Deleted

Too late to return to the game?

is it? i have a 50 since January, but i never got a piece of gear from the dungeon vendor back in the days. i dont want to be left out when i try to do content because of my gear

It's not too late and there's a number of ways to gear up reasonably fast. At this point you could run a few dungeons and earn enough tomes of mythology to kit your character out in ILVL 90 gear rather easily. Generally speaking if you let people know that you're a returning player then most players are pretty friendly and understanding from what I've seen first hand.

Due to how the duty finder works it's also pretty easy to find a group for both new and old content and all the rewards are still intact so you won't be missing out if you jump back into FFXIV.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-08-12 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    It's not too late and there's a number of ways to gear up reasonably fast. At this point you could run a few dungeons and earn enough tomes of mythology to kit your character out in ILVL 90 gear rather easily. Generally speaking if you let people know that you're a returning player then most players are pretty friendly and understanding from what I've seen first hand.

Due to how the duty finder works it's also pretty easy to find a group for both new and old content and all the rewards are still intact so you won't be missing out if you jump back into FFXIV.
    Then if super imoatient hunt farming.

Or CT once you unlock it(if ilv is an upgrade) then Syrcus towwr drops ilv 100 and so on.

So yeah it is not to late at alk. SE makes it really easy to catch up gear wise.

Deleted
    Cool ! I want to remember that you needed like 800-1000 marks for a piece of gear and only got like 10-20 per dungeon or something. maybe it is still that way? Back in the days i thought that was really grindy since i only got into that first dungeon over and over and over again. got bored.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Cool ! I want to remember that you needed like 800-1000 marks for a piece of gear and only got like 10-20 per dungeon or something. maybe it is still that way? Back in the days i thought that was really grindy since i only got into that first dungeon over and over and over again. got bored.
    Well, for mystic for example you get 110 for the daily main scenario roulette, 100 if there is a new player and 20 for the dungeon itself. Makes 230 per day just for one quick run and you need from 375 for jewelry up to 850 for be breast, all lvl 90 gear.

Furthermore, you also get lvl 90 gear from the hunt, though I have not found out how people get 150 seals per hour (you would get stuff starting from 20-40 seals).
    I just do it occasionally if I run into a mob or someone posts one while I'm in the same area and already got my first item.

So personally I think gearing up is extremely quick. I got 50 1 week ago and already half of my stuff is lvl 90 (just one ring is left of my jewelry, because I cannot take the same item twice...). It might take longer to get lvl 100 items, I haven't worried about that yet. However, the initial catchup does not seem to be a big grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Myth cal is gone we use soldiery for ilv 100 gear.

And on top of raids there are about 12 dungeons for endgame now.

Basically you can gain myth and soldiery for just about anything you do at endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    is it? i have a 50 since January, but i never got a piece of gear from the dungeon vendor back in the days. i dont want to be left out when i try to do content because of my gear
    The catch-up mechanics in this game aren't bad. You can hop back in and do some of the smaller group stuff until you get geared for 8 mans. The only thing really gating you is the Sol cap and Coil lockout, but you won't really worry about the latter until later, and the former is taken care of while you're still gearing up.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also Myth cal is gone we use soldiery for ilv 100 gear.

And on top of raids there are about 12 dungeons for endgame now.

Basically you can gain myth and soldiery for just about anything you do at endgame.
    I think you mean Philo is no longer available, not myth is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    I think you mean Philo is no longer available, not myth is gone.
    I think he meant "Myth cap is gone".
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I think he meant "Myth cap is gone".
    LOL I did and thanks...Was SUPER tired when I posted that.

10+ Year Old Account
    this tier is almost over, I would say come back now, start farming gear up to close to ilvl100 so when coil 3 comes out you will be on oar with everyone again

Deleted
    I stopped playing after 2 months, but just picked up my sub again, enjoying it a lot more this time round....just playing for fun changed my whole outlook on the game....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I stopped playing after 2 months, but just picked up my sub again, enjoying it a lot more this time round....just playing for fun changed my whole outlook on the game....
    LOL yeah this game is definitely more about the journey and world/story then the destibation.

Beginning to wonder if I should return to the game. With all the updates, I'm scared I'll be lost by the time I hop back in.

I took a long break with this game a bit after launch and I'm trying it again with the free trial with my brand new level 50 monk. I have to say that gearing up is incredibly easy now with so many different ways (hunts, dungeons, primals and so on). I'm having an incredible amount of fun and most people already know the old content by now so it's easy to do them in the duty finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah Daina even patch notes list stuff and the current raid tier is almost over...Next will be the last as well.

Then the story quests are used to unlock other stuff..

So you should be...Actualllly I think the free week lasts 1-3 more days give it a shot I say see what ya think. And you will be fine I bet.