Anyhope for Quick/Cheap Leatherworking and Tailoring leveling?

Anyhope for Quick/Cheap Leatherworking and Tailoring leveling? Smiths got the ability to level up very cheaply/quickly using just ghost iron. Any hope we may get that with tailoring and leatherworking? It kind of sucks that you spend massive amounts of gold on wrath/cata materials only to get a few measily gold back vendoring or disenchanting the products.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    Smiths got the ability to level up very cheaply/quickly using just ghost iron.
    Really? When did they nerf the amount of ghost iron needed? Cause last time I checked you needed a ludicrous amount(something like 4-5k bars).

But yes, it would appear they are introducing some kind of catch-up mechanism for crafting professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    In Warlords, Herbalism and Mining will be changing to a fishing-like structure, where skill ups can be obtained from any nodes, and only the result of what you get is based on skill level. Materials to level up crafting can be obtained wholly within the newest content (Warlords) with catch up recipes like Cooking saw in Mists, and potentially additional paths to allow players to avoid having to go back to old content, if they wish.

Ghost Iron is really cheap.

Anything past iron up to ghost iron is pretty expensive on many realms.

Same with tailoring, past wool. (Used to be silk before shattering) it starts getting stupid.

FML... Shamans suck.

Yeah, but you need like 5x as much ghost iron as anything else, and it's not that much cheaper.

Truthfully no, but when you have farmers that can CoD you green tea leaf and ghost iron @ 14-17g a stack compared to 50g a stack for Iron ore or 200-300 for fel iron / adamant. I dont even wanna get into Frostweave/Embersilk.... Unless you are making bags that shit will eat up 2-3k easily. For some reason I can never keep cloth farmers on my friends list very long. I suspect blizz can monitor those people that run 10 instances / hr for 8-12 hrs a day and ban them quickly.

FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    There is. It's decently grindy and tied to garrison, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    Anyhope for Quick/Cheap Leatherworking and Tailoring leveling?
    Realistically you can pick one of two: Quick or Cheap.

There's always the quick method by sourcing your materials through AH but it ain't cheap OR you can farm the actual mats and level professions cheaply but it won't be fast.

So far, there's an upcoming change in skinning that allows for partial skin fragments to be collected on higher level mobs but I believe they can only be converted to the max level mat so it has limited usage for max level LW (vs leveling LW).

I suppose if there was a leather trader that might help the system out a bit (similar to how there is an ink trader for Scribes)
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.