Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Valor & JP- Are you spending or Hoarding?

So still haven't seen any word on what the conversion rate will be, and trying to decide what to do on my alts.

I can either upgrade their gear before the patch drops, or I can let the valor roll over to gold.

What are you all doing?

Gear's going to be replaced anyway, you might as well just let it convert into gold! All your newly upgraded gear is going to be rendered useless shortly after the first few quests.

Not really. Upgraded heroic gear will last until the last zone, and will be fine for starting normal dungeons at 100.

Even 4/4 normal gear will last for quite some time.

If it was a 1:1 conversion and I'd get a few K? Sure, why not. But if it's less than 1k for capped valor? Doesn't seem worth it, as fast as gold comes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it'll be 35 silver per point, as usual.

just built up a bunch to buy the heirloom weapon from the brawlers guild that's evidently going away.

Deleted
    It's 1050g for 3000 vp and 1400g for 4000 jp, that's 2450g total if you're capped, peanuts....

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Gear's going to be replaced anyway, you might as well just let it convert into gold! All your newly upgraded gear is going to be rendered useless shortly after the first few quests.
    Heroic Warforged gear won't be replaced until 98 or so.

Hoarding, but I'm also unsubbed currently so I am biased.
    Stay salty my friends.

I only started replacing my LFR gear at 96, and still have my legendary cloak.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you intend to use the JP for. If it's for heirlooms, mounts, etc., then spend the JP now. JP's buying power right now will be stronger than gold buying power in WoD in regards to what I just mentioned.

Otherwise, may as well hold on to it and allow it to be converted into money.

Edit: Sorry, for some reason I read that as justice points. Still, I think you'd be happier using the VP to upgrade gear since it will actually last you a ways into WoD. The conversion rate - historically - for badges/points has never been that good.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2014-10-03 at 03:39 AM. Reason: oops
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

With all the caps in the game, you can't hoard anything... :P

Some of my characters have been capped out for months.

VP/JP has been irrelevant to me since SoO launched if not before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    With all the caps in the game, you can't hoard anything... :P
    Probably a good thing... you should see my lesser charms and Timeless coins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's 1050g for 3000 vp and 1400g for 4000 jp, that's 2450g total if you're capped, peanuts....
    Most definitely hording on 4 characters xD. I have nothing to upgrade on 3 and the 4th is meh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    VP/JP has been irrelevant to me since SoO launched if not before.
    Then you either didn't do any SoO at all, or your gear isn't upgraded. Cause VP has been relevant as long as you've been getting new pieces of gear.

anyone know if I can buy the t11 set that is currently purchased with jp when the 6.0 patch hits with gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    anyone know if I can buy the t11 set that is currently purchased with jp when the 6.0 patch hits with gold

It is in the vendor, all 5 pieces (including the shoulders!) together cost ~950 gold.
    Also T12 is in the vendor for around the same price.

5 of my alts have no real use for any more upgrades, unless I happen to get a new drop this week, or unless I decide to finish upgrading an offset.

The other 5, I'll probably upgrade the "best" items, as the extra 4-5k really is a drop in the bucket.

I've got every loom, most upgraded, doubles of all the ones that can be DW'd, and all the honor mounts, so no real point in not capping JP for the extra gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaia View Post
    It is in the vendor, all 5 pieces (including the shoulders!) together cost ~950 gold.
    Also T12 is in the vendor for around the same price.
    sweet thanks, I got the heroic tokens for my dk yesterday but i cant be bothered farming like 4k jp to uy 2 pieces, id rather wait 2 weeks

question: if i'm not hoarding, what can i spend the justice points on? cause gear upgrades are only valor, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Dam you're pretty silly xD hc wf is 588 (upgraded) and First quest in wod gives 506, so you'll probably not switch out until 98-100
    But maby max level is "the first few quests"