Page 6 of 734 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alchemy master racer. Two hour flasks are really nice

Deleted
    Cant you do pretty much all of the professions through garrisons?

Think ill just stay Engineer/Leatherworking.

Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    I believe with garrisons you can DE gear. So no need to pick up the proffession
    Yes but you can do it only at well in your garrison. Still handy, just can't DE anytime you want.

Deleted
    Tag for future posts.
    We have any clue yet as to what stat prio's are going to be? Like a very general overview? Or is it similar to the prio's blizz posted couple of months ago with BM focusing on mastery, MM crit and Surv multistrike?
    I'm not in the beta but all the whining has made me very cynical about how hunters are going to turn out hope we get to a nice spot before WOD hits.

Quote Originally Posted by blubneus View Post
    Tag for future posts.
    We have any clue yet as to what stat prio's are going to be? Like a very general overview? Or is it similar to the prio's blizz posted couple of months ago with BM focusing on mastery, MM crit and Surv multistrike?
    I'm not in the beta but all the whining has made me very cynical about how hunters are going to turn out hope we get to a nice spot before WOD hits.
    All the specs like Crit. Multistrike is close to Crit for BM, but both of those stats are sorta meh when it comes to AoE and Mastery is not far behind.

MM likes Crit and Haste, its Mastery is pretty solid but even on pure stand-still it isn't 10/10.

SV likes Multistrike and Crit tons.

VERY general overview and it might change tons.

Deleted
    "VERY general overview and it might change tons."

was afraid you might say that....

Any idea of relative values to agility?

"VERY general overview and it might change tons."

was afraid you might say that....

Any idea of relative values to agility?
    Agility is definetely worse in 6.0 than 5.4 because it no longer gives Crit. However we shouldn't worry too much since the only Agility we find is on Flask/Potion and Gear itself(enchants/gems are all secondaries).

I believe iLvl still trumps better itemized pieces though, seeing as they are all fairly balanced for MM at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Agility is definetely worse in 6.0 than 5.4 because it no longer gives Crit.
    He asked for relative value.

The relative value of Agility is pretty much the same as now. 1 Agility is worth slightly more than 2 Crit (or any other stat, then, by extension).

Regardless it will not affect our decisions.

Deleted
    Agility is definetely worse in 6.0 than 5.4 because it no longer gives Crit. However we shouldn't worry too much since the only Agility we find is on Flask/Potion and Gear itself(enchants/gems are all secondaries).

I believe iLvl still trumps better itemized pieces though, seeing as they are all fairly balanced for MM at least.
    Ah oke, didn't know that we would only be able to get secondaries on enchants/gems. Seems like a nice change though stacking agility was boring as hell.
    Guess we'll have to see the final tuning pass and let azor do his homework.
    Looking forward to finally trying MM again, too long, too long.

I have been running all profiles for MM and BM with orc, troll, and blood elf in Simcraft over the last few days. I should have better information on where we stand when I check my home machine later today (each spec sim goes for at least 15 hours).

The short answer is that for BM, no matter what stat priority you use, you are no more than 900 dps (~2%) from BiS with Mythic gear and less than that for Normal or Heroic. I'll have to take a look at the MM results later tonight. I plan on tracking the Simcraft results on the EJ guide throughout WoD. This will include race breakdowns and hopefully a breakdown for each piece of gear that will show you the options to get you as close to BiS as possible. I'm also currently breaking down top 10, top 20, top 50 and top 100 gear profiles by race (which is all orc for BM, btw).

Edit: preview of information

ST MM breakdown (simc-602-alpha-win64-09-30):

Code:
    Overall Stats:
      profiles analyzed: 17280
      dps range: 34677.6-37227.1
      top 10 composition (>=37169): blood_elf (8), orc (2), troll (0)
      top 20 composition (>=37133.3): blood_elf (16), orc (2), troll (2)
      top 50 composition (>=37098.6): blood_elf (39), orc (3), troll (8)
      top 100 composition (>=37037.8): blood_elf (70), orc (14), troll (16)
      dps ranges by race:
        blood_elf: 34756.7-37227.1 (Hunter_MM_blood_elf_2212_202110112200120)
        orc: 34677.6-37174.2 (Hunter_MM_orc_2212_202110112300120)
        troll: 34821.9-37164.9 (Hunter_MM_troll_2212_202110112300120)
    ST BM breakdown (simc-602-alpha-win64-09-29):

Code:
    Overall Stats:
      profiles analyzed: 17280
      dps range: 29016.8-29841.9
      top 10 composition (>=29801.6): blood_elf (0), orc (10), troll (0)
      top 20 composition (>=29786.2): blood_elf (0), orc (20), troll (0)
      top 50 composition (>=29768.6): blood_elf (0), orc (50), troll (0)
      top 100 composition (>=29752.4): blood_elf (0), orc (100), troll (0)
      dps ranges by race:
        blood_elf: 29085.8-29744.6 (Hunter_BM_blood_elf_1102_212120112200020)
        orc: 29122.3-29841.9 (Hunter_BM_orc_1102_202120112200020)
        troll: 29016.8-29706.3 (Hunter_BM_troll_1102_201121112200020)
    P.P.S. Because the sims take so long, it's difficult to compare specs on the same Simcraft version. As we get closer to release, we'll hopefully have less variability in Simcraft changes. The above are with 2 versions of Simcraft (again, because 17000+ profiles take a long time to run).

P.P.P.S. Lokrick recently changed the BM action lists in Simcraft, and I can't remember if these included those changes or not. Next results should.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-10-01 at 09:49 PM.

