Poll: What you prefer for multi FPS games?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    The PC is always going to be technically better because of the precision, but given PC for me is sat at a desk and Console is on the couch or in bed, I would vote Console for which I *enjoy* the most.
    What stops you from using your TV as a monitor and using a PC instead of a console, in the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Not that I so much disagree with this. But I can remember getting like 12-14 headshots in a row in BFBC2 on PS3, was a good day

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about BF3, the SCAR kicked as much as guns did in BF2, and that is saying something!
    Yep, and also :

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I... don't really agree with the bolded part. That REALLY depends on the exact game you're playing.

Example 1 - I played BF3 on PC with my xbox 360 controller. Did more than fine. Why? Virtually zero aiming skill involved in BF/CoD like games to begin with.
    Define fine. For you, fine might be having a K/D ratio = 1. For others, fine is having a K/D> 10. It really depends on what you want.

Deleted
    If you're serious about playing FPS, ALWAYS play it on your PC. You have a much better pin-point accuracy.

If you were to face off the world's best PC gamer versus the world's best console gamer the latter would get totally dominated.

Regarding Battlefield, it has vehicles and a lot of players say that in order to fly a helicopter or jet, a controller is better. For jets I can't speak since I don't fly them but for helicopters it's completely false. M/K is much better, same reason: pin-point accuracy.

When big game devs show off their new upcoming shooters, mostly demonstrated on consoles, I can't help but laugh because it just looks so retarded watching them play with a gamepad. Just take a look at the first demonstrated BF: Hardline video, it's cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Yep, and also :

Define fine. For you, fine might be having a K/D ratio = 1. For others, fine is having a K/D> 10. It really depends on what you want.
    Really depends on who you're playing against but if its random public games I would be expecting multiple games of 5.0 or higher K/D wise to be doing "well" in a game like that. Not so much because you shoot so good compared to them you out skill them or w/e. Its because the game has a really heavy focus on positioning and a nearly insurmountable advantage when you get the first shots on someone. So if you're playing derpy people just rushing forward having fun you'll probably be destroying them because you're setup to shoot them first. The equal playing field shootout doesn't really go down too often in CoD/BF which is why using a controller vs a m/kb isn't as big of a deal in games like that.

Deleted
    PC always be better ... so why to pick something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    If you were to face off the world's best PC gamer versus the world's best console gamer the latter would get totally dominated.
    *In accuracy

Sorry but the notion that a console gamer, somehow couldn't win on pure wit and tactical skill, is a little off

Deleted
    *In accuracy

Sorry but the notion that a console gamer, somehow couldn't win on pure wit and tactical skill, is a little off
    You are right. I should have mentioned of equal skill. It's theoretical, but accurate.

Deleted
    I never in my life played a FPS on a Console and never will. My last Console was a N64 and thats it forever.

*In accuracy

Depends on the game. Let's see a console gamer play Arma on a controller.

As someone who has spent alot of time on both they have thier advantages.

Aiming is better on PC, and you can get more bindings and more macros but, movement oriented games and vehicle heavy games are far better on dual analog. Analog sticks offer a much better option of movement vs keyboard buttons and thats as much fact as aiming is easyer on pc. But with time people can become adept at aiming with controllers.

Also one thing iv noticed when comparing bf on console to bf on pc. FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more hackers on bf on pc. And you dont have the server problem on console that you do on pc, as the MM always finds you games and matchs where as it can be a pain to find decent servers at odd hours on pc or if the game has been out for a while ie bf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Depends on the game. Let's see a console gamer play Arma on a controller.
    Damn! You got me there

Quote Originally Posted by Slackz View Post
    I never in my life played a FPS on a Console and never will. My last Console was a N64 and thats it forever.

That article has been linked for 4 years and every time i point out there is absolutely no credible source for that at all and as far as its presented with no proof or source its nothing more than an opinion piece.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I haven't played fps on mouse+keyboard for years, and when I tried last time it was disaster, real problem is the keyboard that doesn't let you walk so smoth as analog stick.
    Trust me when I tried play fps on controller for first time it was hard adjustment, as I played only on PC for years, but after some time it's in your blood.

(I know this poll be like 99% for PC though, mmochampion is pretty much PC oriented site.)
    If analog movement is such a big thing for you, you could always play with your left hand on a plugged in controller, using a stick for movement and your right hand on your mouse for aiming/shooting, obviously using a keypad mouse (Logitech G600 or the much shittier Razer Naga) for 12+ additional keybinds on your mouse.

