Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can any game top Battlefield 4 in the cheating department?

After over 2 decades of gaming I think Battlefield 4 has hit a new low in cheating.

I played it almost all day, and in every single match I came across multiple people who were using an aimbot or similar. Not the oh hes doing well so he might be aimbotting type observation. No I mean the obvious shooting directly into the air and hitting people standing behind them aimbotting. The one shoting someone from across the map with an SMG, through a mountain in the middle, type of aimbotting.

Then on top of that you have the 25-35% of players on each server which are only playing on that server due to DICE's built in latency compensation (ping hack), which makes it so honest players shots won't register on high ping players for a good .5s-1s; and makes it so you are constantly getting shot after ducking behind cover. A system that makes it so you get a bunch of Brazilians, Chinese, and Europeans playing on the US servers just so they can win any close encounter. And of course the EU servers are plagued with Americans and Canadians doing the same garbage.

Yet not once did I come across an admin, or any mechanism to deal with this rampant cheating and exploiting. In fact to report cheating in BF4, you have to exit the game, wait for a "report" to show up after the match ends, find the player in the report, find the biohazard icon by that player, click it, then fill out a dam form. Makes me wonder if DICE even wants to stop cheating with such a horrible system.

Even in the worst CS servers back in the day there was always a mod in there once an hour to take out the garbage. Same with DoD, and TF, and even back in Battlefield 1942 and 2. Yet for BF these days it seems cheating is not only running rampant on the servers; the developers are intentionally making it easy to exploit.

So I ask you, what game have you played that had rampant hacking or exploiting? And can it top BF4?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    To be honest, I can think of maybe three cases of definite cheating in my entire gaming life (granted a lot of that is on consoles who are hard to hack). And I always find it very weird, because I have played a lot of Planetside 2, and people on forums and ingame are saying it is rampant with hackers and cheaters, yet I have seen one act of wallhack and a immortality bug after being revived (that is two instances in 500 hours of gameplay).
    BF3 I saw a single aimbot, and that was in about 100 hours of gameplay.

I am just extremely lucky not getting grouped against them? Or do I just not detect hackers/cheaters?

I suppose it is one of the rare benefits of console play.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing BF4 for about two weeks now I think, and only once have I seen really obvious cheating. Are you not playing on the Punkbustr servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    After over 2 decades of gaming I think Battlefield 4 has hit a new low in cheating.

I played it almost all day, and in every single match I came across multiple people who were using an aimbot or similar. Not the oh hes doing well so he might be aimbotting type observation. No I mean the obvious shooting directly into the air and hitting people standing behind them aimbotting. The one shoting someone from across the map with an SMG, through a mountain in the middle, type of aimbotting.

Then on top of that you have the 25-35% of players on each server which are only playing on that server due to DICE's built in latency compensation (ping hack), which makes it so honest players shots won't register on high ping players for a good .5s-1s; and makes it so you are constantly getting shot after ducking behind cover. A system that makes it so you get a bunch of Brazilians, Chinese, and Europeans playing on the US servers just so they can win any close encounter. And of course the EU servers are plagued with Americans and Canadians doing the same garbage.

Yet not once did I come across an admin, or any mechanism to deal with this rampant cheating and exploiting. In fact to report cheating in BF4, you have to exit the game, wait for a "report" to show up after the match ends, find the player in the report, find the biohazard icon by that player, click it, then fill out a dam form. Makes me wonder if DICE even wants to stop cheating with such a horrible system.

Even in the worst CS servers back in the day there was always a mod in there once an hour to take out the garbage. Same with DoD, and TF, and even back in Battlefield 1942 and 2. Yet for BF these days it seems cheating is not only running rampant on the servers; the developers are intentionally making it easy to exploit.

So I ask you, what game have you played that had rampant hacking or exploiting? And can it top BF4?
    Halo 2 stand by, hackers, modding. Impossible to go beyond high 30s.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know anyone played Battlefield 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I suppose it is one of the rare benefits of console play.
    That's bullshit. They're just as easy to use and cost about the same on console as well.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I didn't know anyone played Battlefield 4.
    I didn't know Battlefield 4 actually let anyone play it even if they wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    That's bullshit. They're just as easy to use and cost about the same on console as well.
    There are still cheats for the Consoles, yet because the games now are often without dedicated servers, or are utilizing Microsoft's or Sony's servers, hacking on them has become a lot harder then on the PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I didn't know Battlefield 4 actually let anyone play it even if they wanted to.
    Find me another game where I get to shoot helicopters out of the air with a tank, or strap C4 to a motor bike, do a wicked jump on it, then explode the C4 as I drive right into a personnel carrier.

