Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Server farms to be exact.

- - - Updated - - -

I just see Gul'dan holding up baby Thrall with the Lion King music playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Can't wait for RPGs to look like this 20 years in the future, lol. Maybe less tbh.
    I would say more. Technology isn't moving along fast enough to render this kind of quality live, without lag or stutter at a consumer price point.

My body is ready...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    I would say more. Technology isn't moving along fast enough to render this kind of quality live, without lag or stutter at a consumer price point.
    You also have to remember that games tend to pull back on the graphics a bit to service those with older machines. I would say 30-40 years so its good to know that my children/grandchildren will have some fucking awesome graphics to play with XD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hupriest View Post
    You also have to remember that games tend to pull back on the graphics a bit to service those with older machines. I would say 30-40 years so its good to know that my children/grandchildren will have some fucking awesome graphics to play with XD.
    Yeah also remember. That when something like this gets invented, it take another 5-10 years before it hits the market commercially.

If it happens, I should be lucky and still catch a glimpse xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    errr what? technology is moving at an incredible pace. consider what we had 20 years ago. Technology is advancing at proportionally exponential rate.

Deleted
    And that is how I got my new desktop background

Quote Originally Posted by cmdr View Post
    Not sure exactly where this place is, but *puts tinfoil hat on* it certainly is on Earth! Proof: i.imgur.com/SxaXcB4.jpg
    Yeah, sure.

Shortly before the opening of the Dark Portal, Gul'dan called the orc clans to the mountain to drink the blood of Mannoroth, thus enslaving them to the Burning Legion's will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think you underestimate how many gamers have quality PC's. The better graphics would tax your GPU not CPU.
    You underestimate the power required to run a game of that graphical fidelity. Even the most cutting edge gaming PC wouldn't be able to run a game in real time that looked like that. I mean we're still having to rely on the trickery of normal maps in even the best looking games, we're miles away from having games looking like that screen shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    WoW! What resolution is that picture taken in?
    4.096px × 1.743px

That's a movie 2.35 aspect ratio.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-11 at 06:35 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder who will narrate this trailer. Garrosh? Grom?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    errr what? technology is moving at an incredible pace. consider what we had 20 years ago. Technology is advancing at proportionally exponential rate.
    Aye. The pinnacle of real time rendering then would have been Doom, look at how primitive it looks compared to today's standards. Now we have the Oculus Rift in development and various projects incorporating haptic technology.

20 years from now they will be developing early full immersion tech via implanted computers or possibly something similar to the holodeck used in Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Hupriest View Post
    Who says those are awesome graphics? I'd prefer the current graphics to the ones from the cinematics because they're easier to play with, regardless of computer speed.

i think that hill is HIGHMAUL, new raid in WoD in Nagrand west, an Ogre Capital

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    That's the thing. It's still moving fast, but it's getting slower at the same time.

I wonder if this is a hint that Kil'jaden will be the last boss of the xpac.

They surely don't show his throne for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Aye. The pinnacle of real time rendering then would have been Doom, look at how primitive it looks compared to today's standards. Now we have the Oculus Rift in development and various projects incorporating haptic technology.

20 years from now they will be developing early full immersion tech via implanted computers or possibly something similar to the holodeck used in Star Trek.
    Remember when people said 2001 Space Odyssey would come true in the early 2000s?

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    You underestimate the power required to run a game of that graphical fidelity. Even the most cutting edge gaming PC wouldn't be able to run a game in real time that looked like that. I mean we're still having to rely on the trickery of normal maps in even the best looking games, we're miles away from having games looking like that screen shot.
    Not really. The trees are procedural, the polygonal details are not that much of a deal. In 5 years games will look like that an better.
    Games like Crysis 3 already look like this:
    http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/m...crysis_3_6.jpg

You can expect very impressive graphics in the next few years when GPUs get unified virtual 3d memory and NVlink.
    Check the Nvidia Pascal presentation. We will finally get rid of the PCI bottleneck.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    i think that hill is HIGHMAUL, new raid in WoD in Nagrand west, an Ogre Capital
    That landscape does not even remotely look like Nagrand. It does however look like a perfect match for Tanaan Jungle.