Ty for your work on this theroy post. I have found it very helpful in min/Maxing my dps. My question is what professions would you suggest? Currently I have Enchanting and Alchemy. Was thinking of dropping Alch. For Engineering. I do have alt's that cover all professions so I do not have to rely on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    Quick question being as I'm new to Hunter after being a mage forever. BA has a max uptime of 83.33% correct? Or am I terrible at math and missing something.

Is it possible for someone to confirm this or tell me what the right answer is? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Is it possible for someone to confirm this or tell me what the right answer is? Thanks in advance.
    Yup, correct.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2014-12-28 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReklessJonez View Post
    Dude if you can read I listed everyone's guild and then for Azor I put <Back when he actually raided> meaning back when he played the game I looked to him for input. But ppl always glance and don't soak everything in. But its all love man was just giving my 2 cents.

-BowsBeforeHoes
    I ignored that part since Azor is currently raiding. But you're right, apparently people DO glance and not soak everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Yup, correct.
    Thank You.

Has anyone tried SV in Gold CMs, or is the single target burst of MM and aoe of BM still better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    1) Yes. Very lengthy theorycraft goes into this (very simple/relatively insignificant) decision. The TL;DR is that you will not be as likely to lose Kill Shots by prioritizing Chimaera Shot as you will lose Chimaera Shots by prioritizing Kill Shot.

2) Yes, worse.

3) No, outside CA, Glaive Toss is always higher prio.
    Thank you!

Deleted
    Quick question being as I'm new to Hunter after being a mage forever. BA has a max uptime of 83.33% correct? Or am I terrible at math and missing something.
    Yeah I did the quick math, and think you are right :P

Lot of good reading here from the past few days. Loved playing Survival in MoP pre-pruning, really miss having a CD (RS) and KS though. Have been playing MM since exp launch and have enjoyed it, but as you all have been discussing and analyzing it seems SV is pulling ahead again. Would love to give the spec another run! How much of a difference will having relatively low multistrike on my gear hinder me though? Currently at 4%, if I changed my enchants around + pet buff I would be at ~11%. What would a good threshold be in your guys opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8mmspikes View Post
    Lot of good reading here from the past few days. Loved playing Survival in MoP pre-pruning, really miss having a CD (RS) and KS though. Have been playing MM since exp launch and have enjoyed it, but as you all have been discussing and analyzing it seems SV is pulling ahead again. Would love to give the spec another run! How much of a difference will having relatively low multistrike on my gear hinder me though? Currently at 4%, if I changed my enchants around + pet buff I would be at ~11%. What would a good threshold be in your guys opinions?
    The amount of multistrike currently available is minimal, but crit isnt too far behind it anyway. Would still advise to get as much as possible (gems, enchants and scope). So my oppinion is go for it, and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorban View Post
    Has anyone tried SV in Gold CMs, or is the single target burst of MM and aoe of BM still better
    I don't think it's worth it right now, maybe if you get a set specifically made for survival it could out perform MM and BM, but right now in standard gear BM should outperform it. Even if you did get a full set for survival, I think a full set for BM would beat it.

Hey thanks a bunch for the thread i'm sure you get it a lot but it's jampacked with useful info. I have a question for you though that is a minor dps differential but i'm interested in the answer. I'm currently using the 655ilvl weapon from HM, and I decided to chunk out the change for the 660ilvl engineering weapon, without realizing (until I equipped of course) that the weap speed of the engi bow is 2.9s as opposed to the traditional 3s. I simmed myself after equipping and got lower numbers, but according to stat weights and just overall thinking of the situation I would think that the +Agi and + multistrike I get with the weapon would outweigh the dps loss from the .1s differential in weapon speed? I've been trying to find the answer and been doing a ton of in-game testing but I can't seem to get a clear answer. Any ideas would be awesome, but again thanks for the thread I'll be checking back for updates!