Only game for vehicular and ground combat now I think.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are still cheats for the Consoles, yet because the games now are often without dedicated servers, or are utilizing Microsoft's or Sony's servers, hacking on them has become a lot harder then on the PC.
    You truly have no idea what you're talking about...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I've been playing BF4 for about two weeks now I think, and only once have I seen really obvious cheating. Are you not playing on the Punkbustr servers?
    Conquest + Conq Large, 64, US West, Official, with punk enabled. Though punkbuster has become quite the joke in the last few years. Even heard they ditched it on Titanfall for VAC.

you couldnt post this in the bf4 thread ?

All popular pc games have hackers. somthing you have to deal with.

Deleted
    Cheating in a Multiplayer FPS game, Colour me shocked.
    One of the many reasons I stopped playing multiplayer - FPS games with any sort of passion was after a friend showed me his hacks for Counter strike, And how he simply set it up and played not to be blatantly obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    you couldnt post this in the bf4 thread ?

All popular pc games have hackers. somthing you have to deal with.
    Its more about cheating in general than BF4. I should have picked a better title.

And is that really true? I rarely if ever came across a cheater in over 2500 hours played of TF2. Or CSS and CS back before that. But then the valve game server setup seemed to make it more likely you had an admin, or an easy way to votekick someone. The only CoD I really played the MP part of was 4, and I can't remember much cheating in it either.

Then in all my 500 days played in WoW, outside the gold farmers doing their crazy letter spelling or flashing across the continents; I never saw much cheating. Maybe in a few out of thousands of Arena matches someone was using that interrupt hack.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-08-10 at 04:27 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that with fps games on the pc there is virtually no way to stop the hacking since the client files are local and it's easy to intercept the data traffic between the client and server to do wallhacks, aimbots, etc. It's the radar gun/radar detector arms race-type situation where the hack detectors are always improving but the hacks are always a step ahead. One example, in Titanfall the hack detectors started flagging accounts with perfect 100% hits every time that were clear aimbotters. So the hack makers added code to occasionally miss to seem more human to get around it. Hack makers realized long ago that a lot of people want to win at all costs and are happy to pay a $10 a month subscription to hacking services, which is the going rate. Almost all (and especially the major ones like CoD, BF, Titanfall, etc.) of the fps pc games having a thriving hack maker market. It's big money which means a lot of incentive. The hacks do about anything nowadays with aimbot, no recoil, wallhacks (probably the most important one), etc. If you can see opponents anywhere on the map at anytime including those hiding behind walls, it makes the game very very easy.

Personally, I don't understand the joy in winning only by cheating. A lot people don't know about the hacks or just think that anyone claiming hacks must just be bad players. But simply Google BF4, or Titanfall, or CoD hacks and you'll find plenty yourself. The makers sell them by sub service so they can provide updates usually within a day of any changes in the hack detectors. They aren't new, the market has been around for 5+ years now and is bigger than ever. For me, it's reached a point and the failure of game companies to come up with technology that can stop these has put me a the point that I'll only play fps games on console where it's a level playing field. It stinks because I have a high-end gaming PC and my graphics could be great, better audio, better controls, but it all goes out the window when you end up on PC just feeling like you're playing up some hackers ego. Not that all PC fps players do hack, but plenty of them do. Most of the experienced ones also aren't totally blatant about it either because they know they'd be reported quickly. They use it selectively as needed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find me another game where I get to shoot helicopters out of the air with a tank, or strap C4 to a motor bike, do a wicked jump on it, then explode the C4 as I drive right into a personnel carrier.

Only game for vehicular and ground combat now I think.
    Planetside 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    BF4 is a joke, I played perhaps 5 games then went back to BF3 because 4 was a pile of garbage.

Its more about cheating in general than BF4. I should have picked a better title.

And is that really true? I rarely if ever came across a cheater in over 2500 hours played of TF2. Or CSS and CS back before that. But then the valve game server setup seemed to make it more likely you had an admin, or an easy way to votekick someone. The only CoD I really played the MP part of was 4, and I can't remember much cheating in it either.

Then in all my 500 days played in WoW, outside the gold farmers doing their crazy letter spelling or flashing across the continents; I never saw much cheating. Maybe in a few out of thousands of Arena matches someone was using that interrupt hack.
    They were all over css cz cs1.6 and before.

Wow is alot harder to hack due to the information being server side. Your just really sheltered from the sound of it.

This right here OP is why I stopped playing FPS games. I only play on the PC because I don't really enjoy console gaming at all. I pre-ordered BFBC2 and in every single match there were multiple aimbotters/hackers. I just gave up on the genre entirely after that

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Honestly, I've played a ton of online FPS over the years and can think of maybe a few dozen times I've run into clear instances of someone hacking, most of it in the earlier days of CS 1.x

Almost every time I'm in a match with someone calling someone else a hacker, the suspected hacker is simply considerably better than most of the other folks and some madbads don't want to accept that they're getting wrecked. Hell, I used to routinely get banned from servers in CS 1.x for "hacking" simply because I could wallbang folks and get pretty reliable headshots (when I was at my prime), and casual clans/servers that had never had a proper scrim in their lives couldn't handle the fact that someone was playing with them who wasn't a total scrub.