Abadi elected as new Irqi PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28739975

Will this change in Prime ministers bring a much needed change in the Iraq government?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

Deleted
    Inc coup in 3.. 2.. 1..

15+ Year Old Account
    Malaki need to go, another power hungry moron that only care for his people. Iraq wont get a functioning secular government without him totally out of the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    any info on the guy? Is he sane?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Sane? In the middle east? I won't be holding my breath, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well he sounds more popular with Kurds and Shias, and he seems to have been living outside of the country for quite a long time, so that may temper any inclination to play faction politics.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Who is Haider al-Abadi?

*Born in Baghdad in 1952, he is an electrical engineer by training, holding a PhD from the UK's University of Manchester

*Lived in exile in London during the rule of Saddam Hussein, but was still active in Iraq's Islamic Dawa Party

*Returned to Iraq following Hussein's toppling, served as Minister of Communications shortly afterwards

*Served during Nouri Maliki's government as the head of the Iraqi parliament's finance committee

All it says in the article about him, now that ive finished my daily hour of news i'll look into him further, as I am interested in him as well. Anything I find i'll post here.

- - - Updated - - -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haider_Al-Abadi

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_5543252.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rime-minister/
    All I could find on him thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

Well, as an American, I can say our nation building is complete. You are welcome!

Deleted
    Lol Maliki wasn't relevant to the US anymore and gets replaced for a better puppet aka one that actually listens. Don't think anyone didn't see this coming.

Suprised he didnt put up more of a fight, thought there would be blood in the streets of Baghdad before he left. Proper had elite units answering to him only, recruited a loyal following (dictator style).
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2014-08-11 at 09:21 PM.

This is pretty important. Malaki had to go. 60% voter turnout in Iraq and Malaki is voted out. Iraqis want democracy.

Now Malaki says he won't go. The EU and US are telling him to leave.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Lol Maliki wasn't relevant to the US anymore and gets replaced for a better puppet aka one that actually listens. Don't think anyone didn't see this coming.

Suprised he didnt put up more of a fight, thought there would be blood in the streets of Baghdad before he left. Proper had elite units answering to him only, recruited a loyal following (dictator style).
    Puppet posts are almost always a sign of a silly poster. Him being installed might have had it issues but you cant argue that US are the ones putting most pressure on him putting together a secular government.