Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    No, no, no. Do NOT turn this into a feminist issue, because it isn't at all. A feminist issue would be where a woman wants to do something which a guy can but a girl can't. Not the case here.
    It is a feminist issue, plain and simple, regardless of mine or anyone else's comments. If men were able to nurse babies, this would not even be an issue. It's only women that society seeks to cover up and shame, even when doing something that is completely natural and not shameful. Men can walk down the street freely with no shirt for no other reason that it's hot out and no one bats an eye. But a woman partially uncovers her top so her child can feed and all hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    If, as you say, there is nothing wrong it with, it is perfectly natural, it should be celebrated then why are these women being as discrete as they possibly can be?
    Because people like you get all worked up about it. Not everyone wants to get into a confrontation about things you know.

this is really just a debate about what level of decorum we want some people want the line slight more to the left or right then others so lets not get ourselves to worked up or angry.

Deleted
    Yet you refused to link where you got your date from... even when asked.

Polls mean NOTHING unless they can be accredited which is IMPOSSIBLE to do without knowing the source.
    Are you blind?

If, as you say, there is nothing wrong it with, it is perfectly natural, it should be celebrated then why are these women being as discrete as they possibly can be?
    Its called being polite. Like when you love your partner, you kiss them in the cheek in public, you don't stand up, show them your boner and say "I LUV U GURL!"

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    So, babies shouldn't be in public? After all, babies have to be nursed fairly often, and people's lives require them to be in public. Do you think dining or eating in general should be disallowed in public?
    I'll start by saying i'm in USA. I know it's different in every country.

I agree with this. Babies shouldn't be out in public. This isn't because of the breast feeding, this is because if someone is out in public we need to all be held to the same standards. This also falls under disturbing and creating screens. See if a man/woman(say 21) starts screaming or running around or making a scene in public they're going to get arrested/assaulted etc. But then people say a baby(and kids) doing the same thing or worse (crying/screaming/pooping) it's OKAY? No, you want to breast feed in public that's fine, but to have that kid out there in the first place you need to be in control of it or it needs to control itself and understand what's except able behavior. If you want to be able to tell everyone else what to do(let you breast feed in public but you can't show off the same parts normally) then hold yourself and your kid to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its called being polite. Like when you love your partner, you kiss them in the cheek in public, you don't stand up, show them your boner and say "I LUV U GURL!"
    So that's where I've been going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

You don't?

You're not doinitrite ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I don't mind it anywhere but where I eat (restaurant).
    not that I find it disgusting, I just can't stand irritating noises at the table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Holy shit your prejudices are showing.

OT: Completely fine with it. Glad it's illegal to ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in the UK, like Krothar said.
    He's actually wrong, or at least what he said was misleading; you can ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in the UK, all you are forbidden from doing is withholding any service you would normally provide to everyone, to a breastfeeding woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeyar View Post
    so is taking a shit, and you dont take a shit in public

anyways I don't care, it's fine to do it
    Taking a shit is not the same thing as eating. Surely you can see that?

No problem with it what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    What is wrong with breastfeeding? :O Jesus Christ, it's part of what we are ... the society is really going down the shitter.
    Not society, just America.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeyar View Post
    so is taking a shit, and you dont take a shit in public

anyways I don't care, it's fine to do it
    Technically, you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Taking a shit is not the same thing as eating. Surely you can see that?
    Think that's kinda his point, that the whole "it's natural" argument is really silly. You can be fine with breast feeding and still thinking going "it's natural" is rubbish.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I don't mind it at all. I absolutely do mind parents who believe that their ability to produce offspring entitles them to advantages and special consideration in society, but breastfeeding is hardly part of it. Babies need to eat, moms need to feed them, simple as that.

I absolutely have an issue with it. Rather the woman likes it or not she is exposing herself in public. Its the one time that exposing yourself in public is supposed to be totally acceptable, but I just don't believe that. If you want to breast feed and you are in public than go to the restroom... its not that hard. You could also bring a bottle (even if it is pumped breast milk). I really don't want to see that. You chose to have the kid, I didn't, you deal with it!

Honestly, I think a large majority of people posting in this thread are completely misinformed on how many woman go about breast feeding in public. Most women I know who have breast fed in public have either used a covering of some sort, or even going to the extent to cover their breast with their hand. Please don't try and paint a picture that women are "stripping" as Anchorman said, or "exposing themselves".

I'm trying my best to not be biased here, but obviously God gave women breasts for a reason, it's natural, am i right?
    Check my achievements bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    He's actually wrong, or at least what he said was misleading; you can ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in the UK, all you are forbidden from doing is withholding any service you would normally provide to everyone, to a breastfeeding woman.
    Thought it sounded a bit weird but I honestly cba researching anything, so my bad.
    Either way, the people confronting women for breastfeeding in public are going to make more of a scene than her breastfeeding the child.

Simply put, if you have a problem with this you need to grow up. Nothing more to be said on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankoku View Post
    I'll start by saying i'm in USA. I know it's different in every country.

I agree with this. Babies shouldn't be out in public. This isn't because of the breast feeding, this is because if someone is out in public we need to all be held to the same standards. This also falls under disturbing and creating screens. See if a man/woman(say 21) starts screaming or running around or making a scene in public they're going to get arrested/assaulted etc. But then people say a baby(and kids) doing the same thing or worse (crying/screaming/pooping) it's OKAY? No, you want to breast feed in public that's fine, but to have that kid out there in the first place you need to be in control of it or it needs to control itself and understand what's except able behavior. If you want to be able to tell everyone else what to do(let you breast feed in public but you can't show off the same parts normally) then hold yourself and your kid to the same standard.
    Well, you have a minority opinion with which most people will not agree with. Mental problems, age, disabilities or not, we are ALL members of society and have the right to participate in society. You can't just hide undesirable things in institutions and pretend they don't exist. At least not if you have any concern for human decency.