Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    I'm going to disagree a bit. If you buy cutting edge stuff it will actually last longer before it gets to a point of having issues running new games. I spent a bunch of money on my computer and got all the cutting edge stuff at the time (5 years ago) and it can still hold its own with new machines and run anything you can throw at it. I always buy at the beginning of a product cycle. So if you can wait, I would wait. At least for the next nvidia series cards.
    Yet the final 10% performance increase tends to be extremely costly. Like R9 290 vs 290X for example. By buying the second best you can upgrade more often and get smoother performance over long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    Yet the final 10% performance increase tends to be extremely costly. Like R9 290 vs 290X for example. By buying the second best you can upgrade more often and get smoother performance over long period of time.
    True. I guess I am talking about always getting the most recent product line and waiting for it if it is soon to come out. For example, I need a new graphics card but I will wait for the 800 series to come out. I won't buy the highest card, but I will buy the second highest which is usually a fair bit cheaper.