Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why exactly does this happen to people completely consumed by fear or rage?

When a human is in a state of complete fear or rage, there's this sensation that feels like an extreme, numbingly cold high and they become surprisingly more resilient to pain or what they touch in their surroundings. It should also be noted it's not too uncommon people lose rational thought in this state and don't think over what they really do.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    The body dispenses stuff that will allow us to get out of undesirable sutuations faster: It's easier to get away from danger when you temporarily cannot feel pain.
    Basically, our body drugs us.

10+ Year Old Account
    That thing?

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    It's called Epinephrine. That's why.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    The body dispenses stuff that will allow us to get out of undesirable sutuations faster: It's easier to get away from danger when you temporarily cannot feel pain.
    Basically, our body drugs us.
    God damn body, peddling me drugs.
    But I do feel that sensation a lot, since it comes out when I sperg rage.Last time that happened they needed 8-10 fully grown men, a tazer, and near overdose levels of sedatives to calm me down.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2014-08-06 at 05:39 PM.

"Beware. Those blind with rage are by destiny ensnared."
    -Ariel. Legacy of Kain-

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofeedback
    its possible but is also very bad for our bodies, since we are not able to handle the stress.

I think the new rage mechanic works way better, but fear should be removed from the game completely.

Deleted
    There was a point in our History when the worst part of someones day wasn't stumbling on another Salandrin thread, this is a throwback to that.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I have a superpower where my enemies feel the pain they inflict on me instead!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a video of a woman who I doubt weighed more than 120-130 lbs practically flip a hatchback-style 2 door car that had run over her kid on its side to free him. It seriously looked like CG or something... but it was real. She tilted it at least 75-80 degrees from its level/ground position and held it long enough for onlookers to help her child out from underneath... it was unreal. Even my husband, who was a weightlifter and just hella-strong at the time, was like "holy shit..." as we watched it.

Its pretty amazing what our bodies can do when we, or our offspring, are threatened.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    When a human is in a state of complete fear or rage, there's this sensation that feels like an extreme, numbingly cold high and they become surprisingly more resilient to pain or what they touch in their surroundings. It should also be noted it's not too uncommon people lose rational thought in this state and don't think over what they really do.
    It's the adreneline. It can take away a lot of pain for a short period of time. It also makes precise finger movement very difficult.

People experience it differently but that sounds like what you are talking about.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I saw a video of a woman who I doubt weighed more than 120-130 lbs practically flip a hatchback-style 2 door car that had run over her kid on its side to free him. It seriously looked like CG or something... but it was real. She tilted it at least 75-80 degrees from its level/ground position and held it long enough for onlookers to help her child out from underneath... it was unreal. Even my husband, who was a weightlifter and just hella-strong at the time, was like "holy shit..." as we watched it.

Its pretty amazing what our bodies can do when we, or our offspring, are threatened.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

It's almost impossible to verify or monitor owing to the sheer rarity of it, but as stated, they do believe it to be possible indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I get angry I have no sensation of pain and do things that I shouldn't be capable of. I lose more than rational thought...I get memory blackouts, it's like I'm some other person.

So don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry.

The amount of money I spend on trouser repairs, you wouldn't believe.

It's called adrenaline, and the Fight or Flight response. A survival instinct, and it's very powerful, but also drains the body heavily when it's worn off.

I wish we could get that extra strength without the need for rage.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was angry last night, and today I am very tired by the effects it causes.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Adrenaline removes the initial shock and pain of an injury, and is also responsible for the increased heart rate and tingly feeling. Endorphines remove any further pain, and are responsible for the weird part where you feel high and almost out of mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    When I get angry I have no sensation of pain and do things that I shouldn't be capable of. I lose more than rational thought...I get memory blackouts, it's like I'm some other person.

So don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry.

The amount of money I spend on trouser repairs, you wouldn't believe.
    This actually happened to me once, when I was in elementary school. Kinda scary, but the stunned look from the 4th grader (I was 1st or 2nd) I had by the collar felt goooooooooooooood