Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Re spinner; I agree. LW is a boring static no brain talent, which we have enough of as it is. EM shakes it up a little, and I do wish it scaled better.
    Yeah, because pressing a button at the start of the fight then forgetting it till the next boss makes it interesting. This statement is like saying MoP Hawk was interesting.

EDIT: Let me word this better. Pressing one button at the start of the fight then forgetting it till the next boss, does not shake up anything. Its still just +X damage. Just like LW is +X% damage.
    Last edited by Raicky; 2014-12-17 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    So I just copied your action list from here: Link, modified to my own gear.

Patchwerk fight, 450 seconds, 20% variations, 25000 iterations, Elite skill

Using my OWN current gear at ilvl 552 I am getting these results:

So where am I going wrong again?

Edit: Crit enchants/gems for MM and multistrike for Survival.

This is with my gear

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Yeah, because pressing a button at the start of the fight then forgetting it till the next boss makes it interesting. This statement is like saying MoP Hawk was interesting.

EDIT: Let me word this better. Pressing one button at the start of the fight then forgetting it till the next boss, does not shake up anything. Its still just +X damage. Just like LW is +X% damage.
    It deals damage in a more unique fashion. It isn't just "+X% damage" like LW is. Not to mention, LW reduces complexity by removing pets. You might not be pressing all that many more buttons, but it is still a more unique and interesting talent than LW is.

Its like rogue poisons, like enhancements old weapon enhancements. Anyone who says that LW is a more interesting talent than EM needs their head examined.

Also no, +X% damage abilities alter other abilities or stats (like hawk like you said), rather than creating new sources of damage like EM does. So no, EM is not a +X% damage talent.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Having an issue with SimC if anyone can help, copy+paste on Effin's settings and getting the following error "Option parsing error: Unexpected parameter '<100'. Expected format: name=value
    Simulation failed!"

any idea's ?

Deleted
    The reason why EM is seen as boring is because you add just another passive damage source. As long as you keep auto attacking the boss you are going to keep doing damage with poison ammo. In addition you get to keep you passive dot(pet) which is another somewhat boring element.
    The reason why LW is more interesting to most is because you put more pressure on yourself to prefform well. If you fuck up your rotation you're going to be in much more trouble than when using EM as you don't have the 2 additional passive damage sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    Having an issue with SimC if anyone can help, copy+paste on Effin's settings and getting the following error "Option parsing error: Unexpected parameter '<100'. Expected format: name=value
    Simulation failed!"

any idea's ?
    Same here.

Edit: Nvm, a lot of syntaxes to fix.
    Last edited by khair; 2014-12-17 at 11:44 AM.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khair View Post
    Same here.

Edit: Nvm, a lot of syntaxes to fix.
    care to elaborate? I don't have the slightest idea where to begin

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    care to elaborate? I don't have the slightest idea where to begin
    Put new lines before each 'action' keyword. Probably comment screws it up, starts with '#', may be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were a lot of places with spaces that shouldn't be there. Like 'focu s.deficit'. There shouldn't be a space between 'u' and 's' there.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It deals damage in a more unique fashion. It isn't just "+X% damage" like LW is. Not to mention, LW reduces complexity by removing pets. You might not be pressing all that many more buttons, but it is still a more unique and interesting talent than LW is.

Its like rogue poisons, like enhancements old weapon enhancements. Anyone who says that LW is a more interesting talent than EM needs their head examined.

Also no, +X% damage abilities alter other abilities or stats (like hawk like you said), rather than creating new sources of damage like EM does. So no, EM is not a +X% damage talent.
    How does it deal "damage in a more unique fashion" ? Its basically another auto shot.

Rogue poisons/weapon enhancements are just as boring because they do not impact your gameplay. (Unless you count those weird scenrios where weapon swapping in icc gave you more dps).

And I never said LW is more interesting because its just as brain dead as EM. Sure EM adds flavor and all but at the end of the day its just another autoshot.

And while LW reduces complexity by removing pets, it also adds a higher penalty on stuff like CS and ES because +30% damage roughly equates to +30% more DPE. If you fuck up on not firing these abilites on CD you're gimping your dps by the same amount. So EM as it currently stands now is actually more brain dead than LW is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Just the fact that we're this back and forth about SV and MM shows that blizz did a good job.
    I think a lot of people are taking this too far though, getting that sub-1% advantage is really only going to matter if you're in a super hardcore guild; of which the people in this treat are probably countable on 1 hand.

I'm probably going to stay MM seeing as SV is a bit bland at the moment; plus as Azorth mentioned MM has a super strong niche in being top-dps on non-swarm adds.
    But it's nice that the option is now there for people to play what they want or chose the best playstyle for the given encounter.

There were a lot of places with spaces that shouldn't be there. Like 'focu s.deficit'. There shouldn't be a space between 'u' and 's' there.
    This is why you pastebin profiles instead @Effin

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is crows not used till RF ends? It could give us a thrill proc before crazy AS spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Teksranger View Post
    Why is crows not used till RF ends? It could give us a thrill proc before crazy AS spam.
    So could Aimed Shot. If you search for Crows you'll find my reasoning post for the change.

I might make a return of the changelog..

I had no such problems

@Azor, haters gonna hate...

10+ Year Old Account
    So the hunters in my raid tonight that played SV didnt perform very well... Mid/Low on the dps meters, even being some of the most geared in the raid. I went SV for some Tectus attempts using the "zerg strat" where you get all 8 motes spawned and aoe like mad... Only marginally higher dps than what I did in MM when I killed it the next attempt.

SV is okay, but still going to stay as MM for now.

Quote Originally Posted by opbear View Post
    So the hunters in my raid tonight that played SV didnt perform very well... Mid/Low on the dps meters, even being some of the most geared in the raid. I went SV for some Tectus attempts using the "zerg strat" where you get all 8 motes spawned and aoe like mad... Only marginally higher dps than what I did in MM when I killed it the next attempt.

SV is okay, but still going to stay as MM for now.
    Maybe your gear doesn't have enough MS? Are the changes even live already?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    yes they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Changes are live, yes. At least the serpent sting buff is (was there any others?).

MS is ranging from 10-15%. Really isnt much you can do about that with the current gear you can get from Highmaul. All the more reason to stay MM.