Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Men and Women are completely equal! Except if a man and a woman have sex while drunk. Then it's the man's responsibility to know better!

Glad to see that certain parties are absolved of certain consequences of their drunken actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Men and Women are completely equal! Except if a man and a woman have sex while drunk. Then it's the man's responsibility to know better!

Glad to see that certain parties are absolved of certain consequences of their drunken actions.
    Equality ! Wins again
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Equality ! Wins again
    If this keeps happening, I almost feel compelled to write a dystopian Brave New World-esque novel to serve as a warning for what happens when a large amount of ass backwards groups get their way and change society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    I think this is something that needs to be stressed, maybe taught in sex ed classes. There actually is a common misconception that surrender is consent. "If you didn't want to, why didn't you fight back?" Because fear can be paralyzing.
    The problem with that is on victim to prove she felt fear. That's hard to do, and it's up to the victim. There's also a problem of how can a guy(That's not an asshole even know if the girl is scared or afraid). There has to be communication. I also find it odd why one drinks a lot before an encounter. Seems like it's just playing with fire.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The part I fine really disturbing about this has nothing to do with defining consent. That seems like a no brainer...

But why the fuck are colleges/universities given this power? I keep reading about this... I've never heard of it here.. but colleges/unis have a huge amount of prosecutory power in regards to rape on campus in the US - sometimes even involving student jurors/board!?!? I find this mind boggling... what happened to oh ya know police and courts?

Deleted
    Pretty sure it won't actually be a problem in regards to being drunk until you're at the point you're not coherent.

Fuck that if as a woman you can't keep yourself from making bad decisions while drinking, you shouldn't drink.
    This goes both ways. Some people would have you believe that half, or even more than half of all rape accusations are false, so sleeping with a stranger is obviously a very risky thing to do, on top of the myriad of other reasons like risk of pregnancy and diseases. It's like flashing a wad of cash in a notoriously bad neighborhood and expecting not to get robbed, right? Everyone needs to just learn to exercise some personal responsibility and take care of themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the whole College bit is just something I don't see going well at all...

"Most students don't know what consent is," she said. "I've asked at the workshops how many people think if a girl is blacked out drunk that it's OK to have sex with her. The amount of people who raised their hands was just startling."

That part of the article is exactly why this isn't a bad thing to define what it actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people would have you believe that half, or even more than half of all rape accusations are false.
    Humor me, where do you get your info regarding the amount of rapes that are false?

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    The part I fine really disturbing about this has nothing to do with defining consent. That seems like a no brainer...

But why the fuck are colleges/universities given this power? I keep reading about this... I've never heard of it here.. but colleges/unis have a huge amount of prosecutory power in regards to rape on campus in the US - sometimes even involving student jurors/board!?!? I find this mind boggling... what happened to oh ya know police and courts?
    Some colleges won't allow the accused to have witness testimonies, while others won't allow the accuser to use a rape kit as evidence. It really is absurd, on all levels. These matters need to be dealt with my the police.

- - - Updated - - -

Humor me, where do you get your info regarding the amount of rapes that are false?
    I was being satirical. There are people out there though who actually believe most rape accusations are false.

This goes both ways. Some people would have you believe that half, or even more than half of all rape accusations are false, so sleeping with a stranger is obviously a very risky thing to do, on top of the myriad of other reasons like risk of pregnancy and diseases. It's like flashing a wad of cash in a notoriously bad neighborhood and expecting not to get robbed, right? Everyone needs to just learn to exercise some personal responsibility and take care of themselves.
    Of course it goes both ways. But if it's brought in front of a judge we all know which side the hammer will come down on. Despite the shared guilt
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Perhaps a contract?

Or well, it's 2014, maybe an iPhone app with some kind of PIN on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But why the fuck are colleges/universities given this power?
    probably cause they wanna keep the number of reported rapes to as low number as possible
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Of course it goes both ways. But if it's brought in front of a judge we all know which side the hammer will come down on. Despite the shared guilt
    So protect yourself by only sleeping with sober, consenting people.

Just so you know, that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    probably cause they wanna keep the number of reported rapes to as low number as possible
    That would seem to be a reason to not give them this power :P

Because that's where all the drunken sex is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just so you know, that is not the case.
    I imagine the ratio of male versus female convictions would say otherwise.

I would be surprised if it actually made it to a courtroom. Despite widespread belief, you can't actually convict someone on word alone. The prosecution decides if the case is worth taking to court, and if there isn't any physical evidence or witnesses, odds are the police will inform the alleged victim that they simply don't have anything to work with.