Quote Originally Posted by ReklessJonez View Post
    Look, I had a convo with Azor and said the stat priorities he initially listed on his "Universal Guide" were wrong. He disagreed, yet he ended up changing the stats weights to what I suggested they might be. He also changes what the guide says over and over. No disrespect or anything but, the fact yall still read this dudes posts and take it as hunter gospel is beyond me. Just run your own numbers or do What I do and harass all the Top hunters. Conjor <Duality> Walajanilu <Defenestrate> Azortharion<When he was actually raiding lol> are just a few of the top hunters or ex-top hunters I have bugged to say the least. LOL

Just saying man yall need to get your own info cause these guys that write guides are always changing things in them and misleading ppl.

-BowsBeforeHoes
    i dont think all of do, specifically the more experienced ones. Its a guide line which is good, but i have been playing sv with focusing shot since day once since it was my most effective for me, even my guide recommended it. But a lot of those guys you mention will get the newer guys where they need to go for them to start having better performances in raids. Also i love that quote and probably going to steal that (bowsbeforehoes)

- - - Updated - - -

a lot of people have, its not as good as bm imo for aoe on some pulls and it doesnt quite have that burst during lust that mm can give. Its really a good medium though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smartdumbkid View Post
    Hey thanks a bunch for the thread i'm sure you get it a lot but it's jampacked with useful info. I have a question for you though that is a minor dps differential but i'm interested in the answer. I'm currently using the 655ilvl weapon from HM, and I decided to chunk out the change for the 660ilvl engineering weapon, without realizing (until I equipped of course) that the weap speed of the engi bow is 2.9s as opposed to the traditional 3s. I simmed myself after equipping and got lower numbers, but according to stat weights and just overall thinking of the situation I would think that the +Agi and + multistrike I get with the weapon would outweigh the dps loss from the .1s differential in weapon speed? I've been trying to find the answer and been doing a ton of in-game testing but I can't seem to get a clear answer. Any ideas would be awesome, but again thanks for the thread I'll be checking back for updates!
    weapon damage has actually been normalized so go with the 660

I was SV for helping my guildie get UBRS Gold on his Druid alt(he already had gold on priest when we did it originally). We missed our main's timer by like 3 seconds(from realm best) with the comp of: SV hunter, Ele Shaman, WW Monk(alt), Resto Druid(alt) and Blood DK. 3 out of 5 already had done the CM.

As far as DPS goes, I was being beat my the Monk on most AoE pulls by a hair pretty much, but on Bosses I was top DPS or shared #1 place with the Monk(like 100 DPS difference on 2nd boss).

My talent setup for the CM was: TotH, aMoC, Barrage and Focusing Shot. Honestly, if you are SV for CMs, pick Focusing Shot or you will rage at the Focus generation, it feels much better as SV to have FS than other specs.

any idea if proc trinkets like DMF or SoD are better then the static trinkets for cms

any idea if proc trinkets like DMF or SoD are better then the static trinkets for cms
    +1 Would like to know as well

Am I reading this correctly Azor? With the current stat weights for survival: a 645 helm with 192 agi, 143 ms, 103 crit is better than a 670 helm with 242 agi, 182 haste, and 127 mastery?

670 helm: 315.78
    645 helm: 329.18

Using the most recent sim profiles, I'm showing a 50 dps loss using the 645 helm over the 670 helm over 20k iterations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    1) Yes. Very lengthy theorycraft goes into this (very simple/relatively insignificant) decision. The TL;DR is that you will not be as likely to lose Kill Shots by prioritizing Chimaera Shot as you will lose Chimaera Shots by prioritizing Kill Shot.
    To continue this. When you are far away from the boss in some fights, when you do your first kill shot, it takes a while to fly to the boss, so you can't instantly use killshot again. Would it be worth doing killshot > chimera > killshot in these cases. For example if chimera comes off cooldown something like 1-0.5 seconds when killshot is up?

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    To continue this. When you are far away from the boss in some fights, when you do your first kill shot, it takes a while to fly to the boss, so you can't instantly use killshot again. Would it be worth doing killshot > chimera > killshot in these cases. For example if chimera comes off cooldown something like 1-0.5 seconds when killshot is up?
    you should prioritize chim over ks anyway so yes do that : killshot > chimera > killshot

i thought at some point during WoD beta, they finally fixed it so that KS reset instantly instead of on-hit, what happened? i vaguely recall it being super smooth on beta for some time
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho