Please give me some advices to attend Blizzcon 2015 - I am not from USA

Hi guys, I am not from USA but I really want to assist to a Blizzcon, obviously I know that I am not going to be able to travel this year but probably the next.

The thing is that I am planning to travel alone, and it is going to be the first time that I am traveling to Los Angeles (I have been traveled to Miami when I was a kid but with my parents)

I can speak english so - so (I play in SARGERAS and people usually understand what I am saying) but I dont have any relatives or friends in that state, so any recommendations (traveling agencies, hotels, transportation, etc) are totally welcome.

P.D : I am going to travel totally legal, I have the visitor visa for tourists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Others will give you better advice on places to stay - my advice is to not worry about that part yet. Booking places to stay is the easy part - it is MUCH harder to get Blizzcon tickets, even with the ticket system getting better each year.

I really do recommend trying to connect with somebody you know at Blizzcon if you go. Book hotels way in advance, don't plan to stay at the Hilton or Marriot at the convention center unless you're ready to shell out some serious cash. That said, the plane tickets are going to cost you more than the hotel will anyways. You shouldn't need a travel agency though, it's a pretty straight forward affair.

One other thing: fly into John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, instead of LAX. LAX blows. Renting a car at JWA should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    One other thing: fly into John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, instead of LAX. LAX blows. Renting a car at JWA should be easy.
    I agree with this. I've had poor experiences with LAX. Santa Ana is minutes from Anaheim where BlizzCon is located, so I would also recommend flying into John Wayne.

If I remember correctly, Anaheim has a myriad of hotels (it's quite a hub for Disneyland tourists too). TripAdvisor might be a place to start, but like Herecius said, Hilton and Marriott are higher quality yet expensive hotels to stay in.

There's a lot of reasonably priced motels within walking distance of the convention center that also put you in decent walking distance of disneyland and the restaurants/shopping surrounding it. Personally I always stay at the Castle Inn and Suites which is basically on the corner at the end of the block from the convention center. As was previously mentioned the biggest challenge to going to blizzcon is always the ticket. You'll probably have to spend a lot of money on a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel though, a friend of mine said it cost her over 100 dollars usd. I live in california so i've always driven or taken the train down and can't say much about flying in.