Deleted

How exactly does the new chimera shot work?

Anyone in beta?

Can you guys show a video or explain how chimera works in wod: one target gets hit by nature, another by frost dmg? Is the one with frost slowed? Do both receive the same amount of damage?

Deleted
    Maintarget is hit by nature. 2´nd target is hit by frost, its not slowed and seem to do slighly more damage.
    The 2´nd target need to stand more or ontop of the 1´st. Extremly short range(Belive its 3-4yards cleave range).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Maintarget is hit by nature. 2´nd target is hit by frost, its not slowed and seem to do slighly more damage.
    The 2´nd target need to stand more or ontop of the 1´st. Extremly short range(Belive its 3-4yards cleave range).
    I find the range on the cleave to be abysmal. I've found myself yelling at my tanks to move mobs closer so my Chim Shot will actually cleave, even when the mobs are holding hands already. They really need to increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    I find the range on the cleave to be abysmal. I've found myself yelling at my tanks to move mobs closer so my Chim Shot will actually cleave, even when the mobs are holding hands already. They really need to increase it.
    should probably be closer to glyphed icelance in terms of cleave arc.

Does the non cleave nature part hit for about as much as chimera did before the change? Or will it being able to cleave be required to do comparable damage to before?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Does the non cleave nature part hit for about as much as chimera did before the change? Or will it being able to cleave be required to do comparable damage to before?
    same as before

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Probably for PVP reasons.

Why not just change spells in PvP, like Binding Shot?

dont get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

dont get it
    You would think all MMOs these days have split skills

but nah lolololololo - devs

Deleted
    it works badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    This is what's puzzling me about the skill as well. Is the damage it does tuned around the assumption that you will be hitting two targets every time? Or does the primary shot deal the current Chimaera Shot's damage, with the cleave being a 'bonus', so to speak? Because if it's the former, I'm not sure how happy I am about MM's hardest hitting shot being turned into a situational AoE.
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2014-08-13 at 06:14 PM.

Cleave is currently 5 yards isn't it? Something like 8 yards would be a lot nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    This is what's puzzling me about the skill as well. Is the damage it does tuned around the assumption that you will be hitting two targets every time? Or does the primary shot deal the current Chimaera Shot's damage, with the cleave being a 'bonus', so to speak? Because if it's the former, I'm not sure how happy I am about MM's hardest hitting shot being turned into a situational AoE.
    It's a bonus. They can't nerf it or else it starts to have trouble competing with Aimed Shot in single target.

Ah I see, that's a relief.

Definitely needs a buff to its range. 5 yards is so small that some mobs won't even receive the cleave when tanked together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Definitely needs a buff to its range. 5 yards is so small that some mobs won't even receive the cleave when tanked together.
    To be exact, blizzard should make all effects radiate out from the edge of the hitbox rather then the center like it does currently, for practically everything. As it stands, all ranges count from the exact center of mobs, with only a few exceptions (Ragnaros, Ultraxion). Changing things to work from the outside of the hitbox rather then the middle of the hitbox for mobs would do wonders for all classes, without ANY effect on PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

dont get it
    I still haven't figured out why they just keep trying to make both PVE and PVP around the same rules, and just keep adding exceptions when they really can't find a compromise. It doesn't benefit anyone. PVP complains when an ability gets change because of PVE, and PVE complains when it's getting change because of PVP.

I always thought Blizzard should approach PVE v. PVP the same way they approached StarCraft 2, Campaign vs Multiplayer.

There can be basic rules in both, but they never limited themselves when designing both Campaign and tuning Multiplayer. Because they perfectly knew it was impossible to bring the best for each, without screwing up the other. My guess is that they know the solution, but feel like it's too late to change their design now, and will only fix this when and if they make a new MMO with both pve and pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I still haven't figured out why they just keep trying to make both PVE and PVP around the same rules, and just keep adding exceptions when they really can't find a compromise. It doesn't benefit anyone. PVP complains when an ability gets change because of PVE, and PVE complains when it's getting change because of PVP.

I always thought Blizzard should approach PVE v. PVP the same way they approached StarCraft 2, Campaign vs Multiplayer.

There can be basic rules in both, but they never limited themselves when designing both Campaign and tuning Multiplayer. Because they perfectly knew it was impossible to bring the best for each, without screwing up the other. My guess is that they know the solution, but feel like it's too late to change their design now, and will only fix this when and if they make a new MMO with both pve and pvp.
    that would come at the expense of MANY raid tiers

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Cleave is currently 5 yards isn't it? Something like 8 yards would be a lot nicer.

It's a bonus. They can't nerf it or else it starts to have trouble competing with Aimed Shot in single target.
    5 yards is indeed small, but I think part of it is the hitboxes of mobs. Makes things a tad difficult.
    Rankings are hard to do when people don't do their jobs right. :S