Granted, analog movement isn't as vital as you think. The only time I absolutely need a controller (and not because I need analog movement) is for platformers. I'll also opt to use a controller for TPS (3rd Person Shooters) at times, though it's not needed.

Also, keep in mind that PC gives you the option of both M&K or controllers. Consoles do not have this luxury, nor can you keybind nearly as many things. PCs always due to their massive flexibility (and improved everything such as FPS and graphics, just to start)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    That article has been linked for 4 years and every time i point out there is absolutely no credible source for that at all and as far as its presented with no proof or source its nothing more than an opinion piece.
    There may not be proof of Microsoft doing that, but it's pretty much a proven fact that analog aiming simply cannot keep up with the precision of a mouse.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

There may not be proof of Microsoft doing that, but it's pretty much a proven fact that analog aiming simply cannot keep up with the precision of a mouse.
    Where has it been proven?

yeah i actually believe that article personally, there have been a bunch of games that were slated for crossplatform multiplayer but never happened, CS:GO was supposed to allow pc vs console. was one of its original selling points. then you have games like dead rising which is near enough a strait port. even without a competitive aspect purely co-op still didn't happen.

honestly though if you want to sit on a couch and game, then go for the console. if you don't mind being at a desk, go pc. if you want to play a fps with deadzone in the center of the screen it simply wouldn't play right at all with analogues. arma/ro2, no deadzone, maybe but not as fun. personally i think fps on console is sort of a slap in the face to the genre, everything it means to compete is pissed on by the inclusion of aim assist, sure its not a full blown aim hack but having the crosshair glue itself to enemy torso's is not what i want to play fps's for, i actually want to do the aiming myself, and even then, not large blocky movements with an analogue stick. if aim assist were a feature in any new pc shooter i can guarantee it would have a dead multiplayer.

the full article on crossplatform is here http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/con...gainst-pc.html
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-10 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Where has it been proven?
    Someone only needs to do an experiment and post the data. I assume no one wants to really waste their time with stuff they already know, so I guess I can't say it's been proven, but well, feel free to experiment for yourself. Buy the same game on PC and console (or buy on your preferred and have a friend who usually buys the opposite of you), tweak the sensitivity to your liking, then see which one you aim better on. For FPS games, I've found 100% of the time that I do better on PCs. In fact, the only games where I know I do better with a controller (which, guess what, a PC can also use) is platformers (buttons > keys on a keyboard for platformers)) and 3rd person games (analog movement is pretty vital for TPV games).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

PC.

Sitting at a desk with a keyboard and mouse is the superior experience for me. Macros/dpi adjustment etc. make the experience more customizable which is a plus. I use to play a ton of shooters with a controller and I think it isn't a harder device to use, it's just a worse device. If that makes sense.

Also the PC community is better, which is saying something. (Atleast compared to xbox live, never tried psonline.)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always hook up kb+mouse to a console, and have the best of PC world and the best of consoles, in the form of whatever title is exclusive for them.

And please, stop with the controller is "smoother" or whatever, I tried that Halo thing once and it was a disaster. Plus it has so few buttons, it's embarrassing.
    I don't even like "multi FPS" games anymore, but I certainly wouldn't play them with a gamepad.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Aiming - Pc
    Movement - Console

The on/off of keyboards movements don't feel as nice as gently pushing the Analog stick up to walk, jog or sprint.

But for aiming, PC has it beat. Just because you can costomize your mouse to feel right for you (or get use to it) and able to quickly (under a half second) turn and shoot with really good aim.

Over 3000 hours played on CSS (5 on cs:go, don't like FPS much anymore).

Steam is working on a nice controller that may make it just like playing on PC, and with it being 100% hackable people will most likely be able to convert it to work with ps4 and Xbox one.

Also the PC community is better, which is saying something.
    That is extremly debatable. After picking up bf4 for pc recently i have to say i much prefer the console community where people arnt crying hacker every 13 seconds or crying non stop in chat.

And please, stop with the controller is "smoother" or whatever, I tried that Halo thing once and it was a disaster.
    Maby your just bad at it? Just because you cant handle it doesnt mean its terrible.

and able to quickly (under a half second) turn and shoot with really good aim.
    Go watch pro console tourneys and watch what they do. They do exactly that.

Plus it has so few buttons, it's embarrassing.
    How? Millions manage, why are you incapable.

Steam is working on a nice controller that may make it just like playing on PC, and with it being 100% hackable people will most likely be able to convert it to work with ps4 and Xbox one.
    Steam is pulling a nintendo, trying to be special and different. Sorry but ill stick with an analog controller rather than a trackpad on a controller.