 4pc you need to be hitting this on CD every time (and in cleave fights or aoe phases sometimes this is worth hitting if you can afford the focus). It is a 6 second CD if you delay this by 1 second 6 times you miss a KC. This is easy to do if you are not prioritizing it as your most important spell. You cant afford to lose more than 1-2 KC's in a fight without feeling the impact in your damage.

Barrage would need to be delayed 20 times by 1 second to miss a CD. This is much more forgiving of a spell in that regard. Barrage also packs a huge punch of damage and doesn't reset things like Bestial Wrath or trigger things like beast cleave. This means you want to use it with other CD's more than you want to use it ON CD. What is ideal is Barraging every time with Focus fire up, preferably inside Bestial Wrath(with all your other cd's if available). If focus fire is up in 1 second and you have barrage ready with a 5 stack FF ready to go, I would hold Barrage for the new FF and cast it. If FF is up in 2 seconds I would use barrage now since it will get the full effect of the current ff (unless the stack was low per-se).

You can and often should cancel a >.5 second cobra for a Kill command... you shouldn't cancel a <.5 second cobra for a Kill Command. There are other things that play into this decision for example if the cobra is the second cobra to refresh your steady shots buff than I wouldn't cancel it and delay KC but .5-1 seconds. Keep in mind every time you do this you risk getting closer to losing a KC.

In practice and in general you are going to plan everything you do around your KC's. Ensure you always get 2 into a bestial wrath, and that you are using Barrage on CD without effecting your KC usage. I've never really had a difficult time doing this since Barrage often fits in nicely in-between Kc's or after the second KC during the last 2 seconds of BW.

This all gets complicated when you bring in aoe phases, you can and should hold Barrage sometimes 5-10 seconds if you can get it with a large group of adds. (beastlord, kromog).
    Last edited by xquizite; 2015-05-05 at 03:00 AM.

Few things here, Barrage is an extremely high DPE spell and because it is one of our biggest contributors to both single and multi target damage you should never cancel it ever.

That being said you can hold barrage for times where it is more powerful or more useful, it is not a spell that needs to be used immediately on CD (but don't wait too long).

What I mean by this is, KC is your number one spell in Single target scenarios. With 4pc you need to be hitting this on CD every time (and in cleave fights or aoe phases sometimes this is worth hitting if you can afford the focus). It is a 6 second CD if you delay this by 1 second 6 times you miss a KC. This is easy to do if you are not prioritizing it as your most important spell. You cant afford to lose more than 1-2 KC's in a fight without feeling the impact in your damage.

Barrage would need to be delayed 20 times by 1 second to miss a CD. This is much more forgiving of a spell in that regard. Barrage also packs a huge punch of damage and doesn't reset things like Bestial Wrath or trigger things like beast cleave. This means you want to use it with other CD's more than you want to use it ON CD. What is ideal is Barraging every time with Focus fire up, preferably inside Bestial Wrath(with all your other cd's if available). If focus fire is up in 1 second and you have barrage ready with a 5 stack FF ready to go, I would hold Barrage for the new FF and cast it. If FF is up in 2 seconds I would use barrage now since it will get the full effect of the current ff (unless the stack was low per-se).

You can and often should cancel a >.5 second cobra for a Kill command... you shouldn't cancel a <.5 second cobra for a Kill Command. There are other things that play into this decision for example if the cobra is the second cobra to refresh your steady shots buff than I wouldn't cancel it and delay KC but .5-1 seconds. Keep in mind every time you do this you risk getting closer to losing a KC.

In practice and in general you are going to plan everything you do around your KC's. Ensure you always get 2 into a bestial wrath, and that you are using Barrage on CD without effecting your KC usage. I've never really had a difficult time doing this since Barrage often fits in nicely in-between Kc's or after the second KC during the last 2 seconds of BW.

This all gets complicated when you bring in aoe phases, you can and should hold Barrage sometimes 5-10 seconds if you can get it with a large group of adds. (beastlord, kromog).
    You should really never be cancelling anything, because if you would cancel it then you should just never start casting it.

Please don't spread misinformation like recommending people cancel cobra shots in any circumstance, it is wrong and you shouldn't do it, or even put yourself in a situation that you would need to cancel the spell.

there is no difference in not casting a cobra with 1 second left on kc or cancelling oneif you started it. Idealy you should be doing an arcane and then a kc but he didnt ask what the ideal was his question was about cancelling if he made a mistake.

and i did say to plan arround your kc so you dont need to cancell. Once again i was answering his question not just spewing the guide back in his face.

there is no difference in not casting a cobra with 1 second left on kc or cancelling oneif you started it. Idealy you should be doing an arcane and then a kc but he didnt ask what the ideal was his question was about cancelling if he made a mistake.

and i did say to plan arround your kc so you dont need to cancell. Once again i was answering his question not just spewing the guide back in his face.
    Nobody is spewing the guide back in his face, I'm literally saying if you took the time to start the Cobra Shot just finish it, the even small amount of damage + focus would do more for you than getting Kill Command off IMMEDIATELY.. There's no point in having an empty global AT ALL during a fight, under ANY circumstance, only time you'd wanna even cast it is if the Cobra wouldn't give you any focus cus you'd cap by the end of it, and even then you shouldn't have cast the Cobra in the first place. It's the fact that you're advocating canceling cobra shot often. Which is just plain wrong.

there is no difference in not casting a cobra with 1 second left on kc or cancelling oneif you started it.
    The fact is that you shouldn't just wait the 1 second and you should instead fill it with either an Arcane Shot, if you have the focus, or a Cobra Shot, if you don't. You don't just sit there and do nothing for 1 second at ANY point during a fight. Don't advocate misinformation with no evidence to back it up.

Changelogs gone @summonstone?

i already said the ideal thing to do is to arcane in that situation. I didnt write a guide saying you should start and cancel cobras often all i meant to imply is that if you make a mistake and start a cobra as KC is comming off cd that is likely the only time i should interrupt the cobra shot to cast any spell as a BM hunter.

If that's wrong then i am wrong.
    Last edited by xquizite; 2015-05-05 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niix View Post
    Nobody is spewing the guide back in his face, I'm literally saying if you took the time to start the Cobra Shot just finish it, the even small amount of damage + focus would do more for you than getting Kill Command off IMMEDIATELY.. There's no point in having an empty global AT ALL during a fight, under ANY circumstance, only time you'd wanna even cast it is if the Cobra wouldn't give you any focus cus you'd cap by the end of it, and even then you shouldn't have cast the Cobra in the first place. It's the fact that you're advocating canceling cobra shot often. Which is just plain wrong.

The fact is that you shouldn't just wait the 1 second and you should instead fill it with either an Arcane Shot, if you have the focus, or a Cobra Shot, if you don't. You don't just sit there and do nothing for 1 second at ANY point during a fight. Don't advocate misinformation with no evidence to back it up.
    I was going to comment on how toxic your comment is then I took a slight glance at the green misfortune and realized the normality of the toxic presence in such an environment in which said unfortunate soul came from.
    Last edited by mmocbe5893c0bd; 2015-05-05 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Paw View Post
    I was going to comment on how toxic your comment is then I took a slight glance at the green misfortune and realized the normality of the toxic presence in such an environment in which said misfortune came from.
    So are you telling me that in answer to the original question proposed by caynn, which he asked "should i cancel a cobrashot to get off a KC ever?" your answer would be no?

So if he's starting Cobras with 1 second left on KC often you're telling me that letting those cobras off every time is better than cancelling the cobra to get off the kc?