Marksmanship, there's like no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    So, I am currently playing BM for PVE and MM for PVP. But which would you guys say is the to go spec for PVE ? Seeing the charts on the main page and ofcourse I haven't read through the entire 92 pages here so..forgive me for asking, but as far as I see the charts, MM is roughly better then BM isn't it ?
    Actually BM seems to be the worst single target dps ;P Good for AoE heavy fights, unless you mean heroix/CMs then MM/BM are roughly the same [although personally I can't play BM for shizzle]. For PvP not sure, but survival seems like spec to go now, a lot of debuffs, short CDs on traps etc.

But once again, I just mash buttons, do tricks and decent dps, I'm nowhere near knowledgable or theory master (after all it matters very little in reality).

So recently i was on maxdps.com and it had rune_of_re-origination listed as some amazing trinket which i hadnt seen listed here anywhere. so i did some testing on my own in simcraft (most updated version with new trinket changes) and found atleast for my character this trinket was a dps increase compared to all pre-raid trinkets except LDSC, even being equal to one of the pvp conquest trinkets.

why has this trinket been ignored here? was it nerfed somewhere?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sidtb842 View Post
    So recently i was on maxdps.com and it had rune_of_re-origination listed as some amazing trinket which i hadnt seen listed here anywhere. so i did some testing on my own in simcraft (most updated version with new trinket changes) and found atleast for my character this trinket was a dps increase compared to all pre-raid trinkets except LDSC, even being equal to one of the pvp conquest trinkets.

why has this trinket been ignored here? was it nerfed somewhere?
    Maybe since I don't know ITS A MOP TRINKET FROM LEISHEN..

Quote Originally Posted by Hachrokio View Post
    Maybe since I don't know ITS A MOP TRINKET FROM LEISHEN..
    My guess is this. Also if people actually use it I would assume it would get nerfed hard if it hasn't already.

Redoing the "method" of the trinket sims. Instead of having every possible combination which takes a fuckton of time to do, I'll simply rank all trinkets by themselves (as in, having no second trinket) to more accurately (and easily) determine how good a trinket actually is on its own barring particularly powerful pairings of which there are not really any. If two trinkets are very close, then passive/on-uses/RPPM will beat on-equip trinkets because ICD's are unpredictable and can really fuck over the power of a trinket that may be caused by lining up with Rapid Fire. RPPM is unpredictable, too, but you also have a fairly significant chance of getting more procs than you bargained for basing your informed choice on theorycraft which will push you ahead further. On-uses can of course be tuned to maximize your DPS in a situation and passives are what they are.

This also allows me to quickly add any trinket on request rather than it taking dozens of minutes because I have to make a combination of every other trinkets + the new trinket. Now I can just add it and boom. So throw requests.

Margin of error is 20 DPS here. Added RoRO for good measure, too. It's decent, but mostly pretty bad.

It's GRP. I think it's weird that it sims below BSoA, but I guess Crit is just that good, even with the Agility difference. I tried custom-coding the trinkets to make sure nothing was wonky in SimC code but it checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

It's GRP. I think it's weird that it sims below BSoA, but I guess Crit is just that good, even with the Agility difference. I tried custom-coding the trinkets to make sure nothing was wonky in SimC code but it checks out.
    The DMC trink is that bad even at 665? Geez, those trinks really went down the drain fast. I'd also like to note I really like the new way you're listing these trinks. It's much more intuitive considering(as you said) there aren't any pairings that are abnormally powerful.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Any chance on blizzard buffing DMC trinkets to a reasonable 665 level? my 640 deck is hours away from becoming a temporal crystal. The only expansion that I really cared to gear up properly prior to raid, managing to have the full upgraded version the day raids open... fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Any chance on blizzard buffing DMC trinkets to a reasonable 665 level? my 640 deck is hours away from becoming a temporal crystal. The only expansion that I really cared to gear up properly prior to raid, managing to have the full upgraded version the day raids open... fuck me.
    Eh, I think blizz is aware how weak they are. You might as well keep it in case they buff it.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quick question about MM openning, if we dont jave glaive toss what openning we do? The old one pre-casting aim shot etc or the new one starting on point 2?

Read the OP.

Are your BM stat weights for both single target and AoE or just single target? Would haste and mastery be as useful in multi targets like they were in MoP or not really?

Quote Originally Posted by Crivak View Post
    Are your BM stat weights for both single target and AoE or just single target? Would haste and mastery be as useful in multi targets like they were in MoP or not really?
    Both things are considered. Haste/Mastery still powerful for AoE, not enough to beat other stats on the larger scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Will fix later.
    Lol Az you are killing me man

Fixed the ranked list - crafted items properly showing for all slots.

Looking forward to seeing the survival changes annotated.

Which combination of 3 LW pieces is best? Was thinking about cloak and chest since there is no Crit/Multi in that slot even in Highmaul. Dunno about the 3th one. Has anyone come up with best combo?

Boots/Chest/Legs.

Highmaul's only helm has shit-tier stats so it might well be a very rare exception to the iLvl > all, e.g. 665 with best stats is a bit better than 670 with worst stats.

Highmaul's chest is from second-last boss and has Crit/Haste, so it's quite far in.

Legs are from 4th boss and have crit/multistrike.

It really depends on your strategy.

Boots don't drop till last boss, so boots are a decent option as well, but from a numbers standpoint over a practical one, Helm/Chest/Legs is the better option.

Overall I'd say: Boots/Chest/Legs > Shoulders/Belt/Gloves/Helm.