Kind of funny how all BM results say "Orc or gtfo" :P.

Kind of funny how all BM results say "Orc or gtfo" :P.
    MM is far more diverse though. Kind of impressive. No idea how long the MM ST dominance is going to last though. I still can't believe they haven't nerfed the crud out of it yet.

Edit: Just realized the BM results had a bug in them from the aggregator tool. I've re-edited the above post.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-10-01 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    MM is far more diverse though. Kind of impressive. No idea how long the MM ST dominance is going to last though. I still can't believe they haven't nerfed the crud out of it yet.

Edit: Just realized the BM results had a bug in them from the aggregator tool. I've re-edited the above post.
    By the way, were the MM results above done with Lone Wolf?

Yeah, here is a breakdown of the generic MM actions/preactions/talents:

Talents: ...2212 (0-based indexing, so 2 is 3rd talent, and . are non-dps talents)

Preactions:
    Code:
    actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_agility_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=blackrock_barbecue
    actions.precombat+=/summon_pet
    # Snapshot raid buffed stats before combat begins and pre-potting is done.
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/exotic_munitions,ammo_type=poisoned
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_agility
    actions.precombat+=/aimed_shot
    Actions:
    Code:
    actions=auto_shot
    actions+=/arcane_torrent,if=focus.deficit>=20
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/berserking
    actions+=/potion,name=draenic_agility,if=((buff.rapid_fire.up|buff.bloodlust.up)&(!talent.stampede.enabled|cooldown.stampede.remains<1))|target.time_to_die<=20
    actions+=/rapid_fire
    actions+=/stampede,if=buff.rapid_fire.up|buff.bloodlust.up|target.time_to_die<=20
    actions+=/a_murder_of_crows
    actions+=/dire_beast,if=focus.time_to_max%(1+buff.steady_focus.value)>action.aimed_shot.cast_time
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=careful_aim,if=buff.careful_aim.up
    actions+=/chimaera_shot
    actions+=/kill_shot,if=focus.time_to_max%(1+buff.steady_focus.value)>action.aimed_shot.cast_time
    actions+=/glaive_toss
    actions+=/powershot,if=focus.time_to_max%(1+buff.steady_focus.value)>cast_time
    actions+=/barrage
    # Pool max focus for rapid fire so we can spam AimedShot with Careful Aim buff
    actions+=/steady_shot,if=buff.careful_aim.down&cast_time*focus.deficit%(14+focus.regen*(1+buff.steady_focus.value))>cooldown.rapid_fire.remains
    actions+=/focusing_shot,if=buff.careful_aim.down&cast_time*focus.deficit%(50+focus.regen*(1+buff.steady_focus.value))>cooldown.rapid_fire.remains&focus<100
    actions+=/steady_shot,if=buff.pre_steady_focus.up&focus+14+18*(1+buff.steady_focus.value)<focus.max
    actions+=/aimed_shot,if=talent.focusing_shot.enabled
    actions+=/aimed_shot,if=focus+focus.regen*(1+buff.steady_focus.value)*cast_time>=85
    actions+=/aimed_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react&focus+focus.regen*(1+buff.steady_focus.value)*cast_time>=65
    actions+=/focusing_shot,if=focus+50+12*(1+buff.steady_focus.value)<focus.max
    actions+=/steady_shot

actions.careful_aim=chimaera_shot
    actions.careful_aim+=/kill_shot,if=focus.time_to_max%(1+buff.steady_focus.value)>action.aimed_shot.cast_time
    actions.careful_aim+=/glaive_toss
    actions.careful_aim+=/powershot,if=focus.time_to_max%(1+buff.steady_focus.value)>cast_time
    actions.careful_aim+=/barrage
    actions.careful_aim+=/steady_shot,if=buff.pre_steady_focus.up&focus+14+18*(1+buff.steady_focus.value)<focus.max
    actions.careful_aim+=/aimed_shot
    actions.careful_aim+=/focusing_shot,if=focus+50+12*(1+buff.steady_focus.value)<focus.max
    actions.careful_aim+=/steady_shot

Deleted
    Am I interpreting this right as in that you are taking powershot in the talents you listed?

Am I interpreting this right as in that you are taking powershot in the talents you listed?
    Powershot costs 15 focus now, also cast time was lowered IIRC from Live. So now with decent haste, you have same execution time as with GT and cost half as much focus.

For these first runs, I'm trying to use talents that have simmed higher for the Simcraft team. I'll try variations as I get more time.

Powershot costs 15 focus now, also cast time was lowered IIRC from Live. So now with decent haste, you have same execution time as with GT and cost half as much focus.
    While PS might sim highest for single target, there are not many fights in WoD which are pure single target. Keep in mind that PS's knockback will fuck with people's dps more than enhancing it. I do not plan on taking PS for the majority of the fights in WoD, just because of the fact that it knockbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    While PS might sim highest for single target, there are not many fights in WoD which are pure single target. Keep in mind that PS's knockback will fuck with people's dps more than enhancing it. I do not plan on taking PS for the majority of the fights in WoD, just because of the fact that it knockbacks.
    The knockback doesn't affect bosses.

Deleted
    Sounds like an interesting addition to the rotation to play with, pity the cd seems to be a bit long, would have liked a slightly shorter one comparable to glaive toss as a real 'part' of our rotation. Looking forward to seeing you guys posting the numbers for the specs after all the buff/nerfing dust has settled down. Thx for the global overview Effinhunter, seems like there's finally an upside to being a blood elf besides not looking like a cartoon.