Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Expansion Idea: Return of Deathwing

Expansion Idea So I have had this idea in my head for awhile and I wanted to get it out so tell me what you think about it.

Return of Deathwing:

Added Content:
    -New Faction
    -New World
    -New Battle Ground
    -New Races (duh, new faction means new races)

Story:
    You thought you knew how it ended. Deathwing was killed, everyone was happy, safe. But no, that's not what happened. No one was safe, and Deathwing defiantly was not dead. He was hidden, hidden far away, away from Azaroth, on the planet Outlands. Hidden under the surface in a tight prison cell, he grew stronger and angrier. Healthier and way smarter. Years passed and the races of Azeroth found a new friend to call their own, the Pandaren. The Pandaren were strong, but not strong enough to take on Deathwing himself. He knew that he was almost ready. One more year passed and he was ready, ready to fly out of his underground prison and take revenge on all the monsters out on the unholy land of Azeroth.

He flew out and left a hole in the ground the size of a moon, and spit fire scorching the pit, setting fire to the prison guards, and leaving the iron bars, holding him captive all those years, in melted puddle. Deathwing flew to Azeroth and memories flashed through his head of years ago when he was being captured. Those thoughts made him angrier, and wanting revenge way more then ever. He let out a roar and blasted fire on the towns below him. Guards launched spears at him and all that did was make him angrier. Deathwing arrived at his first destination, Stormwind and he left it a pile of ashes and nothing more then that. He repeated this through all of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. He finshed his evil deed and flew off to an unknown area, far off from Azeroth and the Outlands.

Far off back on Azeroth Sylvanas and Garrosh were in an argument once again, once that lead Slyvanas to completely leave the Horde and start a whole new faction called The Scourge. She rallied up the Undead, the ones who would remain loyal to her and not to the Horde, and set off to find more followers of her cause. A few days passed and Garrosh lead the Horde out of Azeroth and into the Outlands, where they will now be positioned for awhile, and Slyvanas had gotten an idea. She used her Val' kyr to raise dead Blood Elves and she turned them into Darkfallen. She gathered ghouls and Undead Trolls to join her. With her deceptive was she recruited banshies, her own race, and also she recruited the Vrykul and Ymirjar. With her new 'friends' she ventured out to the ruins of Azeroth and start up her army of Scourge.

Back a few days thew Alliance were also having problems of their own. King Varyn Wren was planing on venturing out into the Twisting Neather to find a new area to call home. Days passed and problems arose. Some of the citizen of what was once Stormwind were not up for going somewhere new, they were going to either stay on Azeroth and rebuild, or live as refuges on Outland. The thought of living around with the Horde was much easier to think about to them then going out and finding a new place apparently. They took the portal into the Outland and the Horde welcomed them with an open heart. There they were giving information to the Horde about the Alliance and were treated with respect. At first the Horde leaders weren't to excited about the idea, but they proved useful. They eventually became part of the Horde and called themselves the Banished, 'cause they felt like they were banished from the Alliance.

The Alliance were on the lookout for a new place to call home. They spotted a lush planet filled with tons of friendly wildlife. They landed on it and met the natives. They look like they have been stranded on the planet for sometime and were doing a terrible job of keeping their elves alive. The Alliance were helping them survive and soon became part of the their faction. These people were named the High Elves. A few weeks passed and they were doing a good job of surviving and thriving on the planet and its name soon became Clerica.

New Faction: The Scourge
    Races:
    Undead
    Undead Trolls
    Darkfallen
    Val'kyr
    Ymirjar
    Banshies
    Vrykul
    Ghouls

New World:
    Clerica is a lush planet where some of the High Elves crash landed not that long ago. The Alliance found the planet and helped the High Elves live and soon invited them to become part of the Alliance.

New BG:
    The new battle ground is a three way game where it is set in one of the three factions worlds. The goal of the game is to either take over the factions base of the one hosting the world or defend if it is your world being attacked. If you win you get a buff called, 'I Won!' and it doubles your experience gain for 15 mins. If you lose you get a debuff for 15 mins called 'I lost' and it decreases your xp gain bye 10%

I hope you liked the idea! Comment or whatever its called on this thread on how you though it was.

Mod-note: Locked the thread. We are all permitted to share ideas and thoughts but this one seems more to be in the direction of trolling than an actually thought out idea.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-10 at 08:48 AM.

Most likely they gonna add 8 races

I'd be really angry if Deathwing returned to WoW no matter how you want to present it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I...I don't even know where to start.
    No. Just no.

Oh and as for garrosh and sylvanas arguing... You are up to date on current lore, aren't you?
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-08-10 at 02:08 AM.

i would quit.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

I wonder how many people you are trying to piss off at once with this, legitimately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

no no no no no no NO NO NO NO

No Thank You! The only expansion I would accept in the future where we are still on Azeroth would be Old God Themed. Other than that, get us the fuck off this planet. We have some Titans to meet and some universal bad guys to slay!

The only reason I'd say this is unlikely is because I'm pretty sure Deathwing had a huge hole in his chest already, and got another after Madness.
    And that he fell into Deepholm again, which we have access to so I'm pretty sure they could check if he was dead or not.

I think we already have enough of RecycleCraft in this game. No one can stay dead, because God forbid they ever introduce completely new characters like they did in WC3.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is hell no, having to deal with him once was enough..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think we already have enough of RecycleCraft in this game. No one can stay dead, because God forbid they ever introduce completely new characters like they did in WC3.
    Yeah precisely with WoD we are getting very close to an entire recycled xpac having another one featuring DW again um no would remind me too much of the really bad points that were in Cata..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea where this story is going but I couldn't stop reading.

Dude, when was the last time you even played world of warcraft? Keep up to date with current lore before spinning off past events into something ridiculous.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The fact that Deathwing got sparkle beam'd by green jesus can ensure this jumble of nostalgia and fanon never comes to fruition. But I give a 5/10 for effort.
    That and I think the ex Dragon Aspects would be pretty pissed to have him return after giving up their powers to kill him the first time..

And having Garrosh still around when we still don't know what happens to him in WoD is pushing it..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-08-10 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    That and I think the ex Dragon Aspects would be pretty pissed to have him return after giving up their powers to kill him the first time..

And having Garrosh still around when we still don't know what happens to him in WoD is pushing it..
    We kind of do know what happens to him..... He dies

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Well, theirs a lot of added balance issues I could see, but other than that, the lore isn't bad. But we had an entire xpac about DW, so..

Deleted
    *Puts gun to head*

Possibly the worst idea I've ever heard. None of the lore makes any sense at all and a third faction will always be a terrible idea. 99% certain this isn't a serious idea though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yrel looks promising
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not like to see Deathwing brought back in any meaningful way, but I wouldn't mind a nod to him in a quest, like the Twighlight Cultists are trying to bring him back and we kill them all in a dungeon. Deathwing propped up in his humanoid form on a throne in the background.
    After we kill the cultists and complete the dungeon, we can walk up and destroy the body.